why now?

BY FATE

 

COEX Mall Seoul

“Wow!” A chubby girl with a huge scarf around her neck squealed. Her jaw could almost touch the ground and one of her two friends cant help but to roll her eyes in annoyance.

“Oh please don't act like it’s your first time here.”

“But it is.” The girl said and the other girl nodded. Well cant you be a little discreet about it? You don't want the whole world to know that you’re from Jeju right?”

“Whatever. So, when are we going to visit your sister?”

“I don't know.” The irritation from the prettiest girl among the three leveled up. “I want to go there but I’m not sure if the security of the village will let me in.”

“What? We skipped classes and came here all the way from Jeju just for nothing? You said Mi Young’s boss is a star.” The friend also started to feel irritated as they entered the famous mall.

“Exactly and the last time I was there, he wasn’t so happy about it. I’m’ so sure he already informed the security personnel to get rid of me.” Ji Won exclaimed, remembering her fate.

“Maybe you did something so greasy that’s why you were thrown out.”

“Shut up! Jaejoong didn’t throw me out.” She gasped and automatically covered when those words suddenly came out. Her two friends gave her a questioning look.

“You said Jaejoong.” The chubby one narrowed her on Ji Won.

“I didn’t.” she denied and looked away but it was too late. Her friends won’t give up that easy.

“Come on, last time I checked, there is only one Jaejoong in Show business and he’s Kim Jaejoong of DBSK.”

“Come on Ji Won, no need to deny it. We heard you. Mi Young is working for Kim Jaejoong right?” the other friend said, crossing her arms and stared at her.

“Alright!” she finally gave up. “My sister is working for him.”

And the two girls in front of her suddenly went from annoyed to giddy.

“Oh my goodness! Who would have thought that brainless girl was able to dig such  treasure? I would do anything just to spend a minute with him.”

“Imagine, she’s living with him 24/7! Isn’t that amazing? No wonder your DBSK collection is one of a kind. I bet Mi Young keeps on sending you limited edition stuffs.” Her friend’s eyes sparkled in glee but Ji Won’s expression remained the same. Even if she knew that Mi Young was capable of giving her stuff, she doubted if the girl has the courage to do so. She couldn’t imagine her asking Jaejoong for an autograph. They didn’t seem that close.

“Those collections are collected with my sweat and blood.”

“And Mi Young’s earning.” The chubby girl whispered but she just ignored it.

“My sister never send me any DBSK stuff. She didn’t even tell me that she is working with him.” she hissed.

“Selfish moron.”

“But don't worry.” A glimmer of hope was shown on her eyes. “I will visit Kim Jaejoong once again and I will kick my sister’s out of his house.”

“How will you do that when you are banned from there in the first place?” It was the truth and Ji Won wasn’t so happy about it.

She heaved a very deep sigh and said, “You’ll see.”

They were still walking around the mall looking for something interesting when the chubby girl spotted someone.

“Wonnie.” She tapped her shoulders.

“What?” she hissed, not yet recovered from the heated discussion.

“Isn’t that Mi Young?” Ji Won’s head turned instantly to the direction her friend was pointing at.

“Who’s with her?”

And a smirk was formed to her beautiful face. Fate was still on her side after all.

 

Meanwhile…

“Mimi.” Saki visited her bestfriend since her classes ended early that day. The latter was currently playing with her daughter at the living room since it was so cold outside.

“Saki? You’re supposed to be in school now right?”

“Only one subject for today. Two of my professors went somewhere. Where is Yoochun Oppa? She looked around for the guy.

“He went out. He said he will meet up with RyeoWook Oppa for a song.”

She frowned. As far as she knows, RyeoWook was still in China with the rest of the Super Junior M.

“He went to China?” Her eyes were unfocused.

“Nope.” Rei Mi shook her head. She understood her best friend’s actions. She was too occupied the previous night that she didn’t notice the presence of a person. “They’re already here. They arrived last night and yes, with the maknae.” She smiled as if she could read her mind. Rei answered the exact question that was just forming inside Saki’s brain.

“Oh.” She laid her head on the couch and watched YooMi played with her toys.

“He was with us last night while waiting for you.” And that made Saki stiffened and avoided Rei’s eyes. “Why are you so guilty? You did nothing to him.”

“Oh yeah.” She rolled her eyes. “I did nothing. I just rejected his marriage proposal and left him hanging. Nothing serious.”

Rei laughed at her expression. “He seemed okay though. Yoo-Chi told me that he even offered reconciliation to your dolphin.”

“Seriously?”

“He’s finally moving one.”

“Halleluiah.”

“But that doesn’t mean that you won’t see him again. Remember, they are working in the same company, the chances of bumping into each other is greater.

“Speaking of company,” Ignoring her friend, she finally found an excuse to get out from the topic. “…Teayeon Unnie called me this morning. She said she was trying to contact you but you are not answering.”

“I gave YooMi a bath and I haven’t check on my phone yet. Why?” She wondered why SNSD’s leader will call her that time.

“Unnie told me that SM just hired new back up dancers for DBSK’s comeback.”

“So?”

“Female dancers.”

“Oh…” Rei was obviously taken aback but tried to play it cool. After that announcement, words barely came out from . A weird feeling suddenly entered her chest. A feeling called woman’s instinct but she ignored it.

It was the first time SM hired female dancers as back-ups for any of his male groups. Female dancers are only given spots as choreographers but not back-ups.

“That’s new.” She bit her lower lips at the idea. Yoochun  had told her about the theme of their comeback and new album and it was more mature then the previous one and not to mention, ier.

“I know.” Saki nodded in agreement. “Taeyeon Unnie and the rest of the girls are not so happy about it.”

“Unnie loves us so much.” Rei laugh but it didnt reach her eyes.

“Do we have to set ourselves on war mode again?”

“I trust my husband.”

“I trust my dolphin too but I don't trust them.”

“Right.” She couldn’t help but agree. Being DBSK’s girl wasn’t easy at all.

“Mi Young will soon face the same problem.” Saki said, trying to change the topic for the second time that day.

Rei turned to face her. Her face was now filled with excitement. “Tell me about the progress.”

“Well… Oppa woke up so early this morning and cooked some special breakfast for us. Then he said he will buy Mi Young a brand new wardrobe since he’s planning to enroll her into a home study program and I’m sure the rest of the day will be spent on mushiness.”

“That’s if Oppa can do mushy things. You know him. Mushiness is not included in his vocabulary.”

“Let’s see because I’m planning to ask Mi Young when the return.”

“Oppa’s in love.”

“Finally.”

“So we can finally take our revenge now?”

“You bet.”

And two evil girls winked at each other and shared a high five. Jaejoongs' sisters indeed.

 

 

 

 

“Maybe it’s really a wrong idea that I brought you here. I never thought this mall will be so over populated.” Jaejoong whispered to Mi Young. He was totally uncomfortable with this disguise and his surroundings. The mall was literally jam-packed, one weird thing because it was just a regular day. Students were still in schools but that day was different. On the other hand, Mi Young stayed quiet. She was thinking that Jaejoong hated being in there… with her.

“I think we need to go somewhere else. I might lose you in this huge crowd. It’s not safe for you.” He wasn’t looking at her when he said those words but Mi Young suddenly went bushing and unknowingly cupped her cheeks with her cold hands. She knew they were red. Maybe his words didn’t mean anything to him but for Mi Young, they were just enough to make her heart go wild. Jaejoong was thinking about her all the time and she was just a one happy girl. “What do you think?”

But Mi Young was just so busy blushing to even notice him.

“Are you alright?” he said once again and that snapped her back to reality.

“Ah…”  red as tomato, again, she muttered. “Yeah.” She bowed down shyly but Jae’s next move caused her to be in the verge of heart attack. He took her hand, not her wrist or anything, her hand and what made it more exciting was that he entwined his long soft long fingers to her dull, hard one. She wanted to pull them off but he was holding them like a hostage so she wasn’t left with any choice but to accept and feel her face burn.Thankfully, she hasnt put her mittens yet. Any Cassiopeia will love to kill her. He gently pulled her out of the mall but before they could exit, Mi Young heard the voice she wished never existed.

“Mi Young!” she wasn’t sure but the voice sounded…. Angry? But she immediately understood. She assumed that Ji Won saw whose she’s with and she recognized him. She was right. Her sister did recognize him and felt Jaejoong stiffened but he didn’t let go of her hand. She was also afraid to turn around and didn't to face her sister. What was she doing in that mall? She supposed to be in Jeju, in her university.

“Hey Mi Young!” she heard her shout but she didn’t look at her. Instead, she gently looked at Jaejoong who was holding her hand tightly. Their eyes met and she read something. Jaejoong just nodded and they both counted one to three in their heads and ran as fast as they can to the exit, leaving the shock Ji Won behind.  Too shock to even lift her foot to follow them.

“Yah!” Why did she run away?” her friend asked, she was the first one to react and tried to run after them but the two were too fast. “And who’s with her?”

“That stupid freak.” Ji Won’s eyes were bloodshot red in anger. She knew it was Jaejoong and seeing them together, holding hands just made her blood boil tot the highest degree. “She’ll see.”

 

 

“Ah wait…” Mi Young panted heavily when they reached the parking lot. “She was tired from running so fast but it seemed like Jaejoong didn’t even bulge. She released herself from his hand and held her knees tightly as she gasped for air. She needed some exercise, badly. The temperature nearly dropped from zero but she was sweating too much.

“What is your sister doing here? She’s supposed to be in school right?” Jaejoong asked half annoyed. They could’ve created a scene inside the mall if he wasn’t fast enough to think. What happened in the restaurant at their first date will never happen again. He swore.

“I don't know. “ She stood properly, recovered from the tiredness.

“She’s wasting her time once again. You are working so hard but she just wastes your earning. I think I should cut your salary in half for her to learn.”

“Eh?” Mi Young was shocked. “You’re not serious right?” She couldn’t afford to lose half of her earnings. She would have to find an extra job if that happens. As if Jaejoong would allow her.

Jaejoong smiled and Mi Young felt like fresh air sweep through her face. How can a person give her such a light feeling? She was freezing but being with Jaejoong felt so warm. Holding his hand felt warmer… what more if he’s hugging her? She immediately smacked her head from thinking such thoughts.

“We need to get your clothes then let’s go somewhere.”

IMG_8959.JPG

 

 

The two ended up at the Seoul Namsan Tower after getting her new clothes since Jaejoong knew that the girl hasn’t visited the place before . They ate a very sumptuous lunch at a local street shop without getting noticed and they both enjoyed it so much. And then, they finally made their way to the famous stairs in Namsan. Jaejoong has all time of the day so he had to make his move.

“Do we really have to climb that one?” Mi Young was already tired upon seeing the stairs.

“Yes!” Jae said with conviction. Then we will go to the peak of Namsan tower.”

“Oh…” Mi Young frowned at the countless steps ahead of her but to her surprise; the guy once again took her hand and never let it go until they reach the top. She was quite taken aback because she didn’t notice that they were already on top. She was so busy spazzing out to even feel her tiredness.

On the other hand, Jaejoong was feeling the same or even better. He would’ve whined to death if he will be ask to climb that stair alone or with s. Mi Young was different. It felt like all his strength was coming from her and he swore he could climb that proud stairs ten times just as long as Mi Young is with him.

Finally they reach their destination. The highest floor of the Namsan tower was fortunately quiet and only a little number of tourists were there.  The cold wind of Seoul flew towards them and Jaejoong could not ask for more. Mi Young was with him, holding hands on one of the most romantic place on Earth. He can go to heaven as a happy guy but not yet… since he wanted to say many things to Mi Young.

 

“You can let go of my hand now.” Mi Young smiled at him and looked away as he reluctantly let her hand go.

Mi Young felt the warmness of his hands as she gently cupped her face with them. How she wish Jae would hold her again.

Then Jaejoong took something out of his pocket, a pen and a lock. Mi Young’s heart raced the moment her eyes laid on the lock. She knew the place and what the lock was for but she tried to remain calm and innocent as possible. He guided her to the nearest bench and gave her one of the pen and a piece of paper.

“What am I going to do with this?” she asked with a scarlet red face.

Jae smiled and gently tucked the strands of hair that was covering her eyes behind her ears. Wrong move because he saw Mi Young’s eyes. She looked down immediately to avoid his stares but Jae knew better. He lifted her chin, cornering her eye into his.

“I want you to write something to your future husband and I will do the same for my future wife.”

The idea was romantic but Mi Young felt a sting of jealousy. His wife… the words made her all gloomy and her stomach felt a sudden twist. She couldn’t breathe properly but she obeyed.

On her  elementary-like hand writing, she tried to write what was on her heart while Jaejoong just stared at her. He avoided reading it because the thrill will be lost but how he wished that he did. Then it was his turn to write. Mi Young looked at him with so much love and secretly wished that his letter would be for her. Then, she stiffened. She can actually think that kind of thoughts... Could it be…? She shook her head and Jaejoong noticed it and asked.

“What’s wrong?”

“Ah… Jaejoong –shi…” she bit her lower lip. She had to do it… or there will be no second chance. Jaejoong looked at her eyes, matching the passion and love which she found weird. “W-why are we doing this?”

“Huh?” Jaejoong wasn’t prepared for it. She could see how he said it with great difficulty.

Mi Young hesitated and took her question back. “Ah… you don't need to answer. It was just a wild thought.” She smiled. “Continue writing for your… future… wife…” the last world barely came out of her lips and she hated it. Why does Jaejoong have to involve her in that situation? He could’ve waited for Naomi and took her with him. Another thought that broke her heart.

There were so many things running inside her brain and it gave her headache. Jaejoong didn’t answer her question, but she didn’t know that it will be answered the very same day… at the time she wasn’t expecting it…

 

AAAAAoZEsNAAAAAAANgNVQ.jpg

 

 

 

 

“What? “ Yunho stood upon hearing the news for the SME president.” You want us to promote the concert first before the press conference? I thought we already cleared that thing up? We will explain everything to Cassiopeia and then the comeback.”

The other three members nodded their head in support for their leader. One was missing but nobody asked about him since they all knew hwere he was and who was with him.

“Yunho calm down.” Mr. Kang, their manager also stood and guided the leader back to his seat. “ I know how important for all of you to clear your name-“

“Hyung, it’s not all about clearing our name.” Yoochun cut him off. “We just want to protect our families. I don't want to see my wife and daughter being stuck inside the car and couldn’t go out because there are lots of angry fans waiting to devour them again. They couldn’t even go to the grocery without getting hurt. It’s our fault and we need to explain. We owe it to our fans and if they will still love us after everything then we will proceed with the comeback.”

“I know.” He said after scratching his balding head. But who was he to object? He was just the poor DBSK manager for Pete’s sake and the order came from the president itself. “But it’s the president’s order and one more thing…” he smiled. “You’ll be working with new sets of dancers. Female dancers.” He cleared his throat when he saw the guy’s reaction. He expected them to be giddy and excited but he got the exact opposite. Their stares threw sharp daggers at him.

Who will not be giddy and excited? Female dancers? For heaven’s sake. Any groups will sure laugh out of joy but not DBSK and they were sure that if Jaejoong was with them, he will not also agree on that idea. Not even Changmin who was still single just stared blankly at the manager who  remained silent after that.

But Yoochun got other things in mind.

“I know what the company is thinking.”

“I would have to agree.” Changmin hissed, reading his hyung's thoughts.

“They want the fans to believe that everything was just a rumor giving the fans false hope, with those new dancers flirting with us on stage will make fans believe that we are still single and the news about us getting married and having girlfriend was just a nonsense rumor and hope that it will die naturally.” He laughed mockingly. The company was just so smart.

Yunho and Junsu were obviously taken aback.

“What do you think my wife will think? What will Saki and Jaemi think and most importantly my daughter? Will you be responsible when one day, she will watch our concert and see that his daddy was dancing with those girls on stage after shutting his mouth about the issue regarding her and her mother?”

“Right.” It was Changmin.

“Yoochun…” Mr. Kang who was on the verge on anxiety attack tried to explain.

“Hyung… can’t you tell that to Mr. President?” Junsu batted in. “Jaemi was blamed because of that rumor and her life was put into danger. (spoiler!!!!) Saki has to wear disguise just to attend her classes. We are the artists here hyung, not them. We want our girls and Cassiopeia to be friends, not enemies.”

“Aish this funks.” The manager finally gave up. “Okay I will tell that to the boss but don't expect  anything yet.” He said before leaving the room.

“And we don't want the dancers.” Yunho followed before the door shuts close and smiled afterwards.

 

“Ah!” Yoochun heaved a sigh. “What are they thinking?”

“We will continue with our plan.” Yunho closed with determination.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong said nothing after writing. They folded the paper together and put them in the lock. It was one unique lock because it has a tiny secret compartment inside.

“I will give you the other key and you have to promise me that after five years, we will come to this place and read the letters.” Jaejoong once again smiled. He was smiling a lot that day and Mi Young also seemed to notice. He then placed the lock on one of the bar of the tower and gave one of the two keys to her.

“With our future husband?” She uttered rather bitterly.

“And wife…” he whispered back.

The atmosphere between the two became gloomy. Talking about the future suddenly scared Jaejoong. He can’t even imagine the girl beside him with another guy. Have he fell for her that deep? He was scared and wanted to take the girl in hostage and if he could, no man will even see her in person. He wasn’t that possessive and protective towards anyone, not even to Rei and Saki. Mi Young was different. She was a special kind of specie that took over his heart and sealed, locked and programmed it to only beat for her. If he had to move heaven and earth just for Mi Young to fall for him, he will do it and no one can stop him not even Changmin. He believed that they were meant to be, that fate brought them together. Yes… Fate brought them together… and dear fate will also play with them…

 

 

“I wonder what you write on your letter.” They were sitting at a bench on the tower. They were the ones left. The cold wind coming from nowhere and the coming winter made the two of them shivered. Jaejoong had his head rested at the backrest of the bench, staring at the setting sun while Mi Young was sitting beside him, constantly giving warm to her already covered fingers. Her mittens were so thick but not thick enough to have the warm she needed.

“That’s for my husband to know.” She answered, without looking at him.

“I’ll make sure I’m gonna be the one to read that letter.” He mumbled too soft to reach her ears.

“Huh?”

“I said, I think your husband will be frowning since your hand writing is not so nice.” He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the cold. His hands were also shivering but he was really willing to endure it since Mi Young was with her.

“Yeah.” She smiled.” But I will study hard and work on that so that my future husband will be proud of me.” She looked at him and added… "Thanks to you. I will not let you down.” She saw him smiled with his eyes close so she just sigh and looked at the disappearing sun but noticed his pale, unprotected and shivering hands so without having second thought, she gently took one and placed it in between her palms and rubbed them gently. Jaejoong was surprised when she did it but he didn’t react. He will never dare.

After a moment of silence, Mi Young thought that Jaejoong fell asleep. She swore she could hear soft snores coming from him.

She stared at his sleeping face. It was clear from any marks and shouted perfection. Any girl will feel ashamed of her face. Naomi was so lucky to have him. In a few days, her contract will end… and she knew that in a few days time, she would have to go back to Jeju since Naomi was still in America and she couldn’t work for her. The thought made her teary or rather, the thought of leaving Seoul made her sad… the thought of leaving her new found friends, the thought of leaving Jaejoong…

 

And then she whispered, thinking that the man beside her was really sleeping…

“Will it be too much if I ask to stay beside you… forever?”

 

Too bad he wasn’t…

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was almost 12:00 midnight and Mi Young was still up waiting for Jaejoong. He just took her home and after receiving a phone call, he went out again. She couldn’t sleep and there was a spurting nervousness inside her that told her not to stay in bed. She glanced at the wall clock for countless of times and stared at the door but still, no signs of Jaejoong. Saki wasn’t home that time because she had to do some paper works over a classmate’s house so Mi Young was practically alone. Jaejoong seemed okay when they left that morning. The food that she cooked for dinner was already cold. It was almost dawn and she was really nervous.

She was about to go to her room when she suddenly heard some footsteps on the front door. She knew instantly that it was Jaejoong so without even checking or waiting for him to knock, she quickly opened the door and she was greeted by a tipsy and drunk Jaejoong. He was too drunk to even hold himself up so she wondered how he got home. She looked outside and his car was nowhere to be found so she concluded that he took a taxi.

He was drunk. The last time she saw him on that state was when Kiyomi went to the States. He recovered and Mi Young saw the changes in him, well at least that what she thought. She felt a little sting. She still found it weird even though it wasn’t the first time her heart reacted that way. She thought that she was just afraid for him to be hurt again. But why would she feel that way?

She immediately put her thoughts aside and quickly helped the tipsy guy. She hung his arm over her neck and slowly walked him to the stairs. It was definitely a challenge for her since the stairs stared at her proudly.

“Ah yah...” her eyes narrowed. “What happened to this guy?” She talked to herself, panting and out of breath.

“M-Mi Young.” He said, barely audible.

“J-Jaejoong-sshi” she was kind of shocked and froze at her place when he lifted his head and looked at her straightly in the eyes. It felt like Jaejoong was reading her mind and capturing her soul.

He smile, the kind of smile that can make any woman swoon but Mi Young just looked away.

“Why?” she heard him say. “Why don't you look at me?” it was more of a plea.

“You are drunk.” She hissed but Jaejoong just chuckled and by her judgment, he just let go a hurtful chuckle.

“I am not.”

“Jaejoong-sshi.” But Jaejoong suddenly dragged and pinned her against the wall. It scared the hell out of her. Jaejoong’s face was so close to her that she could smell the mixture of alcohol and his perfume. It was an intoxicating scent that weakened her knees.

“Why?” he asked and she swore she saw his eyes glistened like he was about to shed a tear.

“J-Jaejoong…” was all she could whisper.

“Why now when you already took my heart?”

Those words… they were just whispers but they reached her ears like a rocket. They made her heart beat erratically. Butterflies suddenly flew inside her stomach like there was a feast.

“W-wh...” but before she could utter anything, Jaejoong took her lips into hostage.

 

And whatever happened after that, she swore to take it under the grave with her.

 

 

 

 

***************************************

Hi there…. Rook me a whole week to update this fic.. sorry…..

 

And oh.. about the dancers.. just forgive me….

 

@koreankendihi.. you will feel more sorry for Changmin in the coming chapter… ^^

@mieyLashhhhhhhhhhh!!!

@xtinamariayes those dancers were stressing me out but I just ignored them and succeeded…. And this chapter is for them… hahaha… well not really.

@butterfly555jae is so nice and unnie.. I rarely see you tweets…

@candyandreashaha.. thanks for the complement… Changmin will soon face something on the following chapter so please watch out for it!!!

@suzie1911unnie.. killing jiwon will morbid but I will try.. haha…. I never thought you can think that way…. But isn’t it nice to kill her? And oh kyu will support no one but himself… just watch out for it… (wink) love yah!

@ChunNong12one month will end in few days and well see what will happen next… ^^

@HurricaneVenusx3 one thing I can promise is that mi young will have a hell of suffering from her sister…. Promise….. (nod nod)

@Alzinaadmirer? Seriously? He freaks me out!!!  I’m trying my best to ignore him really and follow your advice.. they helped me a lot.. thank you!!! I also watched playful kiss. too bad it wasn’t a hit in Korea. It’s currently showing here in the Philippines and everyone loves it… Changmin and Jaejoong will put an end to their war… and I cant wait to write that chapter.. Probably the next one.. hihihi… swear… every comment adds pressure as in seriously!!!! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!! and question,, would you also want jiwon to get killed? Just a random thought…..

@lovkajaebling2hi!!! ^^ like I said, when Jaejoong is in love, he;s out of this world and will do anything…. Too bad the war will end soon….

 

 

 

There! I hope I missed no one!!! I feel so guilty because I got so busy and I failed to update often… sorry but im trying.. really.. I will not abandon this one the next two..promise….. love yah all and please keep on sending you reactions.. I love answering to them….

 I wish im free just like before… but work is keeping me all busy… not that im complaining… im just used having all the time for myself…. Now…. TT

 

Thank you and tweet me!!!!!!!

 

 

And here goes my mantra…

 

Comments… suggestions and violent reactions are loved loved loved!!!!!!

 

 

Till next time.. maybe tomorrow… hihihi///

 

aejae22

BY FATE