Calm Before the Storm

BY FATE

 

Dear friends,

                Hi there. If there still some of you who haven’t read the first story, By Blood, I strongly recommend to read it now before proceeding to this chapter and the next. Because just as I promised, the real story will unfold and we’ll dig into their dark past and reveal some deep hidden secrets. SO please enjoy reading and don’t forget to comment. Comments really make me feel so good so please keep them coming for me to know if I’m still on the right track. Okay? Thank you very much and have a rice reading. ^^

                                                                                                                                                                                Yours truly,

                                                                                                                                                                                aejae22

 

 

Special thanks to ShieLa May Baylon for helping me think clearly. She helped me arrange the messy things inside my brain ^^

 

Enjoy ^^

******************************************************************************

 

 

tvxq-thanks-boa.jpg

 

 

 

Everything was doing exceptionally good. DBSK released their comeback album and it was a massive and roaring success. They topped and mashed every chart in South Korea and broke records incredibly. Every music store had run out of stocks of their album and to think that it was only three days since it was released. Fans were roaming out in the chilly streets of Seoul and waiting patiently to every music stations and radio programs to play their songs.

DBSK were so busy as ever and they loved every minute of it. After coming out from a long hiatus, their angelic voices and devious dance moves were about to set every stage on fire. Music stations were filling up with requests from Cassiopeia and even foreigners took their time to fly to Korea just to catch a glimpse of these idols that were taking the world by storm.

Fellow artists and idols were just as excited as their comeback. Antis were long forgotten and the issue about their status was totally erased for the five gods rising from the east were just too hot to even think of something else. Everyone was mesmerized with their new looks and the same killer charisma they possessed.

The DBSK ladies on the other hand were as excited as their lovers but nervous as the same time. They were now bolder than ever and wasn’t afraid to show their faces and identity to everyone. Fans finally accepted them and gave the support they needed. They had been receiving gifts coming from different parts of the globe and it was too overwhelming. Jaemi was never used to it like Mi Young but Rei Mi and Saki were guiding them every step of the way.

Changmin, the maknae, was enjoying every bit of it since his own fan club gained a lot of followers since he was the only one left single and he could never ask for more.  Being now labeled as one of the most eligible bachelor of the whole Korea, women from all ages and walks of life were after him. Halmonis adored him, Ahjummas wanted him to be their son-in-law and Noonas was swooning over him. Even little girls wanted to be cuddled by him. He was truly satisfied though he sometimes wished he have a girl to embrace with like his Hyungs. But never the less, he was happy. It was the benefits of being single but it was too much for him to call it a privilege. He wasn’t enjoying being single or at least, he was trying to enjoy it.

Unknown to his Hyungs, like Kiyomi, he had given up and raised his white flag secretly. He didn’t have the heart to say it out loud. It had a good effect though. Jaejoong was still conscious about his acts and was always over protective of Mi Young whenever any guys would be her way especially him. Changmin was a surreptitious body guard. He didn’t want Jaejoong to enjoy his defeat. But then, he was happy for them because they were contented and going strong.

Realizing the importance of letting go was never easy and it hit him hard but then, it taught him a lot of things and he felt like e was a new guy, a stronger, tougher and smarter Changmin, not to mention more evil.

Everything was flowing smoothly and everything was calmed. Changmin didn’t like it one bit. It was because of the new couple, Jaejoong and Mi Young. He didn't like it not because he was against their happiness. He didn’t like the calmness because he knew something was up. He became suspicious when Kiyomi tried to kill herself or at least that was what they’ve been told.  She was his friend too and he knew that Kiyomi valued life so much that she hated suicide. So it was major shock when he heard the news. But the maknae didn’t have any evidence and so those suspicions were kept to his closet. Kiyomi herself never said anything about it so he held his lips close and became still. But the following events were slowly eating them and he was slowly getting anxious and afraid for his Hyung and the girl he was still in love with.

In the midst of seemingly endless rehearsals, performances and photo shoots, he never lost the drive to look after them and things and people surrounding them. It became his secret mission since he believed that everything that was happening was just the calm before the storm. 

 

Since DBSK did a great job, the company gave them a break. A one day break and they all chose to spend it with their love ones. As for Jaejoong, that day was for Mi Young and Mi Young alone. Their ‘date’ consists of a simple walk in the part and eating out since Mi Young didn’t want any extravagance and she was slowly converting Jaejoong in to the serious religion of thriftiness.

They were slowly walking at a part in the middle of Seoul. There were plenty of kids playing with their parents. They were somehow proud that it was still early and fangirls were still at school burying their faces on textbooks.

It was such a quiet day and the couple was indulging themselves on the spiciness of dukbokki. “This place is nice.” Started Mi Young with some sparkle in her eyes. “We should go here more often.”

“Yeah.” Jae nodded. “After the concert, we will definitely visit this place again since you made restaurants your mortal enemies.”

She chuckled as they settled at a park bench under a tree and watched the children play in front of them. “I don’t. I just think that their prices were unreasonable. You can buy a hundred serving of this for their one serving of ice cream.” She took the last piece of her food and tried to steal another from Jae’s cup and the latter frowned but gladly gave in. Who can resist her? Even Changmin had a hard time.

Since Mi Young had stolen his cup, he managed to lean closer to his girl and put his arm around his shoulder. She didn’t protest and just enjoyed the hot food from her hot guy.

“We can do whatever we want after all DBSK’s activities are over.”

“Will I get to see you sing live?”

“You’ll get the VIP ticket. If you want, I can pull some strings so that you can enter the backstage and meet the famous Jaejoong. Not everyone can do that, only a chosen few.” He smiled naughtily and pinched her cheeks.

“I would love that. I haven’t heard you sing and I’m so excited about that concert.” It was actually true. She hadn’t heard him sing since the whole group was on hiatus when she started working and it became her wish to see them sing especially the guy whom captivated the heart of her sister. She wanted to experience herself. She wanted to see and hear what made Ji Won fell for him.  

Jaejoong suddenly kissed her and she blushed madly, partly afraid of her surroundings. “Yah, we’re going to be headlines to tomorrow.” She said while looking around for possible stray reporters or paparazzi.”

“Let them be. I may start our picture collection from now on.”

“Jae?”

“Are you excited for the concert?”

“Very. I also wish Omma is here to join me.”

That caught the attention of Jaejoong. Come to think of it, he hadn’t met her mom and he would love to do it. Mi Young had been talking a lot her and that made him so eager to meet and thank the woman who brought the girl he love the most in this world. He knew she was nothing like Ji Won for Mi Young love her so much.

“You miss your Omma?” He unconsciously asked, thinking of his own.

Mi Young just nodded as she buried herself into Jae’s hug. It had been so long since she talked to her Omma and she was badly missing her. “Jae.” She suddenly asked, curious about something.

“Where’s you Omma?”

Jaejoong was slightly taken aback and heaved a heavy breath upon hearing the word ‘Omma’. No one asked him about her since everyone knew where she was and what happened. And now Mi young suddenly asked him. It was such an uncomfortable topic for him since they still couldn’t find him. Methods were done and famous detectives were hired but no one succeeded. They just allowed the case to rest but no one really gave up. He and Rei Mi were still hoping that one day their beloved Omma will appear at their doorstep and start a brand new life.

“I don’t know.” He looked up, avoiding her questioning stares.

“Eh?”

“Mi Young…” She noticed his even breathing so she knew that he doesn’t want to talk about her so she decided to dismiss it.

“Okay. If that’s what you want, I won’t force you.” But Jaejoong was more than willing to share a part of his history. He knew that it was just right to let her know about his family and his Omma.

“She left when I was seven. Mimi was barely five that time.”

“Jae… its okay if you’re….” But Jaejoong hushed her and put his thumb on her lips. “It’s okay.”

“Appa was hard on her so she decided to run away. She took Mimi with her. I was left with my Appa, waiting for them to return. Mimi did after 14 years but Omma didn’t.”

“Jae…” Mi Young suddenly hugged her tight, consoling him about the feeling he learned to live with. He was well adapted but the pain was still the same.  He knew his Appa was guilty and asked for forgiveness but still, growing up without her was just too much and painful. “You don’t really need to tell me this. I don’t want you to feel the pain bought by your Omma’s disappearance.”

“No, I told you its okay. I’m telling you this so that when you meet her one day, you’ll know.” He whispered, tucking some loose strands behind her ear. “She’s a great Omma. She used to cook for us and played with us. She had a huge garden beside our house back then. Appa made it for her. Mimi and I loved to play there because there were so many flowers and plants.”

Mi Young smiled. She hated to see that fragile look Jae was showing but she knew that it will help him lighten the burden inside him. She couldn’t do anything but to be good listener as he unloaded his heart.

“Everytime we perform and every place we visit, my eyes keep on roaming, looking at every face at our audience, hoping that she will somehow watch me but it was always a failure. Honestly, I don’t know if she’s still alive but a part of me is hoping that she is. I will do anything just to find her. We did everything but somehow, fate was never on our side.”

“I would love to meet her too.”

He smiled. “Not only for us. I also want Mimi and Yoomi to meet her. I want them to experience the kind of love she gave me.”

“I’m sure she also wants to meet them.”

“How about you?” He finally had the chance to throw the question back to her. “Tell me about your Omma.”

“Omma?” Mi Young smiled. She definitely loved talking about her. She never failed to make her smile. “She’s in Jeju and like your Omma, she also loves plants. But since we live near the sea, she wasn’t given the chance to have her own garden. Appa was never good to her but still, she never grew tired of us. Even Unnie wasn’t so good at her.” That statement wasn’t a surprise for Jaejoong.

“She was actually one of the reasons why I decided to leave Jeju to work here.” He frowned at her choice of words but he let her continue anyway. “She told me to find someone and give something to him.”

That made Jaejoong remembered what Changmin had told him before. It was about Mi Young visiting their old house. “Changmin told me about your mission. Would you like me to help you?”

Her eyes suddenly sparkled in excitement. “Seriously? But… but you’re busy.” She pouted.

“It will be over soon.”

“Oh I would love that!”

He smiled but Jaejoong wasn’t prepared for anything.

 

 

 

 

 

“What is happening to you?” Jaemi fanned the very pale Mi Young who was resting on the couch with her hand over her forehead. Her vision was so blurred and the world was spinning. “You look so sick.”

“I can't sleep last night.” She answered. “I guess I’m too excited for the concert.”

“Oh yeah me too.” Jaemi smiled. “Mr. Kang will pick us up later so you really have to rest. Do you want some food?”

“No, I think I’ll just stay here. And please don’t tell anyone about this especially Jae.”

“But you’ve been like this for a while now. You study too hard and you keep pushing yourself to the limit.” Yunho’s girl said wearily. “You should take a rest you know.”

“Exams are coming. I will after they’re over.”

Jaemi finally took the subject to rest and prepared herself for the concert. As usual, the venue was jam-packed. And on those times, Jaemi and Mi Young were so thankful that they didn’t have to wait in line. They went straight inside and meet the guys before they start the much awaited concert.

 

 

“Fighting!” Mi Young smiled and hugged Jae, giving her support. But the guy was thinking of another thing. He gently pulled himself from her arms and kissed her lips, shocking everyone inside that dressing room including Mi Young.

“Now that’s a great way to show your support.” He smiled upon seeing her reaction.

“You are so naughty.” She laughed. She loved it too and it made her heart fluttered and sing inside her chest. “I’m watching so you have to do well.”

“I will.”

“Mermaid.” They heard Junsu squealed. “What?!” Saki answered, a little annoyed of his attitude.

“Can you kiss me like that too?”

“In your dreams.”

But the PD came to call them even before the dolphin could react. So instead, he gave her a cute pout before heading to the stage where thousands of screaming Cassies were waiting for them. The other guys did the same as Jaejoong except for Changmin who chose to shake his head with a mixture of loneliness and disgust.

 

And the much anticipated concert of the year started and the stage literally roared and the four ladies where on the front row of the venue, on their feet and waving their red light sticks.

It was an experience that Mi Young will never forget. She was in front and thousands of Cassies were screaming for DBSK, screaming for Jaejoong, the love of her life. The sound of their voices made her heart beat erratically and she was never clamed down. Every song and every performance of that concert was simple breath taking. The ladies beside her were also amazed by how wonderful it turned out to be.

The guys finally danced and sang on stage after so many months of hiatus and they felt free. They knew that it was their best performance yet and they all could feel the intensity of every movement and genuineness of every lyric. It was a success and everyone was so proud.

And then it came to the last song. The guys were given a minute of speech before they started singing and as expected, everyone was all ears including Rei, Saki, Jaemi and Mi Young.

“First,” the leader started. “It was a hard months for us. Not being able to do what we love and born to do was just too horrifying and the thought of not being able to perform for all of you again just scared us. But during those months, you never left our side. And what touched us most was when you accepted us and continued to love us in spite of everything that had happened. We are more than happy and proud.” He then looked at s and nodded before he continued. It was the moment they’ve all been waiting for. “Thank you for accepting my Jaemi.” He smiled.

“Hyung, we got it. Jaemi is yours alone.” Junsu snapped and the audience squealed. “Yah!!! Thank you for allowing Sakura to have me!”

“Oh damn great.” Saki hissed from the audience. “How can he embarrass me just like that? This is an ultimate humiliation.”

“That’s Junsu Oppa, no doubt.” Mi Young and Jaemi agreed on Rei.

The guys just laughed at Junsu’s wackiness. Then it was Yoochun’s turn.

“My Princess and my daughter are in the audience right now. Thank you for accepting them. Thank you for welcoming my happiness. How can I thank you enough?”

Then it was Jaejoong’s turn. Everyone listened and Mi Young heart skipped a beat as she nervously waited for him to speak.

“I am so happy right now that I could not ask for more. I love you Mi Young.”

The audience cheered and awed at his confession. “You have no choice but to stay with me forever. Get it? Cassiopeia! Don’t let Mi Young leave me side okay?”

“Neh!!!” the audience answered and Jaejoong gave them his best smile ever.

“This last song is for the ladies who showed us the meaning of love.” Yunho said.

“And as for me who is still single and loving every moment of it,” Changmin joked and set the whole venue into crazy screams. “...this song is for every Cassiopeia who loves me.” And gave his one eyed smile.

And the song was finally played. The five guys gave all their best for that last performance. Everyone knew they were singing it for the special persons in their life and they were finally singing it freely and without any fear.

 The four ladies on the audience were all in tears while watching them. The song was really meant for them and it was really moving and the love exuding from DBSK was truly and remarkably breathe taking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Thank you for coming with me.” Mi Young hopped in front of Jaejoong as they walk their way to a very special place. It was the day were Mi Young decided to continue her mission given to her by her Omma and having Jaejoong with her brought new excitement.

Jaejoong one the other hand was a little skeptical about it. The way to the house he was talking about was way too familiar for him and by the time they were almost there, he was literally dragging his feet just for them to move. He didn’t like the feeling he was having. That place reminded him of bad past and horrible experiences. But he didn’t have the heart to let Mi Young down so he forced himself to brush the feelings off and took a deep breath as they reached the destination. Changmin was right. It was their old mansion. He wasn't preapred and wil never be.

 

house.jpg

 

“Mi Young… what are we doing here?” he gasped at the sight of the old abandoned house.

“It seems like no one is home.”

“No one lives here now. It’s abandoned.” He frowned, ignoring the disappointment given off by Mi Young.

“That’s what Changmin told me before. But where are the people who lived here? I really need to talk to at least one of them.” She said like she was about to cry.

“Why…?” Jaejoong was slowly losing the strength of his legs. Words barely came out of his lips. The cold wind wasn’t a help at all. He suddenly felt fear that he never felt before and that feeling wanted him to scream and run away from that place and never to return again.

“Omma’s son lives here.”

 

 

 

********************************************************

Hi there ^^ sorry for the late update and short chapter.  More drama to come.^^

 

 

Welcome to my new subscribers. ^^ I hope you enjoy reading this… Don’t forget to leave some comments alright? Thank you ^^

 

Another character will be introduced soon. Don’t worry.  That character is not a girl. ^^

Comments, suggestions and violent reactions are loved. ^^

Replies will be on the next chappy.

 

aejae22

BY FATE

 

tumblr_ll056k5Qg11qakwv3o1_500.gif