first storm

BY FATE

 

199375_1600477972948_1266006545_31246768

 

He sat in front of the glass window. It was indeed a sunny day but for him, it felt like raining. It was almost lunch time and she already heard Saki calling for food but moving felt like the hardest thing to do that time. It had been a week. A week since he came back from Jeju.

A week since he came back home to Seoul without Mi Young.

He wondered how long he sat in front that glass panel looking outside as the sun shone brightly. His pail skin shone into the light making him paler than usual. With eyes swollen, shallow cheeks and unshaved face, he smiled bitterly. So sullenly that it hurt too much. Jaejoong turned into something weird and unrecognizable after his return from the small island, unrecognizable literally and figuratively.

There no more reason to live. One truth made his word collapse and shattered his heart into pieces. He never wanted to experience such thing but fate was giving him what he didn’t ask for. It was truly heavy and distressing and it was slowly taking its toll on him without anyone noticing, even himself.

“Oppa, Come on let’s eat. You need to come down. Changmin Oppa and Mimi will be here any minute.” He heard Saki plead over behind the door. It was turned into a routine. Saki always had to beg every time she wanted her brother to eat or at least clean himself.  It was always a struggle.

He didn’t answer nor made a sound. He just let her begged continuously. She will eventually give up like just what she did that morning. But that time, he was wrong. A loud bang snapped his door open, almost separating it from the frame. He didn’t bulge or anything. It was like he was expecting it to happen.

Changmin entered the room with a red face, red from anger and rage and to Jaejoong’s judgment, it was way beyond it.  The maknae of DBSK was smoking with fury. Rei Mi followed him behind. The lady also had swollen eyes, swollen from too much crying but there was something in his eyes that made Jae cringed, determination, something that he lost.

 

188449_1600476012899_1266006545_31246759

 

 

He raised his head and gave a painful smile. He knew Changmin wasn’t amused at all. Instead, the tall guy forcedly grabbed his collar and lifted him from the floor he was slumped into. The movement didn’t make him cringed or anything. In a way, he seemed to like it. Changmin will surely hit him and make him feel pain. The thought somehow made him feel okay. He had been waiting for it.

“You left her!” Changmin started with Jaejoong’s frail body swung hopelessly on his hand. Their face was one an inch away and the maknae didn’t like what he saw a bit. “What is happening to you? Huh?” Rei and you won’t tell us anything!” he yield and literally threw him on the wall. Yunho and Yoochun who were behind them swore they heard something cracked. Jaejoong’s back will surely suffer after that hit. Rei and Saki just cried silently, unable to do anything to help their brother.

“What are you doing? Aren’t you gonna hit me back huh?” Knowing Jaejoong, Changmin was slightly taken aback with his Hyung’s calmness and that made his fury rise. His fist landed to his right cheek making bleed in an instant. “Mi Young called me this morning and told me you left her, without intention of coming back. What are you thinking? You love her!” He yelled. The former rival was telling and reminding his past foe about the feeling he didn’t want him to feel in the past. “She’s crying. How can you stay here and ignore her!”

“Changmin!” Yunho tried to stop the maknae but it was no use. All then can do was yell and stopping Changmin with using their own body was not a good idea. They knew better than to stop the raging guy.

“You know we will help right? You know we will help you! Everyone knows Ji won is not to be trusted and yet you entrusted Mi Young tot her! I will not forgive for it!” And another punch was released, shoving the weak guy on the couch. Jaejoong’s face was still emotionless. No signed to pain or ache was seen. He released punches into his Hyung’s face and all over his body. Everyone lost count but no one utter anything. They were glued to their place, unable even lift their finger.

Then silence took over. Changmin was trying to calm himself while looking at the broken Jaejoong on the floor. Blood was all over his face and on the carpet but still, the eldest DBSK didn’t made any sound or movement.

“Hyung…” Changmin’s voice leveled down a bit but the anger was still there.  “Tell us what happened… You’ve been avoiding us for so long and you don’t want to talk to you sisters. You left Mi Young in Jeju without telling us why. Hyung, she’s our friend to and I think we have all the right to know what happened.

But Jaejoong just stared at him, challenging him for another round of beating which Changmin gladly gave until Jaejoong’s body couldn’t hold it any longer. But the worst part was he remained conscious.  Changmin was holding his collar once again as he kneeling on the floor. He was badly beaten and Changmin was exhausted.

“W-why did you…. You stop…?” Jaejoong finally mumbled, making every person into room astounded. Something was truly wrong and Jaejoong’s response to the beating was really a big surprise to them all. He wanted to be hurt and he got it… and it seemed like it wasn’t enough. “P-please… don’t… don’t stop.” He pleaded as he grabbed Changmin’s collar, leaving the latter dumbfounded.

“Hyung…” he forcedly removed Jaejoong’s hand away from him. He saw something and it somehow made an astounding effect on him. His anger left him instantly and looked his Hyung’s almost lifeless body into the warmth of his embrace. “Hyung…” his eyes widened. He failed to see it coming. He failed to notice his pain. Jaejoong was good on hiding it and he fooled everyone with it.

“Why did you stop?” Jaejoong let go of a barely audible whisper but it reached everyone’s ears. “Y-you want to help me right? Don’t… don’t stop…” he said as blood spurted out of his mouth at the same time.

“Hyung...” Changmin said with much gentleness, shaking his head in the process. “Come one… hit me… help me cover the pain…” suddenly they heard him sobbed. Jaejoong sobbed as he buried his face on Changmin’s chest as he clutched his bloody hands on his shirt tightly. And before the know it, he fell asleep or simply slipping out of consciousness.

 

A week before.

“Are you really sure you want to come with me?” Mi Young happily brushed her nose into his.

“Of course.” Jaejoong almost choke. He knew something was about to happen so he pretended to be brave even though the suspense was killing him. He also secretly contacted Mimi to follow them that day, alone. What he discovered the day he went with MI Young to their ole mansion made him lost his sleep for quite sometime. His performance on stage wasn’t 100% like before and in order for it to stop he needed confirmation. He needed the truth. Cliché as it may sound; the truth will set them free.

It was along flight to Jeju and once they landed, Jaejoong felt the uneasiness of the air. The place was telling him something and it making him hard to breathe.

Mi Young yanked his arm as she eagerly guided him into a small ship to reach the island. She was enjoying every bit of that trip, totally forgetting her sister. Jaejoong was with her so she had all the reason in the world to be happy.

“I’m so excited to see Umma again. I will introduce you to her.” She smiled as they sailed across the sea.

He smiled nervously and silently praying that all the thought inside his head was wrong. He wanted to meet Mi Young’s Umma and praying that she was not the woman he knew very well. But if that happened, he knew he would be devastated. The mere thought of it was leaving him breathless but he couldn’t just brush the thought away especially that they were nearing the island.

 

“Unnie!” Mi Young knocked three times as she called her sister. Jaejoong couldn’t believe that his girlfriend can be this excited to see her evil sister but she was her sister after all so he held his mouth.

The door was open and a frowning Ji Won was shown. But that frown immediately disappeared and turned into a smile when she saw Jaejoong.

“Oh my gosh. I think my eyes are playing on me. Is that really you?” She was about to touch his face but Mi Young was forever ready. She immediately pulled him away and clutched her arms around his protectively, leaving her sister growling secretly.

Jaejoong smiled at Mi Young. She really changed a lot and she finally learned how to mark her territory. He secretly thought of thanking Jaemi for influencing her to be that way.

“Come in. “She hissed, totally pissed with what her sister just did.

The two did what she said and Jaejoong took the chance of scanning the area. There were a few DBSK posters on the wall. The living room was not that spacious but homey. His framed picture on the table beside a black couch seriously sent goose bumps all over his body. It was his first time there so seeing a picture of himself displayed at the living room nearly freaked him out. He knew that Mi Young had nothing to do with it. Ji Won was Cassiopeia and that wasn’t so secret anymore.

“Unnie, we will visit Umma. I want her to meet Jaejoong.” Mi Young calmly told her sister, as if asking her permission.

“You really are crazy…” was Ji Won’s reply. She then faced the only guy and gave him a concerned look. “My sister had lost her mind a long time ago and this idea is totally freaked out. I can’t believe you really came here just to meet Umma.”

“I want to meet the mother of my girlfriend and I think that’s just the right thing to do.” Jaejoong answered as calmly as possible. Ji Won called Mi Young crazy and he just can’t let that go but he did, because he wasn’t in his territory and he had to show some respect.

Ji Won gave her sarcastic smile. “I hate to say this but I think you’re turning into one too. I guess that’s what you get from hanging out with that brainless girl for so long.”

Jae clenched his jaw and tightened his fist. He didn’t like the tone of her voice but then again, he tried his best to stay calm.

“Jae let’s go.” He heard Mi Young said and silently thanked the heaven for that wonderful timing.

“Just done blame me in the end. I warned you.” They heard Ji Won said as they went out.

 

They walked for about half kilometers before they reached a hill. But before they went any further, Jae received a phone call. It was Rei and she told him that she was already at the Jeju and on her way to Mi Young’s address. The latter was clueless about it and it was the only time that Jae told her about her plan but not everything of course. He wasn’t so sure yet.

“Rei will be here?” She asked and he just answered her with a sweet smile and a tight hug.

They reached the hill and Jaejoong’s insides began to rumble. And his feet lost their ability to go any further. He swallowed hard, trying to prepare himself with all the possibilities that will come his way upon meeting Mi Young’s mother.

Despite all the nervousness he was experiencing and negative thoughts inside his brain, he got the chance to practice his speech. He had to make a good impression no matter what. He believed that Mi Young’s mom deserved all the respect she could possibly get especially from him.

“We’re here.” Mi Young announced and Jaejoong’s brows furrowed as he looked around for any living thing.

But all he saw was a tomb.

And as they got nearer, his heart pumped more blood than normal. And like in movies, in slow motion, he read the name engraved on grave.

 

And his world collapsed.

 

Back to the present.

“Oppa, will he be okay?” Rei Mi nervously asked Changmin while he was tending Jaejoong’s wound. They were inside the latter’s room and the others were outside waiting.

 He looked at her first before nodding. He saw how awful Rei looked. Her hair was not as neat as it used to be and her eyes were badly swollen due to lack of sleep and crying. He didn’t have a clue of what was happening with the siblings but he knew he will find out soon.

“I was a bit hard but I know this guy can take it.” He said as he recalled what he saw before Jae lost his consciousness. His eyes were so blank and he looked like he lost his drive to live. He maybe the maknae and known for his evil ways but he couldn’t take what he saw and felt for granted. It was the second time he saw Jaejoong that way. The first was when Rei left him before and now; his Hyung was doing the same things over again, only worse than before.

“I’m glad.” Rei smiled before she lifted herself and walked away from the two guys but Changmin stopped her. He knew that smile was a fake one and he could feel the burden that was making the lady in front of him suffer.

“You know you can trust me right?” he said and that made Rei stopped and sat on the foot of the bed, her back facing the two. She didn’t talk but tears flowed and Changmin could hear her silent and heavy sobs coming from her. It was a scene he didn’t want to see but he wanted to know the truth so he can help, so he had to endure it.

“Oppa…” she cried.

“Rei… help me help you.” He stopped what he was doing and sat beside her, pulling her into his side and squeezing shoulder in assurance. He heard her breathe hard.

“I’m not a real Kim.”

 

 

 

 

“Kim Eun Mi.” He read with teary eyes and shaking hands. That name was familiar… too familiar that it hurts. How can he forget that name? His mind was telling him not to believe easily but his hear was telling him otherwise. He knew that name all his life and his heart was acknowledging it, overpowering his brain. His breathe hitched and his actions got Mi Young’s attention.

“Jae? Are you okay?” The concern was clearly visible but Jaejoong could even utter a single syllable. He was too shock to think clearly. His biggest fear was coming after him and he got nowhere to run or hide.

“Omma…” Mi Young then talk to the tomb like it was alive. “Meet Kim Jaejoong, I love him Omma and he loves me too. We’re together and I would like you to meet him.” Her words were too convincing. Anyone who will hear her would surely think she was talking to someone breathing and that what hurt Jaejoong the most.

Two bullets shot him and it hit him bull’s eye. Trying to stop his tears from falling, he turned away. He needed confirmation because he will not accept the truth fate was bragging in front of him.

Kim Eun Mi.

Kim Eun Mi was still alive.

He believed it was the wrong person.

Kim Eun Mi was not Mi Young’s mother.

She was his mother and Mi Young was not his sister.

But he knew he was only fooling himself.

 

 

*********************************

Halloooo… sorry for the late update. ^^

This is just the first part of the drama. I decided to cut this chapter into two. Reason? I want to tease you. ^^ (insert evil laugh here) Next part will be posted tomorrow. And I will start editing my previous fics… ^^

Sorry for making you wait. My country was visited by two storms (or three I think) and our house was flooded. My room was all wet and my class cards were drenched. I was so scared and the worst part was I can’t move that quickly because my leg was casted because I fell from a stair.>< It took us a very long time to clean the house. Gladly all my KPOP merch were all safe… (haha they were I first ones I saved ^^)

So here I am…. With an update… I hope you’ll like it. I am so glad that no one dumped me. Thank you very much and enjoy. Feel free to throw all you rantings and violent reactions. I’ll gladly accept them. ^^

 

And oh by the way…. This chapter is unedited (again). Because my editor just got married with some popular kpop star and she’s currently enjoying her honeymoon on an island somewhere.

@mieyLa hi there^^ I hope I reach you expectation. I was really worried while writing this. More to come as in more. This is just the first part.

@xtinamaria gazillion tears? Woah.. that’s a lot. ^^ enjoy this chapter ^^

@mydream_jae Kiyomi is such an angel right? But not Ji Won… I can assure you that^^

@Alzina hi chinggu.. ^^ my readers are so smart TT^TT. They knew the fic was heading this way. But I’m prepared. I got lots of twist under my sleeve and since it will end soon, I will make Jae go down to his knees… I’m actually thinking of a sad ending (joke). I still want to live. Tweet me if you have time ^^

@HurricaneVenusx3 A misunderstanding? Hmmm maybe.. but is cant promise not to be cruel to them… you know me… im a bad girl ^^

@koreankendi Ommo Mrs. Jung pasensya na… kailangan eh.. pahihirapan ko muna si Jae dito.. babawi nalang ako kay Yunho ^^

@liL_bBy_G you screamed? (yay! I can finally make someone scream ) Yeah.. Jae and MiYoung’s Omma.. so harsh.. I really pity those two… ^^

@ChiNGlUVSU yeah… ? Nope ^^

 

tweet me ^^

 

comments, suggestions and violent reactions are welcomed ^^

aejae22

BY FATE