conflicts... confrontations.... blames...

BY FATE

 

“I guess if there is someone that is stronger than us it will be Mi Young.” Rei whispered as his husband gently massaged her temple. They were both waiting for the doctor to come out from Jaejoong’s room. Yes, he was out from the ER but not from danger. Her brother was badly wounded and he had to undergo an operation that went for a full six hours. He was saved but the doctors discovered something that made the operation almost impossible and if the doctors weren’t smart enough that operation could’ve lead to his death.  And that was one fact that was about to unveil to them when the doctors come out.

“I agree.” Yoochun whispered back.

The couple was all by themselves since Saki had to go home and get some things that they needed during their stay in that hospital. Junsu went with her. 

Yunho had to take Jaemi home since she had to work but promised to return afterwards. He then went straight to the police station to talk about the cases to be filed against Ji Won.

Changmin went to tell their manager and the company about what happened. And as always, everything was kept in full secrecy.

“She handled the news about her miscarriage quite well which was so difficult for me. I saw that she was hurting but managed to stay strong. I wonder where all that strength coming from.”

“You know that answer to that.”

“Huh?” She looked at her husband. She knew? Maybe but she was too tired to think anymore. So many things happened in a little amount of time and all of them were still digesting it.

“From Hyung.”

Rei Mi understood.

“They don’t deserve any of this.”

“But it will be over soon. Ji Won will be sent to jail and they both live happily.” Yoochun lead his wife’s head to his chest. “You need to rest. You are exhausted. Don’t worry about Yoomi. Mr. Lee called and said that she’s doing fine. Tiffany and Jessica volunteered to take care of her while where here. We will read the letters when Hyung wakes up.” he was talking about the letters that were put under Jaemi’s care.

Jaemi knew that it was about time to show them to everyone. She was a bit happy since keeping a secret wasn’t an easy job. She handed them to Rei Mi and promised to read each one when everything was settled.

She smiled. It was a temporary relief. She closed her eyes and recalled the moment when she and Saki had to break the news on Mi Young.

 

Mi Young had a nightmare and was crying when she woke up, calling Jaejoong’s name. She begged everyone to tell her where was Jaejoong. No one liked to answer. Yunho was the one who told her that Jaejoong was finally out of the ER and currently recovering.

“Can I see him?” weak and all but her eyes displayed determination like no other. She knew what Ji Won did to them but she was still clueless about the outcome.

“Not yet. The doctors are still doing something so we have to wait a little longer. You should rest some more Mi Young. Your body needs it badly.” Yunho said in full authority. He was, no doubt, in full leader mode.

“The baby.” She said it almost a whisper as she touched her now empty belly and everyone stiffened.  Everyone avoided her gaze and somehow, she got an idea of what happened but she didn’t speak. She waited fro them to tell her everything. Yunho yanked the guys to leave the room and let the ladies do the talking.

“Unnie…” Jaemi started as she took her hand and kissed it gently. She was crying and her eyes were apologizing. Mi Young was smart and can read body language perfectly. So she confirmed the news herself.

“My baby’s gone…” It was more of a statement than of a question and the ladies couldn’t do anything but to bow their heads sadly.

“I see.” she took a heavy breathe as tears flowed once again. Her fisted balled tightly on her knees, crumpling her hospital gown and turning her knuckles white. She was so angry but cannot let it out, at least not yet, not yet. She knew she will need it soon so she tried her very best to calm herself down but the news about her baby was just too heavy to handle.

“You were still in your first trimester and the baby was not that strong. The doctors did everything but the baby was just too weak to handle the blow you got.” Rei Mi explained softly and sending some strength to her. “You can do this Mi Young. I did. You are strong right? And I’m sure Oppa won’t love to see you cry.”

Mi Young was stronger than other thinks she was, way stronger. She might be hurting but she used that smartly. Her eyes were so sad but no one can read her mind or anything inside her head. She nodded and the ladies sighed in relief.

“We will be looking after you Mi Young. You will stay with us from now on.”

“But I am not your real sister.” she said. The subject was changed successfully.

“But Jaejoong Oppa loves you.”

Mi Young looked down and Rei took her hand and pressed in gently. “Oppa fought for you and still doing it at this moment. We will help you recover okay? But you have to help yourself too.”

“Thank you.” Mi Young smiled for the first time after a long time, a genuine one.

 

But really, no one knew what was going inside her brain.

 

 

“I need to ask you something and you need to answer me truthfully.” Everyone was all ears when the doctor went out from Jaejoong’s room. Series of test were done and finally, they had a result.

That time, aside from DBSK and Jaejoong’s family, some friends also came to visit him including Hyun Joong. The lobby of the wing where Jae’s room was almost filled with people, mostly celebrities but no one cared since it was temporarily closed to avoid any unwanted incident.

Rei Mi answered with a frown. What could be wrong? She didn’t like the doctor’s reaction and the tense-filled atmosphere wasn’t helping either. “What is it?”

“The operation that we did to him almost killed him.” it wasn’t the question yet but it was enough to make everyone gasp and tightened their hold at their seats. “We couldn’t give him any medicine because something is blocking it. It took us too long because we were figuring out what might cause it.  We did manage to save him from the injuries he got from the accident but we’re not sure if he will survive the overdose.”

“Overdose?” as if on chorus, all of them stared at the doctor like he just said something funny. 

The person who was always with Jae and was living with him was the first to react. “What do you mean overdose? Oppa was not taking any medication. He drinks a lot but I don’t think he’s taking drugs of any kind.”

“I’m not talking about addictive drugs Ms. Kim, the patient it suffering overdose from a certain kind of drug that only depress persons take.”

“What?” It was impossible, Saki thought. She looked at Changmin who was with her most of the time when Jaejoong was still mourning about the series of events that have occurred but no one saw him take any kind of drugs like that doctor was talking about.

Hyun Joong’s head jolted up. He was the only one who knew exactly what was going on. “I know.” he said and all heads his direction, questioning.

He looked away, shocked and afraid. Shocked because he never imagined that Jaejoong abused the drug that supposed to heal him, afraid, that Yunho and the rest of were shooting daggers at him, wanting for a good explanation and why he knew things that they doesn’t.

“Hyung went to me one day. We talked and I noticed that he wasn’t the same. He was acting really off and I wanted to make sure. I brought him to my uncle who is a psychiatrist. We found out that he was suffering from depression. It was getting severe so my Uncle gave that kind of medication.” No one talked; they all just listened as he told them the story reluctantly. He will not be surprised if Yunho will lunge him after he finished his story.

“He responded well. He asked me for more of that medicine and I gave him what he wanted.”

“But Mr. Kim, this drug is not available without any prescription and I’m sure your Uncle knows about that too. Did you give it to him with your Uncle’s approval?”

Hyun Joong looked down, avoiding the sharp stares that were thrown at him. Any moment, he was sure that his life will be put to an end. “I have an access to my Uncle’s pharmacy. I used to have that drug since I suffered from the same situation years ago so I thought that… that since it worked on me, it will work on him too.”

“Are you crazy?!” There it was, Yunho’s fist landed on his left jaw and he stumbled on the floor. Surprisingly, no one tried to help him or stopped Yunho from grabbing his collar and lifting him from the ground. The doctor was taken aback but couldn’t call security at once. The people who once stopped Changmin from getting Ji Won didn’t even flinch. Instead, their eyes shoot hatred and disgust at Hyun Joong. “You think you’re a doctor now? Huh?” He tasted blood and Yunho was attempting to throw another jab but the doctor coughed to get their attention back and that stopped the leader from breaking his skull. He sighed in relief but the fear was still on him.

“Mr. Jung, let’s talk about this calmly. You’re still in the hospital and we don’t want to disturb other patients.”

Yunho smirked at Hyun Joong and threw him at the wall and a loud crack was heard. He was so sure that he will have to undergo an X-ray afterwards. Yunho clamed down afterwards and looked at the doctor intently.

“Mr. Kim,” He said looking at the guy with a bloody face. “I think I need to talk to your Uncle about this. I’m sure he doesn’t know anything about this and I want to see the records he got about Jaejoong so we can come up with a better plan on how to fix this mess. But let me remind you that even that medicine worked on you, it doesn’t give you the guarantee that it will work on all people who is suffering from depression.

Hyun Joong nodded shamefully and got his phone to call his Uncle which he regretted because he was blamed up to the highest degree when the psychiatrist told him about Jaejoong’s records.

The lobby became a temporary office because everyone wanted to hear what Hyun Joong’s uncle was going to say and the office wasn’t large for them to fit it. Hyun Joong wanted the Earth to swallow him alive while the two doctors exchanged findings.

“He came up to me two weeks after I gave him that prescription. He was complaining that the drugs have to effects on him. I said it was normal since it usually takes about three to months fro them to take effect depending on how he responds to it and the therapy.” The psychiatrist explained to the doctor.

“How much dosage did you give the patient?” He had Jaejoong’s records on his hand and he was reading it but he wanted to make sure and for everyone to hear. “I gave him a whole bottle, once a day, enough for a month. I was planning to give him another kind if he will not respond to tit the way I wanted to.”

The doctor leaned back to his chair and sighed and shook his head. Rei Mi swore her heard jumped out of her chest with his reaction. And everyone almost had a heart attack with the doctor’s words.

“He took three bottles in a month and that’s three times higher than your dosage.”

“What?” It was the psychiatrist’s turn to drop his jaw. He was obviously unaware of what his nephew did. “I didn’t know that he’s taking that much and I didn’t give him the prescription and the go signal to buy another set.”

The doctor looked at Hyun Joong who was looking at the floor, biting his wounded lips nervously.

“Hyun!” His uncle looked at him sternly and disapprovingly. “You didn’t give him the drugs right?” He was hoping that Hyun Joong will answer positively but he was wrong. His nephew gently nodded and the psychiatrist looked at him with eyes widened and disappointment.

“What have you done?! I just told you to tell this to his family, not to give him drugs that can kill him!”

“You told him to tell us?” Yoochun asked.

“Yes.”

“How come we know nothing about it?”

“Because Hyung didn’t allow me to! He doesn’t want all of you to know that he’s depressed!” Hyun Joong couldn’t take it anymore. He have to defend him self somehow. “I tried to tell you everything but he stops me every time. He said that he don’t want to be your burden so I kept it all. I never see this coming. He said that the drugs are making him calm and he had good hours of sleep. I was happy and I want him to get healed. I don’t want anything of this to happen.

“You should’ve told us. There’s always a way.” Rei Mi looked at him sadly. “I’m sorry but if something bad happened to Oppa because of those drugs, I will not forgive you.”

“Why are you blaming me?! Where were you when he needed someone to talk to?! He was almost on the ground and a step away from killing himself because no one was with him. Yes, you were with him but no one see that he was not the same! That something was happening and even if he says that he’s okay, he‘s not! I’m just concern, he’s my friend damn it!” he yelled, shutting most of the people in there but not the leader.

“And you think we’re not? You think that you are the only one who’s concern huh? Don’t give me that Hyun Joong!” Yunho snapped shocking everyone with is curse which seldom shows. “You know your Hyung, you know that he will not tell any of us that he’s suffering. We want to help but he didn’t let us. You could’ve at least told us what he can’t.  You were given the chance. He opened up to you. That was what we were waiting for.”

“Hyung…”

“Are you really concern? If you really want to help, you should’ve followed your uncle. You should’ve told us and we could’ve work together but you didn’t.”

“I…”

“So even if this accident didn’t happen, we are still bound to stay in this hospital because Jaejoong is slowly killing himself with the drugs that were supposed to heal him. It could’ve been avoided right? Now tell me how you want us to react because right now, my sanity is slowly leaving me. So if I we’re you, I will not try to say anything and because you might end up in this hospital too.”

“Yunho.” Jaemi stood and gently tugged him away from the bleeding guy. Everyone knew that the guy had enough and even if they wanted to strangle the living daylight out of him, it won’t do anything to help Jaejoong. All they can do was to pray for his recovery and hoped that the doctors will come out with something that will save his life.  Jaemi knew that they have to stop because at the end of the day, when everything was okay, all of them will surely ends up being friends again.

 

“Now that we have his record, I think we found something that can save him.” Said the doctor and like magic, everyone calmed down. It was all that they were waiting after all.

 

***********************************************

 

unedited

oh dear.. most of you wnats to bury or skin my alive... or even scratch my face because of the last chapter... just a nightmare folks......... aigooo.... sorry

 

replies will be ont he next update.... tomorrow...
 

please comment..

comments, suggestions and violent reactions are loved!!!!

 

 

aejae22

BY FATE