Supermarket

BY FATE

 

"Mi young ah!" Jaejoong's voice rose when Mi Young failed to open the door to her room. He had been knocking for five minutes but he received no reply and he was started to get frustrated and worried at the same time.

“Yah! I will break this damn door if you don't open it after three seconds.” He yelled at the same time knocking. “1…2…” he was about to kick the door when someone  behind him called his name that made all his hair stood.

“Jaejoong-shhi.” She whispered. “Saki-shhi is still sleeping. You may want to lower your voice. And please don't break the door. I don't have the money to pay for it.”

“Eh?” he pointed himself and felt a little embarrassed afterwards. He was obviously making a mountain from a mole. He forgot that Mi Young always wakes up ahead of them so it was just natural for her to be out on her room at that time. He couldn’t respond to her words so he just fixed his shirt and coughed a little to gain a bit of composure.

“Be ready in thirty minutes. We’re going out.” He said, trying to add a little stiffness and stern to his broken voice and ruined poise.

“Wae?” she asked.

“We’re going out.”

“Wae?” she couldn’t believe it. Why would Jaejoong asked her out as far as she could remember, he just told her not to go out from the house and her day off will be taken away for that month. And there he was asking her out. What part of the globe did his mind took him and he woke up early and asked her out all of a sudden?

“W-we are running out of stocks. The refrigerator was practically empty and we’re going to the supermarket today so go change and we’ll be off.” It was truth but of course, it was Kim Jaejoong so there was more into it.

“You usually buy the groceries. Why take me with you all of a sudden?” It was just a simple question for her but it rang the bell of annoyance inside Jaejoong’s chaotic mind.

“Yah!” his voiced rose once again. “Am I obliged to answer all your queries? I’m your boss and when I say go and prepare because we will visit the supermarket, you have no choice but to follow. Got it?”

Mi Young just sighed and went inside her room to Jaejoong’s dismay. So far, nothing worked on her…and he prepared a lot under his sleeve.

 

After thirty minutes, Jaejoong was already waiting at the living room when Mi Young went out from her room. She was wearing black jeans, a white shirt plus a cream cardigan. She added a scarf around her neck up to her lips because it was freezing outside.  Jaejoong on the other side was wearing a suit. Yup. A suit, a black suit to be exact. The first two buttons were open which made it more look informal but never the less Jaejoong was deadly handsome. And his oozing charisma didn’t let Mi Young alone. She stunned and froze for a while.  Any girl would feel the same. Her heart was getting mad inside and she took a deep breath and reminded her self by whispering….

“Relax Mi Young-sshi… you’ve seen worse. At least he’s not .” She then took the longest breath in her lifetime.

“Ready?” Jaejoong then stood and Mi Young swore he was better standing up. All features were on places that they were supposed to be.  He was a mannequin, only alive.

“Y-yah…” she nodded and headed for the door only to be greeted by Jaejoong’s Black Chevrolet Camaro Convertible which he just bought two weeks ago. She believed that she will be the first person to ride it with Jaejoong, not to mention the first girl. There was reluctance in her so she voiced it out.

“You said we’re going to the supermarket.”

“Yeah.” He nodded.

“But it looks like you’re going to attend a funeral.”

“A what?” His eyes widened. She could’ve said a wedding but she uttered funeral of all occasions! Should he even consider that as an occasion? A headache will surely appear if that silliness will continue so out of nowhere; he grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the door to the convertible that was waiting.

“W-wait.” Mi young tried to break free but Jaejoong’s hold was firm.

He then opened the door on the passenger seat signal her to sit there. But Mi Young remained standing and looked at him in horror with a little touch of amusement. She never imagined herself riding on that kind of car and the driver was Kim Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong, the hyung of the mighty DBSK and her sister’s idol.

Working for him made her see the things and the life of an idol lives. She didn’t like it a bit. She was slowly getting used to the people who were constantly coming and ringing the phone. She was thankful that no media were allowed on that place and Jaejoong didn’t and wouldn’t let her open the door if he was suspecting people who were not trustworthy. The guy was handling his private life peacefully as of the moment while they were on temporary hiatus.

“What are you waiting for?” he hissed. “Hop in.”

And she did what she was told. She literally hopped inside the convertible and made Jaejoong smiled in amusement in which she unfortunately missed.

Jaejoong then spun around the car and went to the driver’s seat but before he started the engine He took something out of the socket inside his suit. It was a sun glass and he put it on and turned to face Mi Young who was once again stunned. As if there were one hundred balloons pooped inside her chest all at the same time that her breath went erratic all of a sudden.

“Ready?” he smiled and the girl just widened her eyes.  If Adonis was not a myth, she would definitely believe that Jaejoong was one of his descendants. His facial features were extraordinary and his smile that showed his perfect set of pearly white teeth was dazzling. A girl would go crazy over him and not to mention his breath. Mi Young felt like it was air coming for the air conditioner, only better and more fragrant. And his total smell ruled the air even if they were on a convertible, she could still feel the masculine perfume he was wearing that tortured her lungs in a relaxing and soothing way.

Mi Young was still busy looking and examining Jaejoong’s face and staring at them with opened to realize that they were already on the highway. Jaejoong was driving and smiled secretly with Mi Young’s expression. He knew that the girl was thunder stricken by his looks and secretly praised his self for a job perfectly done.

“ I know I’m handsome but I never knew that I’m that dazzling.” He said with his eyes still focused on the road. Upon hearing that, blood instantly rose to Mi Young’s cheeks that made her look so pretty in Jaejoong’s eyes. She was shocked but her stares never left Jaejoong. She was left frozen in time and blink as response to his words.

“Drool might slip out of your mouth if it will remain open like that.”

With that she instantly closed it and looked away, too embarrassed to face him again.

Jaejoong laughed.  He put her under his spell and his words were the ones that broke it. 

 

She was quiet the entire ride like someone zipped . Jaejoong on the other hand was smiling and enjoying the scene. Although in silence, he never missed the little things that Mi Young did like biting her lower lips and breathing out a sigh. He was driving but taking a quick glance didn’t affect their ride at all.

They arrived at the supermarket but Jaejoong saw that there were so many people inside. He smiled. Talk about timing. He knew that it was the peak hour and most of the people are going to buy stuff at that time of the day so he once again put up his best acting and faked a frown and annoyance.

“So many people.”  He said and smacked the steering wheel which made Mi Young jump a little bit.

Mi Young looked and around and saw that her boss was right. Ahjummas were everywhere and she knew that it won’t be safe if Jaejoong will go inside. And then, she came up with a very smart idea, a once in a lifetime chance coming from a dumdum like her. An idea that made Jaejoong’s fake frown into a real one.

“You can just stay here. I‘ll go and buy the groceries.” She said a typical dialogue of a normal maid. Any boss would be so happy to nod and relax on their car while the maid to the job but not Kim Jaejoong. For him, Mi Young was not just a normal maid. Aside from the fact that she serves a star, she was somehow getting inside the heart of a well known celebrity, a celerity who just got some doze of his own medicine.

“What? Repeat?” Jaejoong with widened eyes said.

She breathed out a heavy sigh. “I said I’m going to do the shopping. You can wait here or go to where you want to go. I can take the subway home.”

“Subway? Groceries?”

She nodded.

“Yah, look at this list.” And he rolled out the kilometer long list of things to buy in front of her face.

“B-bowh…?” she couldn’t believe the list was that long. “Are you going to throw a party again?” she mumbled which caused him to laugh.

“No so let’s go.”

“Where? Are we going to look for another supermarket? But… but they have the freshest vegetables here.” She tried to interject and about to open the car but Jaejoong was fast enough to lock them up again.

“I know. We’ll just have to wait until the crowd subsided.”

She finally nodded upon hearing it and rested her back on the sit. But to her dismay, Jaejoong started the engine once gain and zoomed the car out of the parking lot of that supermarket.

“Wait! Where are we going?” she yelled while nervously buckling her seat belt.

“I need to buy something.” He casually answered without looking at her.

“Then you could’ve just dropped me off so I can buy the groceries!”

“And let you use the subway with those huge bags?”

“I can call a taxi!”

“Yah! I can clearly hear you so no need to yell. I’ll help to you to buy what’s on that list I just don't feel to do it in that sea of people.” He yelled back and it meant half true and half lie. True because he was avoiding the people and there might be some unwanted media person in there and lie because he didn’t plan on doing the grocery shopping that time of the day. He had a plan and he was the only one who knows it. “Come with me first.”

“Ah seriously.” Mi young caught her head in frustration. She had a lot to do and her time was surely wasted because of her boss who didn’t know how to manage and took advantage of his time, at least that what she believed.

And once again, both of them turned silent.

 

Another ten minutes of drive and Jaejoong parked the car in front of a shop named “Glamour”.

“I’m going to buy some outfits.” He said before Mi young could ask.

She nodded. “I’ll just stay here.”

“No.” he said sternly. “You are coming inside. It’ll take me more than half an hour to pick what I need. You will get bored if you will just stay here.”

“Don't worry I can manage.” She said stubbornly, hiding the spurting nervousness inside her.

He sighed and let the roof cover the entire car and went out to open the door for her.

“You are coming with me inside.” Again, he took the hand of the dumbfounded Mi Young and dragged her inside the store where two ladies in formal suits welcomed them or….. Jaejoong.

“I need a suit. I want it to stand out but not too cocky. Black and fits perfectly.” He sat and his voice suddenly changed and became more serious while Mi Young just eyed the whole place.

“You will still look good what ever you’ll wear.” Said one of the ladies who kept on giving her some fiery glares and she didn’t know why.

Jaejoong just nodded and continued reading a magazine. She headed into a room where they keep all the suits.

Mi Young silently cursed him for being a snob. He could’ve said thank you to the lady. It was a compliment after all. But what can she do? She was just a poor maid who just want to buy the groceries but instead she was dragged by her crazy boss into a shop with lots of mirrors and too much lighting and not to mention sales ladies whom she thought wanted to skin her alive.

After a few minutes, the lady went back with at least 6 suits with her.

“You can try this on.” Mi Young swore the lady was acting too much. It was obvious she was drooling over Jaejoong. Maybe that was the reason why he suddenly became serious. He went inside the dressing room to try each some when the grinning lady slowly sat down beside her and whispered…

“Who are you?” in a tone like she was the owner of the shop. Mi Young lean away from her face that was almost on her face. She doesn’t like the smell of her breath nor her crooked teeth, not to mention the spitting once in a while. “Why is Kim Jaejoong with you?”

“Anyeong Haseo…” she bowed. At least she wanted to let the lady realize that it was just proper to greet the customer first before bombarding her with questions. And yes, she  considered herself a customer since she was with Jaejoong.

“Are you his girlfriend?” she then eyed the girl from head to toe. “Hmm… you don't look like one. Your clothes are too simple for his liking.”

‘And you are close enough to know about his likings?’ she hissed inside her as she tried to calm down and faked a smile.

“Are you going out?” the voice was so deep and she was leaning forward and Mi Young just reached the end of the bench and was about to fall down on the floor.

“I’m his….”

“She’s my friend.” Jaejoong answered coming out from the dressing room. “I don't think it’s proper to ask her questions like that. Please don't bother her or I might call the manager and we will surely talk about this matter seriously.” He said and the lady stood up in a flash and bowed. She knew that talking to the manager could only mean one thing… goodbye job and she just couldn’t afford that so she immediately said sorry to Mi Young who seemed to be frozen at her seat. Her jaw was dropped open once again and her eyes were nailed at Jaejoong who was wearing an all black suit with silver strip at both sides with matching silver tie.

“He looks like a god.” She whispered but too bad, it wasn’t enough for him to hear. He could’ve been so happy.

“What do you think?” he turned around in front of her and Mi Young snapped out of the deep.

“Huh?” she asked, dumbfounded.

“I said what do you think?”

“Ah… g-good….” Gathering her words especially in front of Jaejoong in that gorgeous outfit was sure hard.

“Good?”

She nodded. “But….”

“But what?” Jaejoong was left hanging. Her thoughts were oh so important all of a sudden, if she doesn’t like it, he will not buy it.

“Too shiny?” she questioned back. What does she knows about suits? Why was he asking her aif it looks good on him? It doesn’t matter anyway.

“I’ll try another one.” Jaejoong went back to change.

Then…

“How about this one?”

“Are you selling stripes?”

“Huh…?”

 

Then….

“Too tight fitting.”

 

Then… again…

“You look like a stripper getting ready for a performance.”

“What?”

 

After the seventh change…

Mi Young massaged her chin while looking at his suit. She was getting comfortable by the minute and Jaejoong was surprisingly listening to what she was going to say.

“Nice.” She smiled and Jaejoong let go a heavy sighed.

“I’ll get this and give me three more same sizes, two gray a one more black.”

“Why are you getting three?” she asked out of nowhere  when Jaejoong came out from the room, back into the suit he was wearing when they got there totally exhausted and sat beside her. Changing clothes for so many times was truly nerve wracking but he enjoyed it.

“So I can change immediately.”

“But you can wash it instead. I mean those one suit can buy a car.”

“We don't have time to wash. Our schedules are too hectic that changing clothes should be made in less than a minute.” He explained as he threw his head back on the bench as they wailed for the suits to be packed.

 

“I’m hungry.” He whined.

“Huh?” she turned to see him still eyes closed and panting.

“I think I’m going to be late for my date.”

“Date? You have a date?”

“Yeah. And I think I’m fifteen minutes late.” He took a glance on his wrist watch.

“Yah!” Mi Young yelled.  “You let her wait for you?”

“What’s wrong with that?” he said, dumbfounded by her reaction.

“Aish… you shouldn’t let girls wait.”

“Really?” A small smile appeared on his face and her face turned into a super ripe tomato so she immediately looked away.

“You should know that.” She said without looking.

“Then let’s go.” He took her wrist and paid for the suits and headed to the car.

 

“What am I doing here?” Mi Young looked around the place. They were currently at the 87th floor of a building where a fancy and 1st class restaurant was located. She can literally see the whole Seoul through the class windows that surrounded the place. She didn’t dare looked down because it was so high and height makes her stomach go wild.

“We are waiting for my date.” Jaejoong, who was sitting across her said casually as she scanned on the menu. “Is lobster salad okay with you?”

But she didn’t answer his question; instead she leaned forward and whispered. “You are waiting for your date, how about me? I’m supposed to be in the supermarket and it’s about lunch time and I haven’t cooked anything for Saki-sshi.”

“Two lamb chops in cream sauce, medium rare, lobster salad and your best drink.” he told the newly arrived later, ignoring her whines.

“How about the drink of your girlfriend sir?” the innocent waited asked. Mi Young looked around and noticed that the waited was actually talking about her.

“Wait… I’m not-“ She tried to explain but Jaejoong cut her off.

“Give her orange juice.” He smiled at her.

The waited then went to prepare their orders and they were left alone together.

The view was simply spectacular. Jaejoong chose and reserved the best restaurant in town but he wished he could’ve brought Mi Young there during the night where the view who be so much better. But by doing that, He will need at lot of alibis and explanations to Saki.

He stared at her who was twirling her hair with her finger out of nervousness. It was obvious that it was her first time and she really looked great on her dress. He had to change since the restaurant don’t allow guest in casual attire. He knew it so before heading to the restaurant, he went into a girl shop and bought the prettiest dress and flats for her and said that it was for Saki and lied that he called Saki and allowed Mi Young to wear ‘her dress’. That was they story why she end up in that dress.

“Don't worry about Saki, She went to school for a test and will not be back till this afternoon so you don't need to cook for anybody.” He explained. She nodded and didn’t dare to say anything. She was so shy and even the place looks really great and relaxing, she still couldn’t help but feel anxious. His date will come any minute and soon, she had to stand from the place. The thought kinda disappointed her. She sighed and accepted that she doesn’t really belong at that place after all. It was once in a lifetime experience and she reminded her self to thank her boss for brining her to that wonderful place.

“Why are you so quiet?” She heard Jaejoong said.

“I think I need to go.” She prepared to stand up but he was faster than her.

“Don't go.” He pleaded and his eyes were begging. Mi Young can’t explain her feelings. Jaejoong was begging her to stay? But why? His date will arrive soon. What if it was Naomi? She didn’t want the kind girl to think badly about her so she really needs to go.

“I really need to go… you’re date is….” And for the second time, he cut her off.

“She’s not coming.”

“Huh?”

‘She’s in front of me now.’ Jaejoong wanted to say badly but stopped him self.

“She’s not coming. She texted me.” Another lie.

She studied his face and frowned.

“That’s it?”

“That’s it what?”

“Your date ditch you and you’re okay?”

“Not my lost.” He crossed his arms and leaned back to his seat.

“Proud monster.” She hissed silently.

“What?”

“Forget it.”

He nodded but her next statement made his heart sank.

“Is this why you drag me to come to this place and eat with you….”

“Eh?” he suddenly stiffened. Giving her the wrong impression about that date was the last thing on his mind.

“….In case she don't show up like what she actually did?”

“No Mi Young it’s…” he was cut of by the waiter who was carrying their order.

Mi Young eyed the all the sumptuous food in front of her. She was hungry but somehow lost her appetite upon realizing that she was just actually a cover up, a cover to save Jaejoong’s face from the public. It was hurting because she genuinely believed that inviting her to eat and letting her wear a pretty dress like she was wearing was a true act of kindness.

“Mi Young it’s not what you think.”

“Don't worry Jaejoong-shhi. I should thank you because you gave me the chance to eat in this kind of place, something that I only dream of. Don't mind me. It’s a pleasure.” she tried to make th esoundof her voice cheerful.

“Mi Young….” He tried to explain but the girl didn’t allow it.

“The food is getting cold.” She started to eat in silence, leaving Jaejoong guilty.

He then realized that Mi Young was far from he thought she was. She’s not stupid or anything close. He thought that everything was going perfectly and smoothly according to his plan. He booked the place and made sure that no paparazzi or reporter could spot them. He even wear his expensive suit which he only wear during award show and bought her a dress just to make her happy but a single mistaken idea ruined it all. He was guilty, disappointed and upset. He also lost his appetite. His mood was ruined.

After that lunch, they finally headed to the supermarket and Mi Young also changed back to her plain old casual clothes and folded the pretty dress back to its box. But if Mi Young thought that day was finally over, she was wrong. Jaejoong took her into a night market where there were lots of stall selling street foods. He needed to make it up to her. He knew she was upset. So after putting his mask, they rallied the long street and ate like high school students enjoying their free day. And he was right. Jaejoong finally made the right move. Mi Young‘s mood was lightened up and that was all he needed.

“Thank you.” she said before ringing the buzzer in front of Jaejoong’s house, both of them carrying huge bags of groceries. Who knew that a simple trip to the supermarket can be that exciting?

Jaejoong scratched the back of his head and grinned.

“Since you are under punishment, I think it’s just right to take you out for a while to breathe some fresh air.”

“It’s really her lost.”

“Huh?”

“You’re date. A huge lost. She just let the superstar Kim Jaejoong slip thru by ditching him and I should thank her for that cause I took her place. “

He rolled his eyes.

“Mi Young?”

“I know, I know. But really thank you Jaejoong-shhi. Thank you for letting me be your date.”

He was about to say something but she rang the buzzer already and Saki immediately opened.

“Where have you been?” she said worried.

They took looked at each other.

“Supermarket.”

 

 

*********************************************

Ahhh I cant believe it took me so a whole week to write this chapter… oh dear…… I hope you'll like it and don't forget to leave your comments…..

 

@lovkajaebling I have a question.. you think Mi Young will cath Jae if he falls for her? Hmmmm.. ^^

 

@vanillataem I know and im sorry if I made you confuse but Yunhos’ story is coming up and everything will be cleared out… ^^ thanks !!!

 

@koreankendi you are not weird believe me… it’s just normal Yoochun was so cute right.. over protective… and fight among brothers are just normal.. what makes it jump into a higher level is that they are fighting for a girl… Changmin haven’t notice it yet but he will soon.. very soon so watch out for the next chappy.

 

@butterfly555 the fight unnie? Its gonna be bloody… haha ^^

 

@Alzina  cruelty is part of Jae’s character… its one of the way he shows his love for people. The argument between jae and max will not end there.. there’s more.. and junsu was right about Yoochun. He’s over protective because he’s afraid. He used to be a playboy and he’s afraid of karma haha… and the real battle will start on the next chapter… so please watch out for it chinggu… I finally found a job.. thanks….

 

@MusicMyLove yoochun is just afraid of karma.. cant blame him though… and you are the biggest fan of Changmin and Mi Young… you are really making it hard for me.. im still undecided up to this point….haha but anyways thank you for your comments… changmin is slow… so slow… tsk tsk….

 

@TheFlowerbeast yeah right and I wish I am one of them… ^^

 

 

Keep the comments coming… love yah guys… tweet me too….

 

 

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions are loved!!!

 

aejae22

BY FATE