Harmless

You Again!?

______________

"Know him from? You mean you did meet him before?" Gyuri questioned Leah over the phone.

"Yeah, I remembered. I met him at a funeral. There's more to the story, but I think we should talk in person for the rest of it."

"Funeral? In person?" Gyuri shook her head, confused about conversation she was having.  

"Yes, I'll be over to your place soon."

"No!"

"Unnie?" Leah asked.

"I mean. I'm at work, I won't be home until tonight."

"Well then tonight! I have a lot to tell you. It'd also be best if you didn't see Jaejoong for a while."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll tell you tonight. I'll call before I come over."

______________

Leah ended the call before Gyuri could speak up again.

What in the world was she going on about? They met at a funeral? More to the story? Don't see him for awhile?

Gyuri moved the phone away from her ear and looked down at it. A text message had just come in.

The weather is getting colder, Stay warm today ^^

- Hyukjae

Another harmless message. After Leah's confusing phone call it was a welcomed distraction. Gyuri hit the 'reply' button and took her clothes into the guest room to change. 

______________

Gyuri walked back out to the living room dressed in the ugly sweats she hardly wore last night and picked up her wet clothes where she had left them the other day. She put them in the washer and sat down on the living room couch and waited for Jaejoong to join her. She looked down at her phone and smirked, another little message had just lit up her phone's screen. 

It was nice, receiving small friendly text messages. Maybe one day they could become friends again. He used to be a really precious friend. Maybe one day...

As time passed, Gyuri started to become confused as to why Jaejoong didn't join her. She was sure he woke up, but as she sat on the couch alone she began to wonder. She got up from the couch and walked back into the sun lit room to find Jae asleep beneath the covers.   

Talking with Leah made her once again realize just how little she still knew about him. Gyuri told herself she would not be so held up with his past but she just couldn't help herself. Who was the man that made her crazy? When did he start smiling so brightly? Why didn't he smile that way as a child? What other things did she not yet know about him? What did Leah know that she didn't? 

Looking away from him and around the room, her eyes fell upon the photo of Jaejoong and a young woman smiling happily together. At the time, it was the her only window into the origin of Jae's smile. Focusing on the woman in the picture, Gyuri found the woman's beauty to be more suitable to Jaejoong than hers. It wasn't that she didn't think she was pretty herself... it was just that the woman matched him really well. 

Still enamored with the photo, Gyuri could tell that the woman must be an important part of Jaejoong's life. Most likely a girlfriend or perhaps the woman was someone he could never have... Gyuri struck down the second idea as soon as she thought it. Jaejoong wasn't the type of guy any girl would turn down. Or maybe he was and she had just become too blinded by his brilliance that it her impaired her view of him. 

Feeling the presence of someone in the room, Jaejoong opened his eyes and watched Gyuri sigh and tilt her head as she stared down at the photo. He smiled, her genuine curiosity was endearing. Just as he wanted to know everything about her, she too wanted to know more about him. It was a great and satisfying feeling. Maybe this feeling was the reason he had still yet to tell her more. She really still had so much left to learn about him... not that he thought that it was necessary for her to know as he enjoyed living in the present much more than he did revisiting the past.

The imbalance in information, Jaejoong felt that it gave him some form of an edge over Gyuri and since she was such a sharp and strong woman he enjoyed having that edge over her. Plus, if she knew everything, what would she think of him? She still had yet to tell him what he wanted to hear, but he wanted her to be sincere. Maybe she didn't feel that way yet that's why she didn't say it...

Jaejoong suppressed a laugh, he caught himself worrying the way Gyuri did. It was funny how she made him feel that way. Now quietly getting up from the bed, he snuck up behind Gyuri and wrapped his hands around her.

"Gotcha."

"What else don't I know about you?" Gyuri asked calmly, still looking at the photo. 

"A lot. Do you wanna talk about that now?"

Gyuri looked down, asking for it over and over again was making her feel pathetic. "Right now?"

"Yeah."

She looked over her shoulder towards Jae. "We'll have more time to talk about that later, won't we?"

"As far as I'm concerned, we'll have nothing but plenty of time together."

Gyuri smiled. "Yeah. We will... Now let go."

"No."

"I didn't say it before, but your breath..."

"My breath?" Jaejoong questioned. 

"You haven't brushed your teeth yet have you?"

"No."

"I can tell. Your breath is gross."

Smiling devilishly, Jaejoong tightened his grip and tried to move towards Gyuri's face. "It smells?" he asked breathing heavy.

"That's so gross, Stop it!" 

"Kiss me!"

"No way! Stop it!"

Playing the only way the two could, the thoughts and worries that plagued them both disappeared. They knew they would have more time to figure everything out later. In the mean time they would enjoy the present set before them.   

______________________________________________________________

Happy New Year to all you lovely people!

I can't believe I let a full month pass without updating! >.<;; Please accept my deepest apologies readers! As always, thank you new and old readers for reading my story and commenting.