Hanging by a Thread

BY FATE

 

 

 

 

 

190634_1600478972973_1266006545_31246772

 

 

 

 

Rei Mi pulled the curtain on the giant window to welcome the sunshine inside the house. It was another unsure morning for her. For the past week, all she felt was awkwardness. She was suddenly uncomfortable inside her own home and that awkwardness was shown to everybody including her husband.

Yoochun didn’t know what to do with his wife. After what happened between Jaejoong and Changmin, it was silently decided that the issue will be kept among them.  But Yoochun knew better. He knew something was up so he persuaded Changmin to tell him everything. He was a little hurt and disappointed since his wife chose to keep everything from him. But being a good husband, he understood that his wife was having a hard time. He knew he had to do something and he won’t let Rei Mi, the love of his life, continue to sulk or drown herself into insecurity.

Rei Mi was about to turn around when she was stopped by two arms wrapping around her waist. She was startled and frozen on her place. Yoochun rested his chin on the crook of her neck and smelled her scent lovingly.

“Good morning Princess.” He said behind her ears. It was enough to make her giggle under normal circumstances but that day was different. His husband’s actions didn’t have any effect on her. Instead, she forced a small smile and gently removed his arms from her waist. It was a simple action that broke Yoochun’s heart but he had to be strong and patient. He didn’t want her to get away without talking so he held her once again and that time, stronger but with much care. He took her into hostage, lovingly wrapping her from behind.

“Please let’s stay like this for a while. I miss you since you’ve been avoiding me since last week.” He whispered and her wife felt guilty instantly. She was purposely avoiding him because she had a lot of questions inside her brain but she didn’t have the guts to voice them out and she was scared to find the answers.

“Y- Yoochun, I…I need to cook.” She stuttered as she tried to free herself from him but it was useless. The more she struggled, the more Yoochun held her tight.

“You’re not going anywhere. Something is wrong and I want to know. You don’t even call me like you used to anymore. My name sounded so weird. I want you to call me like before.”

But instead, she struggled more and again it was no use so she just gave up and let her tears fall and let her husband hug her tight. It was what she needed in the first place but she just kept on denying him.

“I will still love you no matter what.” He said and Rei Mi raised her head, a little shock of his statement. Could it be that Yoochun knew something? She wanted to ask but then again, she stopped herself.

“I will find you anywhere.”

“Yoo…chun…” she sobbed.

“I know what you’re thinking and it hurts me that you are having second thoughts on me.”

She took a deep sigh and faced her husband. “Will you still love me if I’m not his sister?” she was clearly talking about Jaejoong but even the mention of his name was painful.

“I will only love one lady and her name is Rei Mi. I married you not because of Hyung. I married you because I love you. And I’m forever thankful for him and as I said, he has nothing to do with what I feel for you.” Yoochun cupped her face and wiped her tears using his thumb. “I’m thankful because Hyung brought you here. I’m sure if not I’m still the old Yoochun, lost and with no direction in life.  I will still marry you even whoever you are.” His words brought new set of tears to her eyes. She felt love.

“Fate brought us together Princess and no matter how far you are, my heart will surely find you. Don’t be so hard on yourself. I love you no matter who you are and what you are. I can’t imagine myself without you so please stop doing this to yourself.” His words were more than enough to console her and bring back the security she lost. For the first time that week, she smiled genuinely and leaned closer to his face to give her husband a long passionate kiss. It was full of love because it was what Yoochun deserved.

They were both out of breath after that kiss. They both smiled and leaned against each other’s forehead. “I love you and never doubt my words.” He said.

Rei cried once again but that time, it was because she was too overwhelmed. She had nothing to worry about her husband. Yoochun proved that they were really meant to be and their hearts will surely find each other no matter what.

“I love you too Yoochun.”

 

 

Meanwhile, back in Jeju…

“Stop crying and get on your feet!” Ji Won grabbed Mi Young’s hair and pulled her up. The lady winced in pain but she couldn’t do anything. All her strength was gone and she had nothing to hold onto.  She was left in Jeju with a promise form Jaejoong, the guy she truly love, that he will return immediately so they could be together. But a week already passed and no Jaejoong was seen. She spent all her time standing on the shore and waiting for ships arriving to their island so she can welcome him but she failed. Jaejoong didn’t return for her and she wasn’t that strong like she thought she was. She already gave up and allowed her sister to do anything to her, numbing her body and heart at the same time.

The scene that happened before he left a week ago still lingered inside her mind and it didn’t left her alone no matter how she tried.

 

“Jae?” she came after talking to Rei Mi and she was worried because Ji Won was left at home and her sister might do something to harm him. She thanked the heaven when she saw that he was okay. She immediately pulled him into a hugged and to her surprised, he didn’t respond, instead he tapped her head and kissed her forehead. “Jae, what happened?”

 She was sure Ji Won did something to him but she couldn’t tell what yet. “Tell me, what did my sister do?”

“Don’t worry, she didn’t do anything.”

She smiled and tried to hug him again but Jaejoong stepped back even before she could take a step forward. That surprised her a lot. Jaejoong was acting weird ever since they arrived to the island and it worried her a lot but the guy didn’t say anything.

“Then tell me what’s wrong? Are you not feeling well? Is there something bothering you? What’s wrong?” she said, full of worry but Jaejoong only answered her with a smile, a forced one.

“I’m okay.” He assured and she smiled in relief but she was not prepared with his next words.

“I need to go home now and I’m afraid I need to leave you here for a while.” His words were unsure and Mi Young didn’t like it a bit.

“Why? I don’t want to stay here, I’m going with you. I want to stay beside you so don’t leave me here. I don’t want to stay!” she yelled but she can tell that Jaejoong made his decision and it was final. His eyes were serious and sad and she was suddenly afraid.

“Mi Young, I’ll be back and get you here. We will be together again but… but … I’m afraid we can’t stay together like we used to be.” He almost choked and Mi Young’s world started to tremble. It was the truth she didn’t want to hear and believe.  “We can’t stay like this anymore because it’s …wrong.”

“Jae…” her felt like she was about to get drown. Her chest felt so heavy that breathing suddenly became hard to do. She took his hand and kissed them lovingly. It was her silent appeal for him to take his words back and stay with her but it was useless.

Jaejoong looked away, fighting his own tears he didn’t want to leave, knowing that when he returned, he would have to treat her as his sister and not his lover and that damage his soul to the fullest.

“I don’t want you to leave me.” She whispered, lost for words and with a shattered soul.

He then pulled her into a tight hug and rubbed her back gently. He savored the moment for he knew that it would be the last time he will hug her as his girlfriend. On his return, Mi Young will be his sister and it will stay that way forever.

“I will be back.” And then he pulled away and went out, leaving Mi Young frozen to the ground with tears flowing on her face. It was one fast goodbye.

 

“Mi Young!” Her sister’s loud voice brought her back from her reverie and all she did was stare at her in total sadness. She couldn’t cry anymore even if she wanted to. There were no tears left but she still couldn’t let herself to hate Jaejoong. After everything, she kept on believing that he was still her lover and nothing more. She didn’t want him to be her brother and it will surely kill her if Jaejoong will be with another girl. She will never be able to handle that. Dying seemed so easy than seeing him with someone new. But that time, solution was scarce and she couldn’t find it anywhere.

“If Jaejoong has no plan on returning we will go after him!” for the first time, Mi young liked the words that went out from her sister’s filthy mouth. She was so happy and for a moment, she forgot the entire burden stuffing her heart. But her next words were pure disappointment and venomous.

 “You’re his sister and you must get what you deserve. I won’t let that Rei get all the riches that supposed to be yours. We will go there and get what you deserve.” She smirked and Mi Young swore she saw her sister with two small red horns above her head and a fiery tail behind her.

“You’re gonna make me rich Mi Young and you will do it whether you like it or not. You’ll gonna make Kim Jaejoong’s stubborn head as soft as a pillow.” And with that, Ji won left laughing madly, leaving Mi Young fixed on the ground. Whatever her sister plans was she wasn’t interested anymore. All she wanted was to be with Jaejoong and nothing more.

 

 

Back in Seoul, Yoochun had finally convinced his wife to talk to her brother since she was avoiding him for a whole week. 

He knew the feeling and felt bad for the both of them but now that Rei was okay, he only had Jaejoong to take care of. The guy was in great mess and they all wanted him back. He was still active on their schedules and acted like nothing happened and nothing was wrong but all of them knew better. He may hide the truth from them but they were not dumb.  They knew something was off even if Changmin refused to tell them. They couldn’t blame the maknae though because he promised not to tell a single soul about it.

Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu were totally worried about the way Changmin and Jaejoong were acting. The younger male was suddenly protective of the older, making sure that his Hyung was not left alone or at least he was talking. Jaejoong on the other hand seemed normal. No one could tell that he was carrying something heavy because he was still smiling and performing like he used to but everyone can tell that he lacked something. His empty eyes spoke for him. Fans may not see it but the three guys can perfectly sense it. Something was wrong with Jaejoong and they won’t let it eat him alive.

 

Rei Mi opened her brother’s room with care. She didn’t want any noise that could disturb him. She was a little reluctant to talk to him.

The awkwardness never left her and even on their ride back home from Jeju a week ago was consumed by silence. Rei Mi suddenly lost her tongue and thought of everything that could link her to Kim Jaejoong. She started judging their appearance, looking for something that they both have convincing herself that she’s his sister.

Almost everyone that knows them said that they shared the same eyes and their laugh was indeed alike but she suddenly doubted it. She had a hard time convincing herself and most of the time, all she saw was Mi Young and Jaejoong’s resemblance, both on looks and everything.

Jaejoong and Mi Young both know how to cook. Rei Mi can also cook but Mi Young’s work beat her. Now that she realized it, all Mi Young’s ability always came first and she was only placed second. Mi Young loves plants and she was good at taking care of their garden.  Even their names were like played upon. Who knew that ‘Mimi’ was not for Rei Mi? It was really for Mi Young and that proved that she was the real Kim and not her. All of those small details stormed inside Rei Mi’s brain on their way home. Jaejoong was clueless that she was thinking of those things.

And now, She was at his door and afraid to take a step. It was the room she once entered freely, the room where she slept once because she wanted to be her brother on the night before her marriage. It was the same room where she took care of her brother and where they talked about things about their life. The room had so many memories and then in a snapped, Rei Mi had lost the confidence to step into that same place. She kept on telling herself that she doesn’t have to right to even step into that house because she wasn’t related to the owner at all.

She felt jealous towards her best friend Sakura. She wasn’t Jaejoong’s blood sister but in the eyes of the law and everyone, she’s his sister and that made her chest lose some air. Her feet wobbled as she fought the tears that were stubbornly escaping her eyes. She had to talk to her brother. She had to know everything and whatever will happen after that, she was all prepared; at least that was what she told herself.

 

Unknown to everyone, Rei Mi was having a hard time accepting that she wasn’t Jaejoong’s real sister and so she acted on reflex and immediately called the only person she thought knew everything upon their arrival in Seoul last week. That person promised to come but it wasn’t enough to calm her nerves. She kept on sulking and feeling sorry for herself. And that day, her husband knew that she could no longer contain herself so he did everything he can to convince her to talk to her brother. And there she was, afraid to utter even a single word.

Jaejoong sensed that someone was staring at his back so he immediately turned and hide the thing he was holding and saw his sister in tears. He stood and welcomed her into his arms like nothing happened and Rei stood in utter shock.  At least Jaejoong can still hug her. They had shared many memories after all. That was she thought and made her calm down a bit. It was the only consolation for her.

“I’m glad you came. I really need you but scared to be near you.” At least the siblings were sharing the same feeling.

Rei Mi looked down after she pulled away from her brother’s arms. She had no answer to him so she stayed silent.

“Why aren’t you visiting me? I badly wanted to see you. You’ve been avoiding me since we left Jeju and it worries me a lot.” Rei Mi wasn’t sure but the brother sounded so helpless and it was heart breaking. She suddenly regretted the way acted. She could’ve talked or explained everything to him.

“I… I…” but before she could finish her sentence, Jaejoong once again hugged her tight, never want to let go. It was hard for her to breath but she allowed him to do it because it felt like he needed it. They remained that way for a few minutes and when Jaejoong spoke, he was in tears.

“Please hug me back.” He pleaded. She realized that she wasn’t hugging him back. Her arms were hanging on her side, not responding to his embrace. For a second she thought she was helping Jaejoong but she was wrong. All her actions just broke him more. He wanted warmth and she gave her coldness. It wasn’t the best way to comfort a brother she thought.

She slowly raised her arms and locked them around her brother’s waist. Jaejoong can sense the awkwardness of her hug but for him it was more than enough. He knew he shouldn’t ask for more since they were both suffering. Their lives were being played by fate and the experience was truly excruciating.

“Mimi, hold on okay? I will fix this. Be strong for me please? You’re my last string of sanity. I really don’t know what do so I’m begging you to be strong… for me.” And that was the only time Rei Mi’s hug tightened. She can feel her brother’s burden and she realized that he never once think of her as an outsider. She was the only one that thought that way and she was suddenly ashamed of herself. But still couldn’t deny the pain she was feeling. It hurts… a lot.

Jaejoong was desperate. Rei Mi knew that he already lost Mi Young and he was afraid to lose her too. She then pulled away from his hug to see his brother’s face. Reality then hit her, hard. She could no longer recognize the guy in front of her. Jaejoong was a huge mess, physically and perhaps mentally. His beard was growing on his face and his eyes were swollen and red. His eye bags were seriously big and he dropped a disturbing amount of weight. She could feel his bones on his arms. And to top it all, Jaejoong was extremely pale. Make up did a perfect job to hide everything but Rei Mi knew that sooner or later Jaejoong might not be able to carry it anymore.

“O-Oppa…” the word felt weird but she ignored it. “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry.” She cried and Jaejoong just smiled and patted her back. “Don’t cry Mimi, we still have each other remember? And sooner or later, she will join us.” The last sentence came out like a whisper, but it was clear enough for her to hear. He was talking about Mi Young, his supposed girlfriend that happened to be his sister, the real Kim.

“Shhh… don’t be. Don’t.” she helped him sat on the nearby couch because both of them were loosing the strength to stand up, literally and figuratively.

“But… But what if she doesn’t want me here?” she worried.

“Why? As far as I know you’re my sister, her sister, so why are you saying that she might not want you? You know I won’t allow that.”

“Oppa?”

“Mimi.”

“Stop. That name belongs to her now. Let’s not pretend anymore. You know I love you right? You will always be my brother but I think its time to face the truth. Mi Young is the real Mimi, the real Kim not me. She’s the one who supposed to be in my place. I took everything from her so it’s not right for me place  my self here.”

“What are you saying?” Jaejoong voice suddenly rose. He wasn’t amused by her words. “You’re my sister and everyone knows that. No one has the right to tell you that you’re not a Kim because you are. You are my sister!”

“Oppa…” she looked down and started to crumple her dress by her fist. It was suffocating and she wanted to run but her feet had no strength left. “I’m not.”

“I have the DNA test results to prove it.”

*****************************************************************

Oh hi^^

 Did I confuse you? Sorry ><

It will end soon so please be patient ^^

This chapter has 2-3 chapters left.

Who is the real Kim? What cha think? Tell me who you think Jaejoong’s real sister is. Type them on the comments box below ^^

New character on the next chapter and someone will come back.

@mydream_jae : Believe me chinggu, I also wanted to strangle the living daylight out of Ji Won but not yet… she will still play an important part  on this story. And thanks for the compliment ^^

@xtinamaria Coz I’m so bad, bad and naughty, naughty ^^ don’t worry, everything will be alright? And the father?  Mr. Kim is already dead… and his ghost wont come back ^^

@rheukkie I hope your defense went well... I know it’s confusing but everything will be cleared out… soon ^^ thanks for commenting.

@liL_bBy_G faint?  Do I need to call the ambulance? ^^ this chapter is a bit confusing but everything will be alright ^^

@koreankendi marami pang bombs Mrs. Jung and I think Mrs. Shim is waiting for the biggest bomb ^^

@Alzina Hi ^^  I know adding a new character is a bit late but this character will play a vital role so I need to add him/her. And don’t worry, this time, I will let the villains get what they truly deserve. I won’t be forgiving like in the previous stories. >< oh… I’m so bad… ^^

@ChunNong12 I like drama… and more to come ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments, suggestions and violent reactions are welcomed ^^

aejae22

BY FATE