insecure

BY FATE

 

 

 

Awkward silence. Two words described the dinner held the night after the confrontation between the siblings and the rest took place. Jaejoong was eating silently while Saki felt worried. Her brother was eating silently as usual but the atmosphere that surrounded them was just so intense that she couldn’t even focus on her food. Mi Young came back after that ‘walk in the park’ with Junsu. And as an obedient servant, she never utter nor ask anything.

Only the cling and clang of the chopsticks were heard and it was making Saki’s eardrum explode with excessive silence. It was a serious exchange of words happened between Rei and Jaejoong and Saki couldn’t help but to feel guilty. She was the reason why the news was sent to Rei Mi in the first place so it was just understandable that Jaejoong will feel pissed or even mad at her.

“Oppa…” she wanted to start a conversation so badly to at least east the guilt inside her but Jaejoong wasn’t ready for it. The moment she said those words, he stopped eating and dropped his chopsticks so loud the Saki backed off a little. The noise even reached the kitchen and Mi Young immediately went to the dinning area to see what went wrong.

“Mi Young.” Jaejoong called her. He was angry but the gentleness of his voice towards the girl never left and Saki noticed it all. It was the kind of gentleness that Jaejoong didn’t give her. “We’re done eating. You can clean this all up.”

Mi Young just nodded but when she was about to touch the plates, Saki spoke again.

“Oppa…”

“Saki.” Jaejoong looked at her, warning. “I don't want to talk about it.”

“But…”

“I said I don't want to talk about it!” he banged her fist on the table that sent the two girls into shiver and Saki to tears.

He then realized what he did and calmed himself down before he apologized.

“We don't need to talk about it again. When you said you love Junsu, you left me with no choice but to accept and let you whatever you want to do. Now it’s my turn and I don't want anyone going against my way. Just get out of the way and we won’t have any problems.”

His words may have all the calmness and gentleness but they still hurt like hell. Saki suddenly felt left out. She was like a parasite that kept on barging in to Jaejoong’s life and doing things she shouldn’t suppose to do. She wasn’t the real sister in the first place. It was the truth that suddenly hunted her and she better shut up like what Jaejoong want before the words she hated the most come out from his mouth.

“I get it.” She looked down. “Sorry.” and stood up to go to her room.

Jaejoong sighed. He knew he said something that hurt his sister and he completely regretted it. He was so angry that he couldn’t digest things right. He knew he has to say sorry later on.

“J-jaejoong-shi…” Mi Young whispered with great fear.

Jaejoong saw it and smiled which stunned the girl. “I’m sorry if you have to see our fight.”

“Ah…” she shook her head. “Siblings do fight sometimes.”

His smile grew. “I guess you’re right. I forgot. You have a sister too.”

“Yes and we always fight.” She let go of a playful chuckle that amused him. It felt like heaven and the anger that he was feeling a while ago became history in an instant.

“A bloody one?” she captured his interest and there was no way that conversation was gonna end soon.

Mi Young laughed. It was the first genuine laugh she showed since she set foot in Seoul and it felt good for the both of them.

“I guess I regain my appetite. Join me.” Jaejoong offered but she politely declined.

“Come one. Saki didn’t eat her dessert. You can have it and it’s a command so to have to obey.” Again, he left her with no choice so even her face was red in embarrassment, she slowly sat on Saki’s chair and did what Jaejoong asked for and carried on with their conversation.

“Unnie is too serious about life. She wanted everything to be perfect. I am the total opposite.”

“Your Unnie, where is she?”

“In Jeju. She’s studying in a University. She said she wanted to be a reporter so she took…. Mass… mass..” she stuttered, unable to remember.

“Mass Communication.” Jaejoong helped.

“I have something to tell you and I hope you won’t get mad about it.” She suddenly turned serious after nodding in agreement with what Jaejoong said.

He stiffened instantly, silently telling his self to get ready. His ears and eyes focused on her like what she was going to say will determine his future. He was imagining too much. He thought that Mi Young will same something about his status on him, on how she felt on their first date, well a part of it was true so he listened very carefully.

“Unnie is the biggest fan of yours.” She awkwardly smiled and there was a little disappointment shown on Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Ah…”

“I’m sorry. I told Mr. Lee that I don't know about DBSK which was true until I saw you. Unnie collects your pictures. Her room was practically filled with it. Her day starts with a DBSK song and ends with it. She even calls herself cas….cas…”

“Cassiopeia.” He smiled slightly.

“Yah… that’s it. I hope you’re not mad.” Her eyes were pleading that melt Jaejoong’s heart. It was beating erratically. He never thought that her presence beside him can launch all the bombs hiding inside his chest.

“I…I’m not…” he stuttered. “She’s not the only one.”

“I know… there are lots of them right? Mr. Lee said DBSK are really popular.”

“Well, I guess not.”

“Huh? Why? You have so many fans. You can’t even go out from this house without any disguise on.”

“We’re not that popular since you don't know us.” Jaejoong pouted and the girl was taken aback. He glistened in front of her and butterflies started to fly again inside her stomach but she liked it. The sensation was strange but she enjoyed it very much. Talking to Jaejoong brought so much comfort that she never felt towards anyone before, not even to Changmin.

“I heard about you. But I didn’t pay attention to anyone except for Changmin.” She smiled but Jaejoong suddenly frowned. She said a wrong word and he wanted to yell that moment and shout to her that he’s much better than their maknae.

“C-Changmin?” he didn’t know how to act cool so that she wouldn’t notice his uneasiness towards the subject. They were talking about his biggest opponent, who will feel okay about that?

“Um.” She nodded. “He’s cute.” Since, she felt comfortable, she really said what was on her mind and even blushed a bit.

“C-cute?”

“Yah… and friendly.”

“You like him?” his voice raised and eyes widened. He transformed into a monster but Mi Young was too drowned on her thought about Changmin or just too gullible to notice. If the maknae could hear them, his smile would’ve reached Mars.

Jaejoong wanted her to say no or at least deny it but instead, she chuckled and blushed madly. It was an obvious answer, no need to hear it from .

“Well I guess your sister has better taste than you.” he mocked. It was the only way he could regain his composure and lost pride. But to his dismay, she agreed.

“You’re right. Unnie said you have lots of fan girls. Changmin has lots too but not many as you.” Jaejoong almost fell out from his chair. Colors vanished from his face.

“And you like him because of that?!” He was yelling but Mi Young didn’t seem to notice at all.

“Of course not. We went out already and I saw that he’s a nice guy. He’s also kind and very caring. I fell safe and comfortable whenever I’m with him.”

“Safe and comfortable?!” Damn he wanted to bang the table and wreck the whole house because of what she said. She was basically confessing her feelings towards Changmin and what made it worst was he couldn’t complain since he was the one who invited her to join him and opened the subject.

“Ah huh.”

‘Oh dear Lord, I’m going to have a heart attack.’ He secretly yelped.  He thought Rei and Saki were the worst when it comes to choosing guys but Mi Young proved that she ranked first place. He suddenly felt a headache starting.

“Are you okay?” She then asked.

‘Am I okay? Who will be okay if the girl you like is talking about someone else in front of you?’ he wanted to yell. “I’m okay. I just had enough for today” he tried to smiled but he was hurting.

“I should get going now.” She started to stand but Jaejoong suddenly held her hand and she gasped but some reason. She was electrocuted and with widened eyes, she pulled her hand away because of shock. Jaejoong was electrifying. She had the knowledge about it but she didn’t need to experience it first hand. Her sister will surely kill her if she will know that Jaejoong touched her hand. But come to think of it, she dated him already and worst of all, one thing that kept on coming back on her mind, she had seen him , half .  She corrected her own thoughts. His sudden actions made her sat again and tried to catch her uneven breath.

“From now on… I don't want you talk about Changmin or say anything about him. Let me remind you that you are still under the punishment I gave and that also forbids you to see him.”

“What?” her panicking face turned angry and confuse. Changmin is Jaejoong’s member and brother if her memory serves her right. So preventing her to see him was a total mystery. Why would he do such thing?

“Don't get me wrong.” Jaejoong tried to explain. “There is nothing wrong between us. It’s just that it’s part of your punishment.” He said calmly but hell it was late, too late. Mi Young’s head was hanging low already and zipped like she didn’t want to say anything to him again.

 

Jaejoong wanted to tell him that it hurts him to see her with Changmin or even talking about him. He badly wanted to say those things to her. He wanted to say that he likes her and wished that she would lay her eyes on him. He’s Kim Jaejoong, famous and handsome. Every girl, Cassie or not, falls for his undoubted charm. Every girl wanted to be his girlfriend and even have a single date with him. Every girl dreamed of seeing him or even held hands with him and even to live with him. Those were the things every fans wants and Mi Young was living the Cassiopeia dream but she didn’t even care. Jaejoong were on his knees. If she only knew that he was ready to do anything just for her to giggle because of something he did that made her happy would mean a world to him. Mi Young had a date with him, seen him , held hands with him and living with him. Jaejoong knew those things but at the same time hurts him knowing that she didn’t care.

It was Jaejoong‘s fault after all. He knew that she can turn those tragic moments into blissful one. He just have to tell the girl that he likes her and everything will follow but something was stopping him. It’s because he was afraid, afraid to get rejected. Mi Young’s feelings for Changmin added to his insecurity. Who would have thought that a guy like him would suddenly feel insecure with ?

Changmin is handsome, but Jaejoong is way handsome. He maybe tall but Jaejoong’s face compensate for his height. Changmin is famous but he’s more famous especially among girls and even guys. How many times did he receive indecent proposals? They all have but he holds the record of the most number of rings presented to the members.

 A thought suddenly entered his mind. One stupid thought that made him awake all night.

Changmin has a dark feature.

Ah huh…. A perfect example of tall, dark and handsome. How can he forget that girls also swoon for that type and Changmin perfectly matched it?

Jaejoong had the height, check. He holds a decent type of height. It was acceptable. Handsomeness, he had it overflowing and darkness… well in the inside but outside? He could pass for a vampire who hasn’t sip blood for a decade because of his pale skin. He admitted he needed some sun and that was something he hates. He hates the hot weather so how could he possibly have that perfectly tanned skin that Changmin naturally have? He didn’t want to lie on those scary tanning beds because he was afraid to get burned and toasted. Those beds made him feel like a piece of pork slowly grilling under red flaming charcoal. And one thing more, he didn’t think that tanned skin looks good on him.

That night, he so felt like Edward Cullen fighting for his Bella against the all tanned and hot Jacob in the person of Shim Changmin. He hated werewolves and praised himself for being on team Edward. And he was a perfect example of a vampire who wanted sun… a perfect way to kill himself.

He scratched his head and hissed as he unendingly rolled over his bed. It was almost morning but one single thought consumed all his remaining sanity. He never thought that Changmin was one hell of a rival. They were the complete opposite. The only thing they have in common was Mi Young and he wasn’t going to share, not at all.

One month was given to him. Changmin gave it just like that. Maybe because he was already sure that Mi Young will surely fall for him right away? Or maybe He already told her about his feelings? That thought made him shiver. He had to do something. He just couldn’t afford to stand and watch his lady love swoon over Changmin.  Time was ticking. And he had to do it fast.

 

 

“Dolphin-ah!” Saki cried on the phone and as expected, that instantly worried Junsu.

“Yah Mermaid. Are you crying? What happened? Did someone hurt you?” he asked, half panicking.

“I feel so alone here dolphin.” She snipped, making the screen on the phone all wet and sticky.

“Wait for me I’m coming over.” Junsu decided instantly. No one dare to make his mermaid cry. If someone made that mistake, she or he will surely regret it.

“No! I just want  to hear your voice.”

“Mermaid.” That made him a little calm. She was okay when they left.

He had a bit of idea that Jaejoong was behind her tears but he wanted it to come from her own mouth. He never said anything but to listen to all she wanted to say. He knew that will make her feel better.

Saki sometimes had the left out feeling since she grew up with only Rei and her fellow orphans with her. No one offered for her adoption.

 All her years in the orphanage, she grew up with the thought that no one wanted to adopt her and even Rei because they were different from other kids so she told herself to be strong and tell everyone that she is strong. Her biggest fear came alive when her only bestfriend all her life left to meet her family in Korea. She one day woke up without Rei by here side and that scared her the most.

Junsu owed everything to Jaejoong. He was and will be forever thankful to his hyung for looking after Rei that gave way for him to meet her. He couldn’t forget the happiness in her eyes when she told him that Jaejoong adopted her. Finally, she has a family to call her own. But that doesn’t give her the assurance she needed. Everytime Jaejoong’s mood changes, she would always turned anxious, thinking it was because of her and since they made up after their heart breaking break up, she told Junsu everything that she feels. He hears all her cries everytime she felt left out because Jaejoong didn’t include nor even asked for her opinion. It was just some petty reasons but Junsu understood them all. He knew Saki’s history and what she was going through. Jaejoong love her with all his heart and accepted her as his sister and no one doubted that even Junsu but Saki was the problem. Growing up without a family gave her all the insecurities a girl could possibly have.

Because of his so much love for her, Junsu even once consulted a specialist to help her and found out that she just needed enough love and assurance that she is accepted. She didn’t need any therapy, just love and the dolphin was more than willing to give it. How many times did he wish that the girl will graduate soon so that he can marry her already? But with what was happening, he knew that it wasn’t the time yet and with what Saki was feeling, he knew he had to do something, and that something was to do nothing. Even if it was against his will, he had to leave everything to her and to Jaejoong, he couldn’t interfere. It was a family problem after all.

 

 

****************************************************

 

Hi there.. sorry for the late reply... i will reply to your comments tomorrow when i post the next chapter... someone is coming....

 

send me your love please comment...

and please vote on my poll. it had nothingto do with the ending of this story. i just want to know which tewam are you..... thanks ^^

 

 

 

comments... suggestions and vilolent reactions are loved!!!!!!

 

aejae22

BY FATE