too much

BY FATE

18564_299176122901_198031327901_3344001_

 

“I’m not a real Kim.”

Changmin frowned. He didn’t have the slightest idea on what Rei was talking about. Of course she was no longer a Kim because she already married Yoochun and that made her a Park. But her tone was bordering on fear and regret which left the guy puzzled. Something was really off and it wouldn’t take an expert to notice it.

“Rei, what are you talking about? Tell me what’s going on.” He voiced out and Rei entrusted him everything, everything that even her husband knew nothing about.

 

~

 

 

“Oppa…” Rei stared at the tomb in disbelief.

All their efforts on locating their mother were finally put into an end, literally. It was such a gloomy day and the result was disheartening.

“Mi Young…” he whispered, slightly ignoring his sister’s words. “Can you tell us about… about your Omma…?”

Rei gasped. She couldn’t believe her ears. Why Jaejoong did say that the one in the tomb was Mi Young’s Omma? As far as she’s concerned, that tomb belonged to their Omma, unless… Her eyes widened as realization struck her like lightning. And made her almost stumble on the ground if Jae wasn’t there and held her back.

“Omma...” she struggled with her words. How she wished Yoochun was beside her but deep inside, she didn’t want her husband to know about it… at least not yet.

The news wasn’t acceptable and Jae’s apologetic eyes weren’t helping her at all. She knew Jae already knew something and it was the very reason why he asked her to follow them to Jeju. He had the idea that their Omma was in Jeju but to see her tomb was another story and their Omma being Mi Young’s Omma was a huge revelation.

“Omma was from Seoul. She came here a very long time ago and met my Appa. They weren’t married so that explains why she stayed as Kim. I don’t know much about her past.” She said, letting go of an exasperated sigh. “All I know is she left something in Seoul and she kept on telling us to find it for her.”

The two listened intently as they memorized the hidden details of their Omma’ life.

“She was very kind and she loved flowers so much. She always wanted to have a garden but Appa wasn’t that kind to her.” Mi Young tensed up upon recalling the bitter past and dark secret of their family while Rei and Jae stayed glued to the ground, holding each other’s hands, getting strength from each other.

“Life wasn’t that kind to Omma. She planned on going back to Seoul to meet her family but Appa didn’t want her to go. I guess he loved her so much that he was so afraid that she will never return.” She sobbed, recalling each details f what happened that time. “He locked her up inside the house. Omma escaped but got caught and… and…” She stopped and Jae and Rei’s breathing also stopped. How could Mi Young continue to tell the story of what happened that fateful date and the two weren’t even sure if they can take another bad news?

It took her a lot of courage and strength to do it. It was a bitter part of the past. And a secret fated not to be told but that time Mi young felt like her Omma wanted her to tell her to story to Jae and Rei. The reason? She didn’t have a clue. But telling them felt so right. It was like there was a hidden connection between the people in front of her. She completely neglecting their exhausted expressions and heavy breathing.

“He was beaten to no end. Omma bled too much. She didn’t make it to the hospital.” All appeared like mourning whisper and little did Mi Young know, she just broke the hearts of the siblings.

But despite everything, Jae still couldn’t bring himself to cry. There was that unknown emptiness crying inside him but failed to come out. But when Mi Young told them the date when all of those horrible things happened, Rei finally broke down.

Their Omma died the same day Rei Mi arrived from Japan.

“Rei?” Mi Young asked, matching the shock expression they gave. “Is… Is there something wrong?”

That was it. The thing that they were keeping burst out. Jae, no matter how hard he tried to fight his emotions finally tore up. He knew the truth will be eventually known. So it was the time to tell Mi Young everything.

“Mi Young… You once told me about your mission right?” He gasped, trying to sound gentle as possible despite the urge to shout and breaks lose. “You even brought me with you to the house where your Omma’s son lives right?

“Yes.” Mi Young reluctantly nodded, unsuspecting of what was about to happened.

“Kim Eun Mi is my mother. I’m the one you’re looking for.” How he managed to say it without getting choked was a total mystery but the thanked the heaven anyway.

“Jae.” She sad, half happy and somewhat worried about Jae’s pained expression. Was he sad that his mom was already dead? That was given.

Then it clicked.

“No…”

Unknown to them, two eyes were secretly watching them from afar and heard everything.

 

 

“There’s an inn near here. Just in case you and your sister want to stay for tonight. “Ji Won welcomed him. He left the two ladies by themselves. If they were talking, he had no idea. He just wanted to rest because he had enough. Too much information and drama almost drove him insane. But it wasn’t over yet. In fact, it was far from being over.

“We need to talk.” She started nonchalantly. Jae was supposed to oppose but he stopped and realized that he really needed that talk even his brain was declining it, even his heart. He wanted the whole truth and closure.

They sat at the small balcony at the back of that house. They were facing the sea and it made the atmosphere less tense but none the less, it as still heavy.

Ji Won sat in front of him and handed him a letter. It was almost yellow because of its age. It was the same letter that Ji Won secretly took from Mi Young’s box when she once visited her in Seoul.

After She heard what they talked about at the hill, she immediately went home to looked for that letter. She tore it open and read it. She never thought that that pices of paper she once considered as crap would be a great help to her. It suddenly turned into a priceless piece of paper.

She smiled after reading the content. Another plan was formed inside her playful brain and she knew that time, it was going to be successful.

“I guess you finally met Mi Young’s Omma. I told you thatgirl is on the verge of losing her sanity. Or maybe she really is crazy.”

“Mi Young’s Omma?” he questioned, ignoring her last statement. He could have liked to dispute but he was too tired for it and the situation wasn’t calling for it.

“Yeah.” She sighed and Jae wanted to strangle her instantly. “Mi Young is just my half sister. She’s the daughter of my Appa and your Omma.”

Jae realized that she knew about the secret. She must have heard them talked about it. That was what he thought but didn’t care. “I’m also shocked when I found out. I never thought that you’re the son of my stepmother was looking for. Too bad we lost all her pictures because of the storm that came here before. But I believe that letter is for you. “She said and smiled and Jae swore it was like a constipated grin, a forced one. Fake.

Jae gazed at the letter. He didn’t want to read it but he knew he needed to. Indeed, it was really for him. The hand writing was very much familiar and no doubt that it was from his beloved Omma. His hands were shaking while unfolding the letter, scared that he might tore it into pieces. He handled it wit so much care and silently read it. Each letter was carefully written and he was sure that it was written with so much love and longing.  But each word felt like sharp hook buried inside his chest, yanking his heart out. It was so hard to breathe.

 

To my dear Jaejoong,

           I hope you’re in good health upon receiving this letter. My prayers are always with you and your Appa. I want to ask for your forgiveness and I won’t get tired telling you this. If I could I would tell you this personally. But you know I cat right? Heaven knows how I long to kiss and hug you my son. I don’t want to risk your safety. I know your Appa wont allow me to see you but always remember that you never left my mind and you will always be in my heart.

          Jaejoong, I’m sorry for taking your only sister away from you. It was my only choice. You’re Appa thought Mimi wasn’t his so I had to take her away. Heaven knows I only love one person and that is your Appa but he didn’t listen so I had to take a drastic step. I know I hurt you. I really wanted to take you with too but I know I can’t give you all the things you’re Appa can give. You’re smart and I know time will come that you’ll look for me and your sister.

         Jae, I’m in Jeju right now waiting for you to come. I hope you’ll receive this letter soon. It’s a risk I want to take. I’m praying that you will receive this letter. It’s my last hope.

I love you very much my son and please don’t forget your Omma.

I will always wait for you.

                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                                                   With so much love,

                                                                                                                                      Omma

 

Jaejoong was in utter silence. He didn’t react or anything because he was overwhelmed with different emotions. His heart was about to burst with all the emotions thrown at him. He was made speechless. The letter was supposed to make him feel happy or to console him even a bit but he got the wrong feeling. He was suddenly confused and guilty.

He was hurting and wanted to scream his heart content but he didn’t know for what exact reason. The entire burden was stuck in him. Was it because his Omma was already gone? Or because his girlfriend turned out to be his long lost sister?

What about Rei?

What will happen next?

 

**********************************************************

 I know this chapter is a short one but I’m really preparing for the following chapters and I will be introducing another character. Oh… you will surely hate HIM… haha…

The end is near and Yunho’s story is next… don’t forget to leave a comment. ^^

Tell me what you think about the flow of my story… please…

 

Comments, suggestions and violent reactions are loved…. ^^

 

aejae22

BY FATE