Secrets

You Again!?

[Thursday] 

"Omma!" Leah called from the living room.

The young woman was visiting her ex step mother and stood before an unfamiliar picture frame.

"Yes?"

"Did you just put this picture out? I don't remember seeing it here before." 

"Are you talking about the one by the lamp?" So Hyun replied from the kitchen. 

"Yeah."

"Yes it's new, isn't it lovely?" She said rejoining her old step daughter in the living room.

"Unnie's really dating him?" Leah asked, picking up the candid shot of Gyuri and Jaejoong sitting at the dinner table beside each other. 

"Yes, it's a perfect match too." 

"I don't like him with her."

So Hyun angrily glared at Leah. "Why? He's perfect! He comes from a good family, treats her well, has a good job. What more could you ask for?"

"He is nice, but he has secrets, I can see them in his eyes." 

"Everyone has secrets, why should he not have them too!?" So Hyun replied, bopping Leah on the head. 

"Omma! That hurt." She whined, rubbing the place where she was hit. "It's just that... I know I remember him from somewhere. It was a party or something like that. I just can't remember still."

"Stop talking nonsense and put the picture down, I need your help in the kitchen."

"Yes Ma'am." Getting up from her place, Leah put the photo down and followed her old step mother to the kitchen. 

_________________________________

[Friday 5:14 PM]

"Let's go on a date today." Jaejoong said, sitting on the corner of Gyuri's desk.

"Date? Today?"

"Yeah, I don't think we've been on enough of them."

"But we each other almost everyday." Gyuri said, shutting down her work computer and packing up her laptop. 

"That's not enough." He said tapping hands on her desk.

"It's enough for me." She replied, walking around her desk, passing Jaejoong by. "You taking me home?"

"How about I have you home by 12:00?"

"I'll just take the bus." Gyuri said, walking out of the office. "I'll see you later."

Swinging his own bag behind him, Jaejoong smiled and walked out the doors catching up to Gyuri in the elevator. "Is that the jacket you brought today?"

"Yeah. Why?" Gyuri replied.

"It's supposed to snow today. You're gonna get cold."

"Well, the sooner I get home the better huh?" Gyuri said pressing the main floor button.

The same half smile formed on Jaejoong's face. "Why are you so opposed to dates? Isn't that what normal couples do on weekends?"

Gyuri turned to Jaejoong. "Since when did you become normal?"

He let out a laugh. "But we've been on dates before."

Gyuri looked away from him. She had been trying to just "go with the flow" but every time she imagined how the next date would go it always ended up  in the same place. Always. Gyuri looked looked back up.

"It's stressful."

"Eh?"

"Dates are stressful, I'd rather just be like this with you. Just standing beside you, talking with you. Anything more causes me stress and I don't want things to go wrong between us."

Jaejoong smiled hearing Gyuri's words. As the elevator doors opened he held her hand and began walking.

"What are you doing!?" Gyuri said following Jaejoong out into the main hall.

"Taking you home."

"Our hands. Let go, it looks bad if others see."

"Who cares, we're not on company time and everyone know we're together. I want to hold your hand right now."

"Ya! Stop it."

"Date today?" He asked looking back at her.

"Fine I'll go on a date, just let go." Gyuri said whispering. 

Halfway down the hall Jaejoong let her hand go and proceeded to lock arms with her. 

Gyuri sighed. She should have known better by now.

The two walked out into the cold weather and over to Jae's car and got in. Gyuri turned to Jaejoong and lifted her left hand with only her index finger out.

"Once place."

"Fine."

"Within a reasonable distance." 

"Okay."

"One hour."

"One hour?" Jaejoong repeated.

"Yes. It's already really cold and you said it was supposed to snow."

"Give me 'till 11:00 PM." Jaejoong bargained.

"7:00 PM"

"12:00 AM"

"7:00 PM"

"3:00 AM"

Gyuri let out a frustrated laugh. "That's not how you're supposed to bargain!"

"It's how I bargain, so 5:00 AM?"

"How does 5:00 AM even make any sense?"

"It makes sense to me."

"7:00 PM today or nothing."

" 'Till tomorrow evening."

"10:00 PM today, take it or leave it."

"The entire weekend."

"11:00 PM."

"Perfect."

Gyuri sat back in her seat, sighing while Jaejoong happily started the car and began driving.

Looking out her window, Gyuri noticed the clouds above them slowly gather and darken, it was going to snow soon. 

________________________________________________________

Oh my gosh! I have 50 subscribers to this story now ;~; Thank you all.

I'm so happy! I hope you all continue to like my story!