heartbeat

BY FATE

 

 

 

Hello to my new subscribers ^^

 

********************************************

 


Jaejoong listened intently as Ji Won continued with her litany, convincing him that Mi Young was the real Kim. He allowed her to talk and slightly nodded after she was done. Then it was his time to ask some questions. The first one made Ji Won a little uncomfortable and the second and last question made all her secrets out.

“Did my mother tell you about Saki?” Ji Won took a sharp breath and twitched an eye. She had to choose her words carefully but everything was planned so she continued.

“Omma said she left Saki with her old husband since she can’t bring someone with her. She had to run away so bringing a baby won’t help her at all.” She said and Jaejoong raised an eyebrow.

“I see.”

“Yes.”

“What makes Mi Young a Kim?”

And Ji Won was silenced. Her statement had some holes in it and she knew Jaejoong saw them all but she acted as calmly as possible.

“Your mother said it. She told me everything when she was still alive.”

Jaejoong smiled and silently commended the girl’s gut to say such words. It was amazing the she can easily put up a story and make everyone believe it was the truth but not him.

“You’re lying.”

“Huh?” Ji Won frowned and bit her lower lip. Obviously, there was a hole on her statement and Jaejoong noticed it.

“You said Mi Young is the daughter of your Appa and my Omma so that makes her a Han, not a Kim.” The frown on Ji Won’s face continued. She wasn’t expecting that Jaejoong was that smart. She was in a hurry that she forgot to plan the details and she was caught red handed but the game wasn’t over, at least not yet. She regained her composure by smirking and looking intently at the guy in front of her.

“So what if she’s not a Kim? Mi Young is still your sister whether you like it or not. She deserves to have what is rightfully hers.”

“Wise.” He hissed under his breath and matched the smirked he was given in spite of the painful truth that he can’t change.

“What are you planning now… Kim Jaejoong?”

“None of your business.”

Their voices were merely whisper but the intensity was deafening. They were cursing and shouting at each other but they can only hear themselves.

Jaejoong then stood as he heard some foot steps coming towards them. Mi Young was back and he had to do something that he didn’t even dream of doing.

He had to forget the love he feels for Mi Young and start loving her as his sister. What an awful truth.

 

 

 

You’re my sister Mimi. I have all the evidence to prove that. Why are you pushing me away? I’m your brother for god sake! Don’t do this to me!” Jaejoong snapped and pulled himself down to the floor. The last thing he needed was happening to him. He hated it and it gave him a major headache. He hugged his knees and grabbed his hair tightly, trying to lessen the growing headache as tears flowed uncontrollably. It was too much pain and he couldn’t handle another one. The only strength he had was Mimi and Saki and one of them was losing her grip.

“Oppa.” She kneeled down in front of him and sobbed. “I’m sorry…” she said and hugged him tight. Jaejoong hugged back and cried his heart out like a baby trying to find comfort from his mom.

“Don’t… don’t leave. You’re my sister. You’re my sister.” He whispered that made Rei Mi cry more. “I can’t… I can’t do this anymore please. I can’t…” His words were barely coherent and his sister just silently hugged him, trying to calm the both of them.

They stay that way until Rei Mi felt that Jaejoong fell asleep into his arms. She let him rest knowing that he badly needed it.  Changmin told her that Jaejoong was acting so weird for the last two weeks. He was okay and alive during their performances and he was like a dead person when he’s alone, always spacing out and mumbling something that no one can understand. He was making everyone worried. Jaejoong always answered with a smile or ‘I’m okay’ whenever someone asked him about how he feels. He never said a thing about him and Mi Young’s separation. No one wanted to bring it up in the first place, afraid that he will sulk more and torture himself.

 

Everyone was puzzled about his behavior. Yunho never allowed him to be alone even just for a second because he knew that Jaejoong was suicidal and it scared him a lot. But the stubborn Hyung always pushed them away and told them that he was okay and there was nothing to worry about but in fact, it was the other way around but no one dare to cross him so Changmin decided to stay with him at home and helped Rei Mi and Saki make sure that their brother was really okay.

But no one knew what Jaejoong was doing when he was alone inside his room.

A week before the revelation about Mi Young’s true identity was revealed. She took Jaejoong with her to visit the old house where her Omma used to live and from the moment, suspicions ate Jaejoong alive. That was the start of his silent battle for the truth. It was also the beginning of his struggle to put himself to sleep and trying not to think of it. The results were disappointing. The more he tried the more he failed.

On the third day of this tussle against loneliness and fear, he decided to visit a friend whom he hasn’t seen in a long while. He knew he can trust him. Not that he doesn’t truth s but that time he felt that it wont be  help to tell them anything since they were all busy with their schedules and afraid that he will just add another burden to them.

“Hyung!” Hyun Joong welcomed Jaejoong with a tight hug and a welcoming smile. It had been a while since they last saw each other and both of them were happy, well as least for a while.

But Hyun Joong’s sharp eyes immediately noticed something but he chose not to speak about it… yet. He offered him some tea after they sat on the large couch on his apartment but Jaejoong requested for some beer.

“Hyung.” The younger started as he opened the can for him. “How’s life?”

“Okay.” Jaejoong answer nonchalantly.

“Oh. Are you sure everything is okay?” he asked with a pinch or worry in his voice.

“Yeah. Jae chuckled at his dongsaeng. I’m very much okay.”

“Well, you don’t look like one.” It wasn’t sarcasm. It was the truth.

Jaejoong sighed. Hyun Joong was right. He wasn’t okay and far from being one. Fear and anxiety was slowly creeping inside him, unleashing the hell out of him. It was different from all the fear he felt before.  That time it came with pain and he can almost see it coming. Hints were cruelly thrown at him but he refused to accept it.

“You know you can always tell me everything.” Hyun Joong looked a t him from head to toe, examining every bits and details of his appearance. And judging his Hyung’s looks, he instantly noticed that something was happening but he couldn’t name it just yet.

“You’re crazy Hyun. Everything is okay. I’m okay.”

Hyun Joong also noticed that Jae already gulped three bottles of Soju within their fifteen minutes of talk. Jaejoong loves alcohol and can handle it well. But that moment, Hyun Joong realized that it wasn’t the same Jaejoong anymore.

“You look dead Hyung. Have you been sleeping? Those eye bags can touch the ground.” Jae just laughed him off but the younger continued anyway. “I know you’re busy with your comeback but it looks like you’re handling it the wrong way.” It was an honest observation and he was ready to be smacked for his words.

“I take my work seriously, that’s why.”

“And Yunho Hyung and the rest don’t? Come on Hyung, I’ve never seen you in that state before. You look like you’re ready to break any moment. I think it’s worse that the time when you and Rei Mi had a misunderstanding.”

“You’re just imagining things.”

“I hope so.” Then a pause. “Oh well…” Hyun Joong sighed in defeat. “If that’s what you want.”

But Jaejoong said something that triggered Hyun Joong’s painful past experience and with that, he knew he had to worry for his Hyung’s state because it was serious.

“Whatever happens, I’m the only one to blame for I didn’t see it coming so it’s all my fault. All my fault.” No one to blame but me.”  He started mumbling words that he could only understand. Hyun Joong swore there was a quick chill down his spine. It can’t be happening.

And Jaejoong’s visits to Hyun Joong went on until the latter proved his suspicions. And it only made it worst when Jaejoong went to Jeju with Mi Young.

It was a sign. Jaejoong was on the verge of depression. He perfectly knew the exact feeling since he had been there. Hyun Joong had dealt with his own depression that started when his band members had to go on separate ways. It was the moment his world collapsed. And seeing the signs on his Hyung was really scary. He couldn’t let it happen. He came out through it successful and so can Jaejoong and he promised to help.

“Hyung, Let’s go.”

“Where?” Jaejoong asked, not a bit affected by alcohol he took.

“Help.”

“Damn it!” Jaejoong violently threw the empty bottle of medicine on the floor, shattering it into million pieces. He had been taking medication since Hyun Joong forced him to visit a professional. He was so against it but the latter literally dragged him to his car. And he had been taking them for a month no but he couldn’t feel any effect. He was still restless and uncomfortable. He would feel a bit okay during their performances but he will return to normal after everything was over. Sleepless night became constant and his appetite didn’t return to normal like the drug promised. He wasn’t so happy about it so he dialed Hyun Joong’s number and asked him to buy the drug for him. He lied by saying that the doctor asked for it so the younger immediately obeyed. Jaejoong knew his dongsaeng can pull some strings and wouldn’t suspect anything since he was after his health.

Another bottle was delivered to him, another chance to over the depression that was eating the life out of him. All was kept hidden from everyone even to Saki and Rei. It was a secret between him, Hyun Joong and the doctor who was looking after him.

At least Jaejoong believed that the biggest bomb of his life was already dropped. His sisters helped him a lot to get through the day. He was slowly recovering. Slowly.

All he had to do was to monitor his emotions and try to open up with everybody. The first one was easy but the second was so difficult. Jaejoong preferred being alone and drinking. It was a no-no but he couldn’t help it. It was the only way for him to get at least three hours of sleep. And again, it was kept hidden but only he knew about it.

He had the reasons; he was mourning for the death of Omma and crying for the death of his heart.

Days flew by so fast and before everyone notice it, a month already past since that fateful encounter at Jeju Island.

DBSK was only a week away from their last performance for their album before they begin their world tour. But with Jaejoong’s deteriorating health, it was impossible.

 Yunho, the leader, planned to talk to their boss to postpone the world tour for a while until Jaejoong recovered but Jaejoong stood against it himself. He convinced everyone that he was okay and there was nothing to worry about. He even boasted that Changmin was taking care of him so well earning a nod from everyone. Jaejoong also told them that his body was undergoing so changes due the changing weather and he was trying to cope up. His convincing power was so prevailing that he successfully convinced everyone. But not Yunho, the maknae only assured him that everything was taking care of so he closed his mouth.

Jaejoong was okay.

Everyone believed his words.

 

Meanwhile, Rei Mi was excited. She was waiting for that day to come and she knew that everything will be settled and all of the sufferings will be put to and end. Her brother showed her the DNA test result she didn’t know existed and she was blown away and was beyond happy to know that she was the real Kim and will remain as one. But she was still hurting to the fact that her brother wasn’t taking anything easy. Sooner or later, they have to welcome the new member of their family, Mi Young, not as the way they wanted to welcome her. She will be welcomed as their new sister and not Jaejoong’s wife, from a lover to a sister, to the fullest.

“What are you cooking?” Yoochun looked over her hands roamed around his wife’s waist, making her flinched and giggled at the same time.

“Yoo-chi, you’re tickling me.” She tried to pull away but her husband didn’t allow her to. Instead, he blew some hot air into the crook of her which made all hair stand up.

“Yoo-chi!”

Yoochun was about to do more to her when he felt someone tugged his shirt.


“Appa.” Little YooMi scratched her head as she watched her parents especially her dad trying to do something erted to her mom (gets bricked ><)

“YooMi!” Yoochun immediately pulled off and carried her daughter into his arms.

“Hi there baby.” Rei leaned to her face and kissed her cheeks. “Are you hungry?”

“No.” the little girl pouted as she shook her head.

“We will have lunch at Uncle Jae’s house today. We will bring him lunch.”

“Really? The little girl’s eyes sparkled. “Can YooJae go too?” She was referring to her baby doll which she named after her unborn brother.

“Sure baby.” Yoochun smiled. “But promise me you’ll behave.”

“Um. “Goon Yoo is going to right?”

The Appa frowned. Ever since Junsu and Saki brought with them the little kid they met, Goon Yoo, the two little kids were so closed and eventually became best friends. Goon was treated as part of the family and always invited to every occasion much to Yoochun’s dismay.

“No, he’s not invited. “ For the first time, he didn’t have to worry about the curl boy he despised.

“YooMi then looked down and sniffed.  She looked like she was about to cry.

“Yoochi!” Rei smacked her husband’s shoulder. “Why did you do that? Do you really want YooMi to cry?”

“Well, I’m just telling the truth.” He shrugged. “That curly boy is not going anywhere near YooMi anymore.”

“Enough.” Rei hushed she already teary daughter. “Goon is in school right now so he can’t join us. Why don’t you get dressed and we’ll go to Uncle Jae’s house afterwards.” She said sweetly and the frowned immediately vanished in thin air.

YooMi nodded and hurriedly went to her room to get dressed.

“I really don’t like that curly boy.” Yoochun protested as he hugged Rei Mi from behind.

She rolled her eyes and smiled. Yoochun was acting like a child again, acting like his daughter was about to get married.

“They’re best friends so it’s natural for them to miss each other.”

“But that boy is older than our YooMi.”

“Just like you and me.” She chuckled and waited for his response.

And as expected, Yoochun was stunned and looked at his wife in utter disbelief.

“Mrs. Park, (;P) don’t tell me you like that boy for our daughter?” he was dead serious.

She laughed. “You’re not serious right? YooMi is barely four years old and what the kids have is nothing but pure friendship. You have a dirty mind old man.”

“Old?” he spun his wife so he can face her. Their faces were an inch apart and they could feel each other’s hot breath. “Who’s old?”

“You, you are old Park. She teased and Yoochun swore he was really tempted to eat his wife right then and there but YooMi came back fully dressed and smiled at them.

Yoochun immediately turned back against them, frustrated. Rei Mi laughed so hard and YooMi just watched them innocently.

“Yoochi, you need to change. We need to go.”

He hissed. “At this rate, Park Yoochun Junior will not be born soon.”

“Oh come on. We don’t need to talk about that in front of YooMi.”

“Alright.” He gave up. “So are you excited?”

“Yes.” It was Rei’s eyes turn to sparkle. “I’ve been waiting for this.”

“You cut the vacation of the old man.”

“You know he can always return. We just need the truth and he’s only one who can give it.”

“And then what?”

“I can’t explain it Yoochi, I don’t feel anything to Mi Young. I can’t see and accept her as my sister not because I don’t like her but because I see her more beside my brother.  Oppa is suffering so much right now that he can’t even mourn the death of our Omma properly. I just want this to end and I want him to be happy.”

He sighed. He had a second thought about asking a question but he did ask anyway. “But what if Mi Young is really your sister? You once told me she also loves to write her thoughts like you and your Omma. You have lots of similarities. Maybe you looked differently but that’s because you have a different father but that doesn’t hide the fact that things between you three were naturally alike.”

“I don’t want to think about it just yet. I’m positive that everything will be alright this day.”

“I don’t know but I don’t feel okay about this.”

 

Then everyone gathered to Jaejoong’s house to join him and Saki for lunch. It had been a long time since they got together because of their busy schedule. And as usual, Jaejoong acted so happy that everyone was there but he could never lie. His sisters saw his pain but they kept quiet.

Jaemi joined them with Yunho and she brought something with her. She brought Mi Young’s trinket box where she put all her letters. She was planning to give them to Jaejoong after their lunch so she had to wait for a while.

Then the doorbell rang. Rei smiled and volunteered to open the door but the person she was waiting for wasn’t the one who came.

“You.” She said in full bitterness.

“Get out of my way. I want to see Jaejoong.” Ji Won steeped inside and dragged Mi Young with her. Rei was so surprised to see the girl. She wanted to hug her but her sister didn’t allow them to.

“Kim Jaejoong!” Ji Won voice echoed inside that huge house and in an instant, everyone came to see the owner of that voice. And immediately went up to the giant staircase to look for him.

 “Ji Won.” Jaejoong hissed and Ji won smirked when she heard him.

“Oh great! Mi Young. There is your brother.” She smiled and forced Mi Young’s face to see Jaejoong.

The latter saw red. Mi Young looked liked him, messed up and in pain but bruises all over her face made her look worse.

“What did you do to her?!” He yelled and was about to attack her but Ji Won gripped Mi Young’s arm tightly and threatened to push her off the staircase if Jaejoong will make a wrong move. They were ten steps above everyone and a single push can kill a life.

Jaejoong’s heart was stabbed upon seeing Mi Young in that state. But he could do anything, afraid that her sister might do something stupid.

“What do you want? Please get down here and we’ll talk.” He tried to talk calmly as possible while everyone held their breath. They couldn’t do anything because Jaejoong motioned them not to so they stepped back. It was an intense scene and just by looking at them, their blood boiled to the highest degree especially Changmin whose fist were balled dangerously. Yunho secretly dialed the police’s number and talked to them in silence, reporting what was happening.

“Talk? So you want to talk now? Mi Young had been waiting for you to come back but you never did.”

“Oppa had to do something important! We are still trying to clear everything!” Rei Mi couldn’t help but to join it. She won’t allow Ji Won to just say whatever she wanted to her brother. Not in that house. Never.

“Shut up!” Ji Won eyes Rei Mi form head to toe and then smirked. “I’m not talking to you Park so keep that little mouth of yours shut. One wrong word and Mi Young will roll down this stair.” She warned and instantly, all the girls panicked.   Yoochun had to stay beside his wife so he can protect her.  They saw danger in Ji Won’s eyes and they had no idea of what she was capable of doing. “What do you need to clear? Are you looking for some evidence to prove that Mi Young is not your sister?”

“Hey! You shut up!”

“Saki!” Junsu was startled and went to her side in a flash, stopping her from doing anything unnecessary.

“Who are you? And why are you acting like you own Mi Young? We have no business with you so please leave this house before I kick you out myself!” Saki’s feistiness showed up and no one was surprised.

Ji Won just smirked and grabbed Mi Young’s neck and pushed her on edge of the stairs.

“No!” Jaejoong shouted and motioned them to stop, he obviously worried but can’t move. Everyone stood frozen and couldn’t do anything but watch as the whole scene unfolded before their eyes. “Saki shut up! Let me handle this alone!”

“But Oppa-“

“No!” exhaustion was evident on Jaejoong’s voice but he still forced himself to handle the situation.

“Ji Won, please step down and I promise we’ll talk about this in a nice way. Don’t hurt Mi Young.”

She laughed evilly and Jaejoong’s nerves wracked. “Guess what Kim Jaejoong, I changed my mind. Since your sisters can shut their mouth for their own good.”

“What do you want now?” His eyes narrowed in anger.

“One hundred million won.”

“What?!” all gasped.

“Are you crazy?!” Rei batted in again. “Why would we give you that money?”

“Why Park? Do you want all the Kim’s money for yourself alone?  You can give more than that amount right? Are you really that greedy? You have my Yoochun and now you want everything?”

“What?” Rei was astounded. “Yoochun?” she looked at her husband who was equally stunned because his name was mentioned. He swore it was the first time he saw that girl so he had no idea of what she was talking about.

“You took him from me.” Ji Won’s voice suddenly became soft and tears rolled down her eyes while Mi Young just shivered under her grip. “You took my bias away from me. I was planning to come to Seoul to marry him but you came and took him from me! But you know what? I changed my plan since I’m smart and I found Jaejoong!” And she was back to her evil self in an instant.

“You’re crazy!” Rei yelled in utter disgust.

“No! You’re the one who’s crazy! Yoochun doesn’t love you. He left you before right? He left you for his ex girlfriend. And that girl may rest in peace together with her sister who tried to hurt my Jaejoong!”

Yoochun’s eyes widened realizing what the girl just said. “Oh no you didn’t!”

“Oh yes I did! I’m smart!”

“You’re crazy and you’ll pay for it!” Despite what Yoona and Ga Hee did, he didn’t have the heart to see them dead and he was really astounded with what she heard. He didn’t think that Ji Won was capable to killing just for her bias. And that made him worry more for the life of Mi Young who was on her hand.

“I said I’m not crazy!!!!” she went ballistic and swayed Mi Young with her dangerously. Jaejoong’s heart almost jumped out of his chest when Mi young almost tripped down the stairs.

“Please! Stop this! Give Mi Young to us and I’ll give you what you want.” Jaejoong interrupted and Ji Won’s face softened once again.

“Really? We’ll talk?” she smiled like a child.

“Yes.” Jaejoong forced as smile as part of his plan to play with her so she would let Mi Young go. “We will talk and I will give you what you want.” He had to handle Ji Won with care until she release Mi Young and it was so dangerous and almost impossible.

“It’s you that I want Jaejoong. Will you marry me after I let Mi Young go?”

Jaejoong wasn’t prepared for it but as part of the play, he agreed and took his first step towards Ji Won.

“J-Jae, please don’t come near us.” He heard Mi Young’s hoarse and weak voice for the first time and his heard jumped for joy. He smiled and looked at her as if saying that everything will be okay.

But he was interrupted when someone entered the door.

“What are you dong? I kept on knocking but no one is answering! Glad I still have my keys with me.” A man in his mid fifties in suit looked at them angrily.

“Mr. Lee!” Rei immediately hugged the old man. Hope at last.

“Is that the girl you told me about?” He asked Rei and the latter only nodded, afraid to say anything.

“You can leave this house now in peace.” Mr. Lee demanded.

“No! I will not leave!” She went into panic again. “Mi Young is Jaejoong’s sister so she needs me with her!”

How Saki and Rei wanted to pull all the hair out of Ji Won’s scalp that time but yet again, they couldn’t, until she let Mi Young go.

Mr. Lee sighed. He was so calm like there wasn’t any commotion happening. “I guess it’s my fault for not telling you everything.

“What do you mean?” Jaejoong’s eyebrows furrowed.

“Your Mother never married anyone after she left you father. I knew she went to Jeju and she once called me that she found a family who took care of her. She met a fisherman who was a widower and he has two daughters. She said she grown to like the youngest because she reminds her of Mimi. She also told me that she sent letters to you but they never came. It was because of your father.” Everyone went silent while the old man talked including Ji Won. “So when Mimi called me and told me everything, I was surprised for a while. You found Eun Hye’s grave. I didn’t know she died. We lost contact after she called me.” There was an obvious sadness in the man’s voice since their mother was his friend.

“Her father killed my mother.” Jaejoong pointed at Ji Won and it was Rei’s turn to lose her self.

“You !” She ran towards her but Yoochun was fast enough to grab her waist, stopping her midway.

“Shut Up!” Ji Won yelled on top of his mouth. No one could stop her as she tightened her grip to Mi Young’s neck, chocking her in the process. “Give me what I want and I will give you Mi young.”

“I will ready the money as soon as possible.” It was Jaejoong.

“No honey, I don’t want the money.” She laughed crazily.

“What?”

“I want you. You will come with me and I will let this go. We go far away and we will live happily ever after.” And she laughed. She already lost it and everyone can see that.

“Oppa, please don’t listen to her. She will hurt you. Don’t trust her.” Saki begged. But Jaejoong made up his mind. Now that it was confirmed that Mi Young was not his sister, there was a renewed joy that crept inside his chest. He felt alive again.

“I will come with you.” He said and took a stop forward. He wasn’t afraid knowing that he was doing it for Mi Young and his brothers will surely do something to save everyone.  He slowly took a step until he was just three steps away from the two girls. “Let Mi Young go.”

“Jae.” Ji Won smiled and she left Mi Young go but the girl remained frozen as she watched Jaejoong being hugged and kissed by her sister. It was painful to see. She wanted to run and turn her head away but her body felt numb.

“Mi Young go.” Jaejoong whispered but Ji Won heard him and smirked.

“Not so fast.”

No one was expecting what Ji Won was about to do next. She hugged Jaejoong tightly and pushed Mi Young down the stairs wit her foot. Everyone gasped as they saw Mi Young rolled down the stairs.

“No!!!” Rei and Saki yelled but much to their surprised, Jaejoong didn’t move an inch. He remained inside Ji Won’s embrace.

“Move away!” Ji Won shouted and like robot, they obeyed  and made way for her and that was the moment when they realized that she was holding a small bloody knife and he was practically dragging Jaejoong‘s  limp body with her out side, with blood drips on the floor. But before she left, they perfectly heard Jaemi’s words as she cried over Mi Young’s almost life less body.

“Let’s take her to the hospital! She’s pregnant!”

 

************************************

^_^


 

aejae22

BY FATE