the beginning of a battle... the statr of a war

BY FATE

 

 

 

 

It was almost 12:00 midnight and Mi Young was still up waiting for Jaejoong. He just took her home and after receiving a phone call, he went out again. She couldn’t sleep and there was a spurting nervousness inside her that told her not to stay in bed. She glanced at the wall clock for countless of times and stared at the door but still, no signs of Jaejoong. Saki wasn’t home that time because she had to do some paper works over a classmate’s house so Mi Young was practically alone. Jaejoong seemed okay when they left that morning. The food that she cooked for dinner was already cold. It was almost dawn and she was really nervous.

She was about to go to her room when she suddenly heard some footsteps on the front door. She knew instantly that it was Jaejoong so without even checking or waiting for him to knock, she quickly opened the door and she was greeted by a tipsy and drunk Jaejoong. He was too drunk to even hold himself up so she wondered how he got home. She looked outside and his car was nowhere to be found so she concluded that he took a taxi.

He was drunk. The last time she saw him on that state was when Kiyomi went to the States. He recovered and Mi Young saw the changes in him, well at least that what she thought. She felt a little sting. She still found it weird even though it wasn’t the first time her heart reacted that way. She thought that she was just afraid for him to be hurt again. But why would she feel that way?

She immediately put her thoughts aside and quickly helped the tipsy guy. She hung his arm over her neck and slowly walked him to the stairs. It was definitely a challenge for her since the stairs stared at her proudly.

“Ah yah...” her eyes narrowed. “What happened to this guy?” She talked to herself, panting and out of breath.

“M-Mi Young.” He said, barely audible.

“J-Jaejoong-sshi” she was kind of shocked and froze at her place when he lifted his head and looked at her straightly in the eyes. It felt like Jaejoong was reading her mind and capturing her soul.

He smile, the kind of smile that can make any woman swoon but Mi Young just looked away.

“Why?” she heard him say. “Why don't you look at me?” it was more of a plea.

“You are drunk.” She hissed but Jaejoong just chuckled and by her judgment, he just let go a hurtful chuckle.

“I am not.”

“Jaejoong-sshi.” But Jaejoong suddenly dragged and pinned her against the wall. It scared the hell out of her. Jaejoong’s face was so close to her that she could smell the mixture of alcohol and his perfume. It was an intoxicating scent that weakened her knees.

“Why?” he asked and she swore she saw his eyes glistened like he was about to shed a tear.

“J-Jaejoong…” was all she could whisper.

“Why now when you already took my heart?”

Those words… they were just whispers but they reached her ears like a rocket. They made her heart beat erratically. Butterflies suddenly flew inside her stomach like there was a feast.

“W-wh...” but before she could utter anything, Jaejoong took her lips into hostage.

 

 Jaejoong entered his room and threw a punch in the air while laughing soundlessly. It was like he won a lottery. But for him, nothing compare to the price he got. Who could tell that a simple trip to the supermarket could end up being the happiest day to his life since the arrival of his sister? Aside from some minor mistakes, he congratulated his self for a job well done. It was a perfect plan that was executed close to perfect. He dropped his body on the bed and closed his eyes with a huge smile on his face.

It was the start, a good start.

 

“Omo…” Mi Young pouted as her hands automatically placed them selves in her heart like they have life on their own. “What happened?” she asked herself as she slid her back on the door. Her heart was still beating rapidly and there was no way on stopping it.

“Omma… Jaejoong-sshi and I dated.” and closed her eyes tightly. “Omma… sorry, we were supposed to go to the supermarket but ended up eating out oh dear…”

She then looked at the dress on her hands. Jaejoong said she can have it. She was happy, extremely happy because she felt comfortable under that dress like it was made just for her.  But deep inside that her true happiness was caused by one guy.

“Omo.” was all she could say.

That night, she laid down her bed thinking back on the day she had. She was totally thankful to the girl that she thought ditched Jaejoong. It was really a day to remember. And that night, for the first time since she started working, she totally forgot her burdens, her sister, her Omma and even Changmin.

 

But inside the room beside Jaejoong’s, someone cannot calm herself down, something huge was bugging her and it was something that cannot be set aside. She quickly grabbed her phone and dialed a number, in a matter of seconds, someone answered.

“Mimi, we have a problem.”

 

 

The next morning…

 

“Emergency meeting!” Junsu’s high pitch voice ruled the airwaves in Jaejoong’s house. With him were the rest of the group and Jaejoong, who was having his breakfast literally jumped out of the sofa and chocked on his banana milk.

“What the…!” he yelled back after gaining his normal breathing. “Junsu if you want breakfast you don't need to tell the whole world about it!”

“Hyung! You have something to explain!” the four of them took their place and stared at him like he was some kind of a criminal.

“Jae, you're screwed, big time.” It was Yunho and Jae suddenly stiffened. The words came out from their leader so he believed that he was  really screwed, whatever it was.

He looked and studied the face of s. All of them have the same feelings on the thing they were about to say to Jaejoong but they showed it differently. Junsu was excited but there was fear in his eyes. Yoochun was cool but his sighs showed that something was wrong. Yunho’s eyes were calming and welcoming but he couldn’t hide that there was something wrong. Only Changmin, the maknae showed the emotion that would match the news. He was frowning big time and was about to erupt. His lips were mismatched and his eyes were narrowed.

“Will you please shut the hell up? What is wrong? You are freaking scaring me!”  He stood and slammed the newspaper he was holding on the dinning table. He totally lost his appetite.

Nobody spoke a single word. They all left it to Yunho. When it comes to Jaejoong, only Yunho can match Jaejoong’s flaming glory.

“We’ll get there just relax.” He said and signaled Changmin. The latter immediately nodded and went to tell Mi Young to stay in her room and not to get out until they say so. The girl was confused but she chose to obey and not to ask anything since Changmin assured her that everything was alright and the guys just need to have a private time.

When Changmin returned, Yoochun then placed an envelop in front of Jae. With slightly trembling hands, he carefully opened it and saw some pictures.

They were expecting some angry or surprised expression on Jae after seeing those pictures. They were taken during their lunch at the restaurant and their dukbokki sessions at the night market. Both of them were laughing at the pictures, obviously having fun. But the reaction they were waiting for was never given to them. Instead, a laughing and satisfied Jaejoong was thrown at their face. The tables were turned and e the reaction that they were looking for came from themselves.

“Yah hyung.” Yoochun squealed. “What’s with that laugh?”

“The pictures look good.” Jae answered while looking at them, secretly admiring the beauty of the girl he was with on those pictures. He had to take give to the photographer. He captured the right angle and the real beauty of Mi Young.

And that was it. His smile disappeared upon realizing that someone intruded their date and even dared to take pictures. He told the manager of the restaurant not to let any media to enter.

 

“Where did you get this?” he hissed at each one of them. “It was a private date.”

“A date?!” Junsu, Yoochun and even Yunho were shocked with his answer.

Changmin was still on the chair, drowned at his own thoughts. Of course he heard what Jaejoong said and that made his lips twitch to the highest possible level. He was angry but didn’t want to explode. He still had respect not to shout at his hyung since they just went through from a not so good experience.

“Yah.”

“You took Mi Young on a date?” it was Yunho. “Taking her to the restaurant was a bit okay but the night market, Jaejoong there were lots of people out there. We still haven’t cleared our name yet. You’re lucky because our manager happened to see the waiter that took those pictures. How will you explain it to the media?”

Jaejoong smirked. He couldn’t believe that they were making big fuzz about that date. It was his right to date and he just did what he thought was right. “I can explain myself.”

“How about Mi Young?” All heads turned to their maknae. “Can she explain herself? Does she knows the consequences of agreeing to go out with you on a date?” he matched the intense glare of Jaejoong. “And to think that she is still under a punishment?” the last sentence was full of sarcasm and Jaejoong was slightly taken aback. He had to admit that Changmin was right, he never thought about Mi Young's safety. He silently yelled at himself for forgetting something he should’ve prioritized.

But backing out wasn’t written on his dictionary.

“So our dear maknae thinks about of those stuff when he's dating her?” he wanted to scrutinize and wrack Changmin but it wasn’t his time.

“Yes. Mi Young’s safety comes first.” He answered proudly.

“Jae, why did you suddenly take Mi Young on a date? Based on those pictures, it really looked like it was planned.” Yunho said.

“It was.”

“Oh Yoochun tell me hyung joking.” Junsu nudged Yoochun’s side. Both of them chose not to speak and just listend.

“Hyung is not joking.” Yoochun simply replied and earned a scowl from him.

“Why? Am I not allowed to date now?” Jaejoong couldn’t believe it. The scene was way too absurd for him to handle. He wanted to stand and take his shower but based on the way their conversation was flowing, the trip to the shower was still impossible for him. “What is wrong with you guys? I never went against you dating. Don't you think it’s my time now to get your support?”

“Support?” Changmin smirked back. “You’re asking for support? Why hyung? Do you like Mi Young?”

He wasn’t even sure if he was ready to hear Jaejoong’s answer. He was nervous about it because he admitted that Mi Young holds a special place in his heart. He actually fell for her because she was adorable and very ‘normal’ compare to other girls.

Mi Young told him that she’s a fan but not a screaming one and that made him feel flattered. He was practically dating her no. 1 fan and everything was going smoothly until Jaejoong came into his way.

“Why? Is it wrong to like her?” Changmin was taken aback and for a few seconds, silence enveloped him and no words came out from him mouth. Jaejoong didn’t give a straight answer but it hit him bull’s eye. He stood up and with widened eyes; he faced Jaejoong who was grinning sheepishly at him.

“Hyung… Let me remind you of a girl named Naomi.”

And it was Jaejoong’s turn to be lambasted. Silence also succumbed him for a while but surprisingly, he felt okay that he was able to answer back on Changmin.

“Actually, I haven’t thought about her… until now that you… mention her.”

“What?” Yoochun and Yunho chorused.

“How can you say such thing? You were dating her.” Yunho said after recovering from the shocked that was delivered by the oldest.

“Right.” Jaejoong realized. “I was dating her before she chose her career over me.”

“Hyung,” it was Junsu’s turn to speak. “Are you saying that you’re over?”

 

‘Over?’ that word hit Jaejoong hard. Were they really over? It was surprising that he totally forgot about her when Mi Young entered the picture. He also found it weird that he stopped looking at his laptop and waiting for her replies that never came. For the past weeks, his mind was only focused on Mi Young and to her alone. His boredom was cured by her cuteness. His heart was melted by her smiles and realized that he never once got it from Kiyomi.

Kiyomi… how was she doing? He had no idea and had no plan on knowing. He was starting a new life with a new girl. He knew it was cruel for him just to throw everything between him and Kiyomi away but he wasn’t the one who turned his back on the relationship. He tried to save it and even begged her not to go. He was ready to marry her but she had different plans for her life and he wasn’t part of those plans.

Some may think that he was getting confused like s did but he wasn’t, not at all. For the first time, he was sure. His heart was beating differently around Mi Young. It was beating for her and it was about time to follow his heart. Mi Young made him forget the girl that once sent him to depression. And finally, the long wait was over.

It was Jaejoong’s turn to fall.

“I like Mi Young.”

Those were the words that came out of his mouth to answer Junsu’s question. Words that was strong enough to slam Changmin on the wall. It was his fear coming alive before his very eyes and he felt his hands trembled at the same pace as his heart. He couldn’t believe it. He didn’t expect it, not even to in his wildest imagination that Jaejoong will be his biggest rival.

“Hyung.” He whispered with a mixture of disappointment and distress. “You know that I like Mi Young right?” All his hyungs fell silent. Never did they once saw Changmin in that look. It felt like a bomb was dropped in front of him.

“Changmin…” said Jaejoong.”

“And you know that I won’t share right?”

“I have no plans of sharing her either.”

“Jaejoong-ah!” Yunho tried to stop them but failed.

“What?”

“I never plan this. I just felt it and I’m willing to fight for it, even if it’s against you.”

A long pause followed.

“Then I’m giving you a month.”

“Huh?”

“In a month, her contract will expire so I’m giving you all that time to make her fall for you.”

Jaejoong once gain smirked. Changmin just proved his brain works really well.

“And if you fail, it’s over. I will not let you talk to her again.”

“You are so sure about yourself.”

“And so are you.”

“So our battle for Mi Young’s love officially begins now huh?”

“No hyung.” Changmin said in all seriousness.

 

 

 “It’s actually a war.”

 

 

*******************************************************************

Hi there everyone.. sorry for the late update.. I was so busy… mianhe…. But I miss you all…

 

@mieyLa cute right? I want to pinch his cheeks too… ^^

@koreankendi awww.. thank you for loving my fic.. I would love to be on Mi Young’s position and I will probably just stare on his face the whole day!!!

@HurricaneVenusx3 he cant tell her… at least not yet…. Boys have what you call… EGO….

@butterfly555 unnie.. you are sooooooooooooo right… blood is on its way…..

@starrylove oh I love them too and I envy Mi Young!!!!!

@ChunNong12 hi there.. thank you for subscribing.. right… MiYoung is too gullible to realize that she was actually his date.. I would love to be in her shoes…

@Alzina Jaejoong practically lied for a whole day… ahaha and don't worry… the beans will be spilled soon and Changmin wont get down without a hell of a fight!!!! Im not a bad girl for nothing…. Wink wink… ^^ I am thinking of making Jaejoong jealous… I’m wondering how he would look like.. whatcha think?

@MusicMyLove glad you found it cute… Mi Young definitely knows her place… so.. Are you on team Jaejoong now? ^^

@candyandreas hi there.. thank you for subscribing and welcome… yah Jaejoong was so naughty and don't worry I promise to make him suffer… hahaha

 

I hope I didn’t miss anyone…. Thank you chinggus for patiently waiting for the update and sorry for making you wait….

 

Love yah guys…

 

 

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions are loved loved loved!!!!!!

 

 

aejae22

BY FATE