who to blame?

BY FATE

 

Yoochun was dumbfounded. He opened the door and Mi Young was standing right in front of him with tear-stained face.

Did he regret opening that door? Yes and no. Yes because he couldn’t bear to see the girl in devastated form. She was just a victim of his brothers’ uncontrolled love. And no because despite of all the heartaches and no matter how the awful the situation might get, she deserves to know the truth.

He opened the door widely so she could enter but the girl didn’t take any step. She was staring both at Jaejoong and Changmin and the guys could tell that she was far from being happy.

Jaejoong looked down, obviously guilty which everyone found quite unusual. Changmin was also taken aback but the first one to recover.

“Mi Young.” He whispered. The confidence was still there but it was mixed with anxiousness because her eyes said it all.

She was angry, like a sleeping volcano ready to erupt any moment.

“Come in.” Yoochun gently guided her in, closed the door and locked it. He can smell drama coming and letting everyone know about it was the last thing on his mind.

Mi Young obeyed, taking small steps forward or rather dragging her feet into the room. She still couldn’t believe everything she heard. She wanted the truth so she thought that it was just right to give the explanation she needed before her chest erupts.

She looked at Jaejoong but he avoided her eyes and that made her want to slap him for being a coward. She thought he was feeling the same towards her. Changmin, on the other hand was offering the explanation she was looking for but her heart was whispering that she wanted to hear it from Jaejoong.

“Mi Young, whatever you heard it-“

“I heard everything.” She cut Changmin off.

The maknae sighed heavily. He knew what was coming and Mi Young was mad so he had to explain everything to her in a very nice way. He had to choose his words wisely. But is there even a way on how to explain it to a girl? Explain why you played on her feelings?

“How dare you.” She was looking at the floor; she didn’t want to look at any of them. She felt helpless. Was that really the way they look at her? Were they thinking that she was an easy target since she was gullible and stupid?

Changmin held her shoulder and tried to capture her eyes but to his dismay, she looked away. It wasn’t the reaction he was looking for but still, he took his chance. "You will be working for us after your contract. We will be together.” He smiled. It wasn’t really the proper way an employer should welcome his employee but everyone in the room knew that Mi Young was a special case, an exception to the rule.

She didn’t open to speak nor move her head so Changmin took that as a yes and pulled her into a tight hug.

Jaejoong’s heart broke instantly. His fear was happening right in front of his eyes. Mi Young was in Changmin’s arm and she seemed very okay with it.

Was he wrong to assume that she had feelings for him too? But he was so sure that he heard her wished to be with him forever or maybe his ears were only playing on him? Confusion took over his body. He can’t even understand why he managed to stand despite everything. Will he survive that heart shattering episode of his life? He wasn’t sure. His mind was blank at the moment and refused to think of anything. His eyes were locked at them, causing more pain. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe Mi Young was really in love with Changmin. Was it really the time to accept her decision? He thought he was the sure winner but he was wrong. He felt nothing but a sore loser.

“Do you want me to decide now?” Mi Young’s whisper was barely audible but surprisingly, everyone heard her clearly.

Changmin let her go and finally, their eyes met.

“M…Mi Young.”

“You don't need to waste your time on me because I’m ready to give my decision now.”

The maknae smiled. He could almost smell victory. It was within reach.

“Jaejoong –sshi was right. Playing with my feeling is the worst thing a person did to me. Bing a superstar doesn’t give you the right to play with my heart.” Determined to end everything, she fought her tears and tried hard to speak.

 

 

 

“I love Jaejoong.” It was clearly a statement with so much conviction.

Changmin's smiled disappeared in an instant.

Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu knew that moment will soon happen and it did but earlier and more drastic than expected.

It was predicted. Only one will remain standing and  it was clear as the sky who it was. Mi Young chose Jaejoong … or maybe not.

“But that doesn’t mean that I’m choosing him.”

Another fiery statement. Who would have thought that the simply girl from Jeju can break two hearts at the same time?

“I will not choose you either.”

Changmin’s eyes started to get red and the three older guys were alarmed. When was the last time they saw the maknae cry? They can’t even remember when it was because Changmin never cry. He was a strong man until that day.

“You said you are my friend, the first friend I ever had. But you gave me away. Am I really the useless to you?”

“I…I’m s-sorry…I… I…” finally he broke down in front of the seemed unaffected Mi Young. The sudden news numbed her senses including her heart to even show pity or anything.

 

bestalbumsy14.gif

 

“It’s enough. The contract is over.” She eyes Jaejoong with so much hatred before storming out of that room, trying to fight the urge to cry and create a scene.

Jaejoong followed after her words sink in but the girl was fast enough to get in the elevator even before he could reach her.

“Ah!” he yelled in desperation and kicked the nearby trash making all its content flying across the hallway. He can’t blame anyone at the moment. It was clearly their fault and they will lose Mi Young. But at least Jaejoong knew that she was in love with him and Changmin was trashed out. A piece of his heart was celebrating but as a whole, it was mourning.

 

“Saki!” he yelled when Sakura finally answered after the third ring.

“Oppa what is happening?” She started to worry. Her brother’s voice was shaking for pete’s sake.

“Don't let Mi young leave the house. Don't allow her to get out. You have to wait for me. Lease don't let her go.” He said without breathing. It was a desperate plea, afraid that she might really leave. He would never let his love go, never again.

“Oppa I’m in school right now.” She replied, unhappy to tell him the news. “And please can you tell me what happened?”

“She already know about the…the bet.” He lowered his tone for the last word. Was it really a bet? It was such a shame.

“It’s not a bet!” she yelled, sensing the sadness and guilt. “It’s not.”

“Whatever it is, Mi Young is not happy. She ended the contract and I think she’s heading home… in Jeju. Saki, help me to do something I can’t just let her go.”

“Of course not Oppa.” She gasped. Mi Young can’t go home. She will not allow it. “Okay, I will try to do something so calm yourself. She’s not going anywhere but you also have to hurry.”

It was a temporary ray of hope but he will gamble on it. He immediately went back to the room to get his keys and saw Changmin being consoled by Yoochun and Junsu while Yunho was talking to his phone.

bestalbumsy11.jpg

 

Changmin’s broken expression somewhat tore his heart apart more. Can he blame the maknae in that situation? There were both shattered but Changmin’s weak side made him want to hug his friend and comfort him too like he used to. But was it the right thing to do? Will Changmin face him as a brother or as a foe? He wasn’t sure but when he decided to come to his side, Yunho stepped in and grabbed his arm then shook his head. He was still on his phone but he read what was playing inside Jaejoong’s head.

It wasn’t the right time.

 

 

 

Saki immediately contacted Rei Mi, who was just a few blocks away and told her to stop Mi Young from going anywhere. Mrs. Park understood and obeyed without any questions so when Mi Young reached the house, she was already there.

The maid gently bowed before she headed to her room but Rei stopped her.

“I know what happened.” She started and swore she saw her expression changed. Her miserable eyes suddenly went suspicious. Perhaps she had assumed that Rei was an accomplice since she’s Jaejoong’s sister after all. Mi Young wasn’t aware that she nearly strangle her brother to death just to stop that stupidity and his relationship with Saki was put to a test just for him to wake up. But who can blame her? She was surely confused and didn’t know who to trust anymore. She was the sole victim.

“ I’m sorry.”

“No.” Mi Young looked down. It’s as if she saw something interest on her worn out flats. “You have nothing to do with this. I’m the one who suppose to apologize since I caused too much trouble.”

Rei was wrong. Mi Young didn’t assumed nor accused her of anything. Confusion was filing her head that time but it was broad enough not to include everyone with what happened.

She pulled the maid into a tight hug which startled her. It was the first time someone hugged her that tight aside form her Omma. It was soothing, comfortable and … familiar. It was like the hugs her Omma used to give her. It was too warm that she hugged back and poured out her heavy heart. How can a girl with the same age as her can give so much comfort? She felt good and calm.

 

“Can you tell me everything?” Rei said without letting her go. She knew she needed it and she was glad that Mi Young hugged back.

“I love Jaejoong.” She sniffed.

“I know.”

“Bu it didn’t choose him.”

“Why?”

“I don't want to ruin their friendship. I also love Changmin but… only as a friend. An Oppa. I’m sorry.” She said for countless of times and Rei pulled away and looked at her intently, reading her thoughts.

“You don't have to say sorry. It’s what you feel so nothing to feel sorry for.”

“I should get going now.” She smiled weakly and headed back to her room. The moment the door closed, she let her tears flowed freely. No one told her that it hurts badly. She was in pain but she had to do it. Aside from the fact that the friendship and the bond between Jaejoong and Changmin was too precious to be destroyed by some unknown girl, she knew that the man she loves has a girlfriend. He’s not free anymore and Naomi was so kind to her so she  didnt have the heart to betray her. At least that’s what her mind was telling her to do. But what about her heart, the heart that felt the enchantment of love for the first time? It was telling her not to. The heart wanted her to hold on and stand firm but how will she do it if there were so many people involved. One decision can turned the lives of the people she cared for around. She never felt so obligated before. She just wanted to be happy but she won’t take risks. She wasn’t strong enough.

So after wiping her tears, she took a very deep breath and pulled her suitcase under her bed and started to pack her things. She wasn’t expecting that it will come earlier that she thought but never the less, she accepted her faith even it was miserably painful. She broke the last and most important rule Mr. Lee gave to her. She can clearly recall his words…

‘Mi Young, never fall for your boss. Don't even think about falling in love. Don't fall for Kim Jaejoong.’

 

Damn it.

It was the hardest rule ever.

 

 

She was half though when Jaejoong slammed the door open. He was panting like he did a marathon. Mi Young looked at him and smiled weakly.

“Thank you. Please give me more time to pack my things before I go. It was a pleasure wor-“But Jaejoong didn’t let her finish, he pulled her into a very tight hug and buried his face into her neck, snipping her scent.

“J-Jaejoong.” She whispered, still surprised.

“I love you too.” He whispered back and her body felt limp. He said it and every word were felt like electricity jolting through her veins, making them alive and her heart beats fast. “Don’t go. Please choose me.” He begged, tightening his hug more, making her hard to breathe but she didn’t complain. In fact, she wanted to stay forever that way.

For a moment she forgot about Changmin and Naomi. She just wanted to feel love. It wasn’t wrong to think about yourself even just for once right? Jaejoong’s words made her ecstatic and scared at the same time. His warm body pressing against her was heaven and she didn’t want to let go.

“But… Changmin…”

“You said you love me.” Jaejoong lost his count on how many times he pleaded that day but he didn’t care. He will do it over and over again just to make her stay. Even if he had to knee, he will gladly do it.

“I…cant… stay.”

Jaejoong pulled back and looked at her, caressing her small face with his shaking hands. A lovely place was tainted with tears, tears that were caused by him.

 

 

“Why? Is it because of Changmin? If you love me then why don't you stay? I want you to stay. I need you.”

“Jae…” It was really hard to say goodbye to a person you learned how to love and became a part of your life. It felt like a piece of your heart was taken away from you. Mi Young lost Changmin but she gained Jaejoong but she had to voice out what was going inside her head for she was the only one who can end that war between the two. “What we did was wrong but can you give us another chance? Can’t you give me a chance?”

“ I can't work here anymore. What do you think others might say? Changmin is your friend."

“And so are you.” There was no holding back. Jaejoong was more determined than ever to make her stay.

“He’s been with you longer. I don't want to ruin your friendship. I can just go back to Je-" And again, Jaejoong stopped her but not with a hug but a kiss. Again, his lips touched her small and soft lips. Mi Young was too shock to even respond. Jaejoong gently cupped her face as he deepened the kiss, gentle and sweet, passionate but not invading.  He once again brought her to heaven.

 

Jaejoong couldn’t take it any longer. She loves him but she was refusing to stay and her words were like knife cutting though his heart. She was thinking about Changmin and their friendship but he love her for crying out loud. He was sure Changmin will get through it but not him. One heart break almost shattered his world, if another follows it will surely be torn apart and that he can’t take. Mi Young brought another meaning to his life. She let him see things differently. His life was basically revolving around her now. He was ready to forget the past that broke his heart. With Mi Young, he knew that there was a brighter road ahead of him.
 He will not let her go. Not now. Not ever.

And the kiss, why kissing her felt familiar…? He dreamt of kissing those cherry lips. Was it some kind of déjà vu?  But whatever it was, he knew that won’t be the last kiss they will share.

 

Both were out of breath when they pulled apart.

“Jaejoong.” Mi Young panted, staring at him, wide eyes.

“Your lips told me you want to stay.”

“I…cant…” She looked away but Jaejoong cupped her face again and their eyes locked.

“Look at me. Look at me and tell me that you don't love me. If you can say then I will let you go even if it kills me. Say it and I will do it.”

Mi Young swallowed, hard. Can she lie? Jaejoong’s eyes were at her, reading her soul so how can she possibly lie? It was a complete failure. She can’t do it and Jaejoong’s smile slowly appeared.

“Thank you.” he whispered and pulled her back into his arms.

“What about-“

“Shhh… cant we think of our selves just this minute? I want you to think of me and only me, just this minute.”

“But…”

“Be quiet and hug me back.” Jaejoong commanded.

And Mi Young was left with no choice. Not that she’s complaining.

 

 

**********************************************************

 

 

 

Please tell me what you think about this chapter…

I really need your honest opinion. Thank you ^^

@mieyLa im so sorry… this chapter is full of mushiness… expect more to come.

@ HurricaneVenusx3 and she made her choice. Oh yeah… She’s coming back… why now? Why not stay in the states right? Lol

@ Alzina your comments is still long even if your tired… im not complaining though. I love it. Chingu, rest is important, especially in our work. This fic can wait.  You have to rest first before commenting. I cant wait to write the next chapter. It will be revenge time for the sisters… well sort of.

I also cant wait for Jae’s new drama. Well, my hair is short already and I can’t take it back… But I will not do it again.. promise… I miss my hair.

Thank you for commenting.. love yah… ^^

@ candyandreas his first kiss is already taken… TT you want to see Jaejoong beg? I hope this chapter satisfy you chinggu… ^^

@ xtinamaria thank you very much.^^ Now you added more pressure… I will work harder promise.

@ lovkajaebling2 oh.. I love hanging… killing characters.. haha.. ask the other readersand they will tell you that im such a bad girl…. ^^

@ starrylove hi there. Well Mi Young was kinda forced… but who can resist Jaejoong? ^^

@ ChunNong12 yes my dear dongsaeng.. Naomi will soon return.. TT and I hope this chapter will make you happy… ^^

@ koreankendi well, Mi Young made her choice. Are you happy about it? Wow.. tragic ending…? I would definitely consider that… haha. Thank you my dear. ^^

 

I hope I miss no one…

 

Sorry if I cant update often but im trying my best. My chapters are getting longer and longer. Please support this fic… Thank you.

 

 

Comments, suggestions and violent reactions are loved!!!!

 

Keep them coming.

 

 

aejae22

BY FATE