One Down

BY FATE

 

Weeks had past and Mi Young was coping very well. She was living with Jaemi and the latter was helping her with her studies. She was currently taking high school at the same university with Jaemi and Saki. The two including Rei made it a point that she never missed a single lesson and everything was covered up. The former maid was busy more than ever, enjoying the happiness of school that was taken away from her and t meeting new friends. Truly, it was the life she wished she had. She was finally mingling with other people and slowly gaining friends. Her confidence was also getting higher and the ladies were more than proud with that achievement. It was also discovered that she wasn’t really as dumb like they used to think. Upon stepping into school, all the knowledge entered her mind and she became a very diligent student who was more than eager to learn things about the world and the life itself. Planning for college also entered her mind and she choice of path to take after high school blown the ladies away. She wanted to take law school and be a lawyer. It was a dream she had when she was still young and it was slowly becoming reality with the help of people around her and most especially, Jaejoong.

The shy and demure Mi Young was long gone for she finally learned how to defend and argue with others. Her intelligence that was locked finally flowed and she was using it very well. In a short matter of time, she was the first freshman to enter the prominent debate society of their department. It was a huge success that gained her huge popularity not only among freshman but also from the whole high school. Many girls wanted to be her friend. Her age was never a hindrance for them to reach her. She was glad that she was having the life she always wanted and she was planning to enjoy it to the fullest.

Boys wanted to be her friend also and called him their Noona and Jaejoong wasn’t very happy about it. Mi Young was getting famous by her own was and not because she was Jaejoong‘s girl. It was a reason to be happy but the DBSK’s Hyung was far from being happy. He didn’t want any guy near her but he cannot do anything about it since he was busy preparing for the release of their comeback album.

The company was expecting a lot from them and he cannot put them down. The five guys were anxious about that comeback since it will be Cassiopeia’s answer to all the revelation they did.  The released date was posted and all they had to do was to promote nonstop and wait. But the waiting was killing them to the max. All of them never had a very good night sleep since they finished recording. it felt like they were debuting once again and it was terrifying.

But all the card were down already so they was nothing left but to  stay calm and face the creepy reality called waiting.

 

“Glad you’re here.” Jaemi’s exasperated looked bothered Mi Young a lot. She just came back from school and Yunho’s girl’s expression was making her nervous. She knew the reason why the foreign girl was acting like that and she herself was feeling the same but she chose to remain calm.

It was a tough day for all of them. DBSK’s manager called that morning and he said that there was a sort of bad and good news about the upcoming comeback album. All of them were already fretful, the sound of bad news made the day much more awful.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” Mi Young said but it was more for herself than to Jaemi. What could be that bad news? It was really frightening.

“I hope so.” Jaemi frowned. It was unusual for her to crack her eye brows. It was an obvious sign that she didn’t like the current situation and soon, they had to face that so called bad news. “Will they come for us or we’ll be coming over?” the high school student, who was still in her uniform asked.

“The second one.” Jaemi  nonchalantly answered.

“So what are we still doing here?” she smiled, hoping it will somehow make the person in front of her slightly happy. But it was a major failure. “Don’t you have some assignments to do?”

“Done.”

Jaemi shrugged her shoulders. Mi Young really improved a lot but she was too drowned to give her some compliments. She decided to save it up for later use.

They immediately hired a taxi to reach their destination faster. They couldn’t afford to engage themselves into the populous subway, at least not that time. They arrived at the Park’s residence twenty minutes later and both of them were gasping for dear life. They saw everyone, including Rei and Saki, sitting at the spacious living room. All of them were sporting a deadpan face and the two newly arrived girls didn’t like it a bit. Mr. Kang, the manager, was nowhere in sight which gave them the conclusion that the news was already shared. And that included the bad news.

Jaejoong welcomed her with a tight huge and a slight peck on the lips. “You really look good in uniform.” He managed to whisper to her ears but she was too engulfed by anxiety to answer back. She usually replied back with a smile but that time of course was different.

Yunho did the same to Jaemi and after that, they went back to their sit and waited for someone who was brave enough to break the news.

“Do you want to eat first?” Rei asked but Mi Young immediately declined and she did it showing her new articulate self. “No thanks, we rather hear than news first. It’s what we came here for after all.”

Changmin and Junsu mouthed ‘wow’ while Saki and Rei smiled in satisfaction. Everyone was just blown away by Mi Young’s improvement and it was huge since she had entered school for only three weeks but the results were exceptional. And of course, Kim Jaejoong was more than proud.  A smiled was etched on his handsome face and everyone swore it was more like a constipated grin.

Yunho coughed loudly, signaling everyone to listen as he laid the bad news first. “The released of the album was postponed.”

Silence.

“How can it be? What could be the reason?” Mi Young asked as her grip in Jaejoong’s hand tightened.  Jaemi just nodded in agreement. She was just so lost to utter any word. “They cannot just postpone it just because they want to.”

Yunho smiled from ear to ear. “Of course. The preorders were so high so the company decided to postpone the release for two days to accommodate all the preorders.”

“Eh?” Jaemi finally spoke at the same time her body relaxed. “That’s it?”

“Yes that’s it.” Yunho grinned and Jaemi swore she wanted to squeeze the life out of him. “Damn! I seriously want to kill you right now.” She hissed afterwards. “I almost died of heart attack! How can you put us in that situation? We are so worried! Don’t you know how important that news for us?” She blabbered but she wasn’t angry, just frustrated, mostly to Yunho because of choosing to play a prank to them.

“And I love you too.” He silenced her with a kiss. The other couples wanted to do the same with their partners and Changmin wanted to gag.

“So that means your fans still love you.” Mi Young smiled cheekily.

“You know there’s another reason love, they approve what we have. They like you and they wish us nothing but happiness.” Jaejoong added and kissed her temple. It was one of the rare moments were they were all together and celebrating the fact that another storm was survived. And each and every one of them wished that it will all stay the same.

“But you know what makes me happier?”

“What?”

“They gave us a free day and that means that we will be going out tomorrow. It’s Saturday so I expect you to agree and come with me.” For the past weeks, Jaejoong had been hoping that Mi Young won’t be so busy with her studies because it meant less time for them to see each other. But he couldn’t do anything since sending her to school was his idea and that frustrated him the most. His satisfied himself with those weekends movie and short dates. He was lucky if Mi Young wasn’t working on any assignments or if he wasn’t doing any photo shoots with the members.  He missed his girl so much and that one free day meant a lot to him.

 

That free day was truly spent wisely and for the first time, Jaejoong and Mi Young’s date went perfectly well. Aside from fans screaming from time to time, everything went smoothly and Jaejoong was beyond happy. It was spent with a simple walk in the park and a simple meal in simple restaurant but the memories that added to their blossoming relationship was far from being plain. Mi Young enjoyed it al lot. She admit that school can be stressful most of the times that she always had t remind herself that she was doing it for Jaejoong . And like a wonder, her inspiration leveled up at the thought of her lover. They both could not ask for more.

Unknown to them, during those snatched dates and Jaejoong’s simple visits to Mi Young; someone was cautiously watching from a far. That special day was now exemption. Armed with some huge shades and baseball caps, Kiyomi wandered the cold streets of Seoul just to follow the two love birds with jealousy creeping to her body. She didn’t mind the chilly winds and the blistering cold weather. She had been doing it for the past weeks, neglecting her duties as a model. Her life went into a full 180 after Mi Young told her that she was willing to fight her back. After that fateful day, she lost track of everything. Her buoyancy and poise was put into test and sadly, she lost. She was now so different from what she used to be. She turned down numerous modeling and movie offers and her management wasn’t so happy about it but she didn’t care. All she wanted was to trail or in the words of others, to stalk. She wanted to see if Jaejoong was happy and satisfied and looking for possible flaws she can throw at Mi Young but again, it was a major failure.

For the first time, she saw and realized something. She saw Jaejoong’s eyes that were full of genuine happiness and satisfaction, something that she never there when they were still together. There was a sting inside her chest and she badly wanted to cry for neglecting him and failing to bring that happiness and beauty from Jaejoong, the man she really loved. She never once saw that smile before. How can Jaejoong act so silly and childishly in front of Mi Young when all he gave Kiyomi was stiffness and indifference? Her mind was debating. Maybe he did but she didn’t take time to notice because she was so busy expanding her career and broadening her horizons. And then, at that point, everything was in a haze. She knew she had lost Jaejoong permanently and there was no way to get him back. Her career was also sinking because she lost the drive to work. Bouncing back to zero was hard but that day, realization hit her. Jaejoong and Mi Young really loved each other. She just couldn’t ruin that special bond they have. She didn’t have the heart to do so. Finally, it was time to wave her white flag.

The next day, breaking news startled everyone in Seoul. Famous super model Naomi was found unconscious inside her apartment. Apparently, she tried to kill herself by drinking too much pills.

 

Jaejoong paced back and forth as he waited for Changmin to ready the car for them. They were going to visit Kiyomi in the hospital and he was dead worried. She was still her friend after all and they had a past to share with so it was just normal to feel that way.  He was also sure that Mi Young heard the news about it and Yunho just texted him that they were also on their way to the hospital. Jaejoong’s girlfriend was with him and he didn’t like it, at all. Who knew what can Kiyomi do to her? He was being irrational but who could blame him for putting a fence around his girlfriend who became the target of everyone’s affection? And that affection meant otherwise. A lot of people wanted to kill or hurt her and a suicide survivor wasn’t an exception.

For the first time, Jaejoong thanked the heaven for making Changmin a speed maniac. They were literally flying across the street of Seoul, passing every red light and angry officers following them. The maknae was smart and sly enough to lose them. They had to face them later but the two of them knew that they weren’t violating any rules just because of Kiyomi’s condition. It was more because of Mi Young’s safety. The Hyung’s heart was beating faster than normal bit he didn’t care. He immediately hopped out the car and went inside the building as the maknae looked for a place to park the vehicle.

He was late. He found Yunho sitting on the waiting room and Mi Young was nowhere to be found.

“Where’s mi Young?” He yelled, gathering much attention and distaste look form the other patients and hospital staffs. It didn’t matter if he was Kim Jaejoong, he was in the hospital and he should abide rules set by it.

“Jae, Mi Young isn’t the one who is hospitalized.” Yunho had to remind his best friend why he was there.  Although he knew why the guy was acting the way, he needed to make sure. “Naomi woke up just before you arrived and she asked for Mi Young when she learned that she’s here.”

“You should‘ve not brought her here.” Jaejoong wasn’t blaming Yunho or anything. He also knew how Mi Young insist on things she wanted. He partially blamed it to the debate society she recently joined in. Jaejoong shook his head in defeat and tossed his back on the plastic chair beside Yunho.

“You know I tried to explain and stop your girlfriend but she started using words that was so unfamiliar and before I know, it was defeated.” Yunho explained and earned a chuckle form the other. “Sometimes I wanted to blame that school for feeding her too much stuff. I find most of them unnecessary.”

“Jaemi and my sister are the ones to blame. They wanted Mi Young to learn as much as she can.”

“Mi Young is quite smart. I can believe she can learn things that fast.”

“Told yah.” Changmin then joined them. “Mi Young was never dumb. Her brain cells were just stacked up and rusty.”

“I couldn’t agree more.” Yunho laughed and the three men looked at the room where Kiyomi and Mi Young were, at the same time.

 

 

 

 

M6eL4xgysno5nb6s7zuPkRhEo1_400.jpg138702166_small.jpg

 

 

 

Meanwhile, inside the hospital room, Mi Young stood worriedly in front of Kiyomi’s bed. The model was conscious but obviously weak. The IV tube was the only thing left among the apparatuses that were used to her.  And Mi Young was more than glad to know that they had removed everything before she entered that room. She just couldn’t stand such machines that make weird sounds.

“How are you?” Mi Young asked, without a trace of nervousness like she showed before. She was there as a friend, not a foe whatsoever. She was there to comfort the sick, not to despise or to laugh at her.

“Fine.” Kiyomi managed to speak clearly and audibly despite of the weakness she was feeling. There was no trace of dislike or hatred for the girl in front of her or a tint of awkwardness. “Thank you for coming.” She gave her a weak smile. The model’s pretty face was now pale and lifeless, her once plump cheeks were a bit swollen and her full lips were cracked and dull but Mi Young saw the determination in her eyes and that made her flinch secretly.

“Of course I’ll come. I’m you friend.”

Kiyomi suddenly tear up and her breath became uneven. “I know…and I’m glad.” Mi Young wiped the tear that fell from her eyes using her thumb and the gesture was full of love. Kiyomi felt her concern and was glad about it. The feeling was like the first time they met each other, the time when Jaejoong wasn’t between them. It was pure friendship.

“I’m sorry to say this but trying to take your life was the most stupid thing you’ve ever done. You should not be proud of it. I hate it. You can always face the problem whatever it is. Running away won’t make you a hero. Taking your life won’t make your name sparkle.”

“I know.” Kiyomi whispered. “Mi Young, I didn’t try to kill my self.”

“What?”

“Let’s not talk about it. I want to tell you something.” And Mi Young prepared herself for anything Kiyomi was about to say.

“ I’m giving up.” The model said after gathering the needed strength to utter such painful words. “I can’t fight anymore. “ Mi Young remain quiet. “I’m giving up not because I simple want to but… I can’t ruin your relationship with the man I love. I know he’s very happy with you and its killing me but I have to do this. I saw you yesterday Mi Young. I saw played in the park carelessly like kids. And I saw how happy he was with you. I never saw that kind of Jaejoong when we were still together. I’m glad… I’m glad…” It was difficult to speak but Kiyomi was fighting it. She needed to say those words to her.  All the emotions burst out all at the same time and a huge burden was lighted up from her chest. She somehow felt light and happy. “I was planning to call you yesterday to tell you this but this happened.”

“Kiyomi.” Mi Young was speechless. She couldn’t find the right words to say to the hurting girl in front of her. Part of her heart was jumping for joy but a huge part of it was mourning for the model’s pain. She couldn’t even comfort her. Kiyomi then reached for her hand and held it tight. It was such a sight to behold. The two ladies were crying but that time, they were crying because they were happy, happy for setting their hearts free.

“Remember you promised me to look after him while I’m away right?” Mi Young nodded. “That promised was fulfilled and I am more than glad. Now I’ll be happy to leave.”

“Leave?” Mi Young frowned. “Where are you going? You know you don’t have to leave.”

Kiyomi shook her head as her tears continuously fell.

“After what happened, I realized something. I was so busy with my career that I’ve neglected everyone around me including myself. I was so drown tot the spotlight that I failed to think about my life after everything is over so…. I’ve decided to quit modeling and volunteer at an orphanage.” She heaved a very deep sigh and smiled. Finally, happiness was traced in her eyes and no sign of regret was felt.

“Kiyomi… are you sure you want this?”

“Yes. I should’ve done this a long time ago. Don’t worry. I won’t leave Korea. I’ll be staying in Busan but expect some visits from me to check on Jaejoong.” She joked. “Will you allow me to go out with him during those times?”

“No.” Mi Young laughed. “He’s mine.”

“Selfish.”

They both laughed. Funny because they were laughing with tears on their eyes but only the two of them knew that they were both happy and contented and that friendship will truly last a lifetime. Kiyomi’s surrender gave their friendship a new height and made Mi Young looked up to her with great respect. The now former model knew when to fight a real fight and when to give up. And she earned Mi Young’s respect for that.

“Do I need to tell you to take care of him?”

Mi Young shook her head. “It’s you who needs to take care of yourself while you’re there. Lots of people will surely donate and extend their help for your orphanage. And I wish that you will find the person will love you the way you deserved to be loved.”

“Nah. I don’t think I’ll need a husband. I have lots of children to take care off.” Kiyomi laughed, their hands were still connected.

“You have to have one. You’ll love the feeling.”

“So how’s Jae?” Kiyomi obviously changed the topic and rolled her eyes.

“Jaejoong is on the verge of earning a medal for dumdumness.”

“Huh?”

“I thought I was the one who’s stupid. He really acts silly whenever he’s with me and I seriously want to smack him because of that. I don’t know is he’s faking it or he’s really that dumdum.”

“Typical Jae. He’s in love so you have to bear with him.”

 “I know right.”

Time passed and the two ladies seemed to enjoy every second of it. Before they knew it, it was already dark outside and the three guys fell asleep on the waiting are while waiting for them.

“I need to go now Kiyomi. But this is not goodbye right? I’ll be expecting your visits so we can stroll around Seoul just the two if us.”

“Yes. I’m already excited.”

Then a pause. Both of them looked at each other’s faces like they were memorizing their features for it will surely take a long time before they’ll see each other again.

“Take care Mi Young. Don’t let anyone ruin your happiness. Fight for it till the end. I know Jaejoong will do the same.  Fate brought your together. Fight till the end.”

Mi Young just smiled. She didn’t quite understand what she meant but she nodded. Kiyomi refused to see Jaejoong for the last time. She was kinda worried that she’ll change her mind and Mi Young respected it. She left her hospital room with a huge smile on her face. A sleepy Jaejoong welcomed her outside and she returned his huge with a sweet long kiss. She was happy and like what Kiyomi said, she will fight till the end.

*******************************************************************************

Aigoo >< I wasn’t able to update because of our dead internet connection.

Well I love you enjoy this chapter. So one down and one to go…^^

Comment, suggestions and violent reactions are loved ^^

aejae22

BY FATE