Steamrolled

You Again!?

Gyuri stood in her place and watched as Minhee joined the two in playing. Just as Jaejoong became more human and reachable to her, another blockade stood in her way. One that would, without doubt would require more than a simple question or two to move past. Gyuri thought about the fierce look in the woman's eyes. There was a passion behind them, despite the slightly crazy glare at times, Minhee was seriously and desperately in love with Jaejoong. Could she compete with that type of fearless love?

Seeing them together, Gyuri felt as if she was watching what Jaejoong's life could be without her. She felt a pain in her chest as the thought occurred to her. Feeling the pain she clutched at the top of her chest and looked down. Looking back up she saw Jaejoong smile and wave to her. Gyuri feigned a smile and waved back. Jaejoong motioned for her to join them outside but she shook her head, rejecting his offer and motioned that she was going to be back in a moment. 

Walking away, Gyuri wandered around the house looking for the bathroom. Finding one, she realized that the pain in her chest had spread and her stomach was now also paining her. Why is it like this? As she tried to figure out what was happening she felt the pain continue to spread and soon she felt short of breath.  

Taking a moment she shut her eyes and tried to clear her mind, hoping that she'd somehow feel better. As she gathered herself she was able to exhale and look up to see her own reflection staring back at her. Gazing into the mirror, she couldn't recognize the person looking back at her. Her forehead lightly glistened from a cold sweat and her cheeks were flushed red from panic.

Not liking the vision in the reflection she quickly the water and washed her face, making sure to skip over her eye makeup. After washing her face, she then fixed her hair. She pulled a hair band out of her pocket and quickly placed her hair in an tight bun. Looking at her appearance once more, Gyuri felt better. This was who she was, strong, put together and calm.

Smoothing down one last piece of hair, Gyuri was interrupted by the ringing of her cell phone. Looking down she saw that it was another text message from Hyukjae.

Looking at the message Gyuri decided to call him back instead of messaging him.

--- 

"Gyuri?" Hyukjae said as he answered the phone, surprised that she called him. 

"Yes, it's me."

On the other end Hyukjae smiled. "It's nice to hear your voice." 

"Where are you?" Gyuri asked. 

"I was just killing time and wanted to know if you could meet up with me. I was around your neighborhood."

"I'm not at home. I'm on the outskirts of the city in fact."

"Why?"

"I'm with Jaejoong." She said nonchalantly. 

"Why'd you call then?"

"I was wondering if you'd give me a lift home." Gyuri replied.

"Uh? You want me to take you home?"

"Could you?"

"What about him?" Hyukjae asked, thinking of what she finished asking. 

Gyuri smiled walking out of the bathroom. "He's fine, he's playing around right now so I don't want to bother him. I can give you the address."

"Okay. I'll be there in a bit then."

---

Gyuri gave Hyukjae the address and casually walked outside to join Jaejoong and the others.

"Finally!" Jaejoong exclaimed as he saw Gyuri approach them. Seeing her sharp appearance, he reached for the tight bun on the back of her head. "Are you a plane stewardess?"

Gyuri let out a small laugh, "This is my usual style." Walking out of his reach she turned to Go Eun, "Can you show me around your playground?"

Go Eun smiled and reached her hand out to Gyuri. "I'll show you my favorite spot."

"I'd like that." She replied holding the little girl's hand. 

Minhee narrowed her gaze on Gyuri as they walked away to the other side of the yard. Minhee wasn't sure what to make of Gyuri yet, whether she'd give in or fight and based upon her actions she managed to hide whatever plans she had. Changing her attention from her new rival to Jaejoong, Minhee spoke up. "Will you two stay for dinner?"

Not moving his gaze from Gyuri and Go Eun, he replied. "That'd be nice."

"Then should I make your favorite?" Minhee asked hoping to get his attention.

Smiling as he watched Gyuri play with Go Eun he didn't hear Minhee.

"Jaejoong?" Minhee said tugging on his sleeve to get his attention. 

"Go Eun likes her doesn't she? " 

"Uh?"

"I'm relieved." Jaejoong said exhaling. 

Minhee looked down at her feet, the smile on Jaejoong's face was too bright. Her own expression was ugly and filled with envy. "I'll go start cooking."

Jaejoong finally looked over to her as she turned. "You're going to make dinner?"

Happy to receive his attention, Minhee smiled. "Any requests?"

"Do you have any beef?" Jae asked, thinking of Gyuri's favorite meal. 

"I do."

"Great, I know what we can make."

"We?" Minhee repeated.

"Yeah, I'll help." Jaejoong said smiling. 

A wide smile formed on Minhee's face as she turned to the house with Jaejoong following. 

Gyuri watched the pair go back into the house. She turned her attention back to Go Eun and continued to play and talk. It had been a long time since she had been around little kids. She would always see them at the park but she hadn't actually played around and talked with them. Being much older, she felt more like an aunt than a older sister to Go Eun. If her own siblings had children she'd probably play more like this. Or if she had her own children... 

Gyuri shook her head and continued to play. After a short while both Go Eun and herself, mostly herself  were getting tired and decided it was best to go back inside. As the pair walked back into the house they immediately smelled something cooking.

Walking into the kitchen, Gyuri saw a harmonious scene play out before her. Both wearing aprons, Minhee and Jaejoong worked side by side in the kitchen, preparing dinner.

Walking in front of Gyuri, Go Eun spoke first."Were you making dinner?"

Her soft voice was heard and the pair was greeted by both Minhee and Jaejoong. 

"Is it ready?" Go Eun asked further.

Smiling at her niece Minhee nodded. "In just a little bit it'll be done. Go wash your hands."

"Okay!" Go Eun chirped and turned to Gyuri. "Auntie should also wash her hands."

Gyuri smiled and nodded. "We'll go together."

After washing their hands, the duo walked back into the kitchen. Seeing Jaejoong work seriously while cooking, Gyuri smiled. Just then, there was a light knock at the door.  

Looking towards the door Gyuri spoke. "That must be my ride."

The cooking pair looked over to her. "Your ride?" Jaejoong asked confused.

Gyuri smiled. "Earlier I wasn't feeling too well but I didn't want to worry you. Right now I'm actually still not feeling too well. My stomach has been feeling really bad. I called a friend to drive me home."

"I can take you." Jaejoong said taking a step in her direction.

"It's okay, they are already here and dinner is almost ready. I can't eat so you should enjoy the meal."

Minhee's gaze of curiosity turned to satisfaction, perhaps Gyuri was not as formidable as she originally thought.

Still confused, Jaejoong sighed. "Are you sure?"

Gyuri nodded. "I'll be going now." She turned to Minhee and to Go Eun. "It was nice meeting both of you."

Minhee nodded and Go Eun bowed to Gyuri. "Visit again, okay? Bring Uncle with you too."

Gyuri smiled and patted Go Eun on her head before turning towards the door.  

"Let me walk you out at least." Jaejoong said, upset at the turn of events. "You should have told me you weren't feeling well."

"I just didn't want to spoil today."

"Well you leaving isn't exactly making me happy right now."

Gyuri smiled at Jaejoong sweetly. "Thanks."

"So who's picking you up?" Jaejoong asked.

"A friend." She answered. Hearing the knock at the door again, Gyuri opened it.

When the door was opened all the way, Hyukjae was revealed standing in front of the pair with his hair styled and shades covering his eyes.

Instantly recognizing the man, Jaejoong's expression grew dark.

Hyukjae's expression was also less than welcoming seeing Jaejoong, but with shades covering his eyes he was able to appear unfazed. He turned to Gyuri. "Are you ready to go?"

"This is the friend you were talking about?" Jaejoong asked as soon as he heard Hyukjae's question.

Gyuri nodded at both of them and turned to Jae. "I'll see you later?" 

Watching Hyukjae, Jaejoong shook his head. "I'm taking you. He can leave."

Gyuri let out a small laugh and turned to Hyukjae. "I'll meet you in the car."

Jaejoong looked at Gyuri as Hyukjae walked back to his car. "You're not going with him."

"I am." She replied. "My stomach is really hurting me. I'll feel better after I get some rest, I want you to stay and spend more time with Go Eun. She might like me less if I take you with me. Right?"

Jaejoong's expression was still dark even though Gyuri had rationalized her need to departure without him well. 

Seeing his face, Gyuri sighed "Here." she said wrapping her arms around Jaejoong. Standing on the tips of her toes she lightly met his lips with her own and put her arms down.  "Don't be upset." 

"Now you definitely can't leave." He replied pulling Gyuri closer to him. Having Gyuri be the first to make a move was always so rare, that whenever it did happen he felt his heart leap out of his chest. It also made it harder for him to say 'no' to her.  

Gyuri smiled and hugged Jaejoong in an inhale. "I'll see you tomorrow. I need to sleep this pain off."  

"Just give it to me." Jae replied, reluctant to let Gyuri go.   

Moving out of his grasp, she smiled again. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Jaejoong walked alongside Gyuri as she exited the house. Seeing that Hyukjae had his window rolled down and was in view, Jae grabbed Gyuri's hand and laced their fingers together. Making sure Hyukjae watched, he pulled Gyuri close to him and in front of the car, kissed her then looked over to Hyukjae to make sure the message he was trying to convey was sent.

Reacting to Jaejoong's sudden actions, Gyuri hit him and pulled away, walking toward the passenger side door.   

"I'll see you tomorrow." he said out loud to her.

Gyuri waved as she got into the car. 

Making sure she was ready to go first Hyukjae then quickly sped off, but not before giving a slight smirk to Jaejoong. 

In the car, Gyuri turned to Hyukjae, "Thank you."

He smiled. "I'm glad you called me. I've been wanting to see you."

"You look well."

"I look cool right?" He said pointing to his styled hair and sunglasses. 

Gyuri laughed. "Wearing sunglasses inside a car with tinted windows isn't that cool."

"You used to say I looked cool like this."

"I was just humoring you back then though."

"Liar." Hyukjae replied.

She laughed again as he tried to take sunglasses off without looking pathetic. "You're still the same in that way."

Looking over to Gyuri he smiled. "I'm still me, just upgraded."

She chuckled and shook her head at his comment. 

Driving home the two talked and reminiscing about the past, Gyuri was reminded once again why Hyukjae had been so important to her. They used to have so much fun together and shared so much in common. To completely abandon a relationship so precious was a shame. Being friends again... it was definitely possible. 

Arriving after some time, Gyuri got out of the car and waved as Hyukjae took off. Walking into her apartment complex, she was surprised to find three men standing outside her door. Walking closer she questioned them. "Did you need some directions er? Can I help you?"

"Are you Park Gyuri?" the oldest looking gentleman asked squinting at her.

Confused about what was going on, she wasn't sure whether or not to tell the truth.

The man sensed her hesitation and smiled. "Don't worry, it's nothing bad. You've just been summoned."

"Summoned?" Gyuri repeated.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Again!~~~ Is it just me or is this chapter kind of everywhere? lol.... sorry. 

Also kind of long huh? That's good though right? :D I loved the strong reactions y'all had with Minhee. <3 She's fun huh?

Thanks to all my subs! Especially those that comment! Y'all are seriously THE BEST!!! I love you all <3