Share

You Again!?

"If you ran like that back in High School, you would have been recruited to a top school." Gyuri said, complaining to her friend.

"You're just losing your edge." Eunjung replied back to her while knocking on the door.

The trio stood dressed casually in front of Gyuri's mother's house.

"Omonim! Eunjung-ie is here~" She called out to the door.

Gyuri's mother, Park So Hyun answered the door and was greeted by a smiling Eunjung, a sulking Gyuri and the same handsome stranger she met last time.

"Omo! Eunjung-ie, is this the surprise?" she said, looking at Jaejoong.

"Yes, yes." Eunjung replied walking in the home.

"Nice to see you too mom." Gyuri said following Eunjung inside.

"Yeah, you too dear." So Hyun turned her attention to Jaejoong, "It's been so long I was worried you gave up on Gyuri."

Jaejoong let out a laugh and smiled sweetly at So Hyun, "I like her too much to give up."

"You're such a patient man." So Hyun said admiring him, "Come in, come in!"

Jaejoong looked around as So Hyun escorted him inside. Walking through the fairly sized, western-styled home he felt as if he entered a time capsule with Gyuri's past laying out before him on every wall.

Gyuri continued to sulk. Why was he able to learn even more about her, while she had yet to learn more about him, his life and his past?

Gyrui and Eunjung walked into the dinning room and were greeted by Hyunbong and Leah, Gyuri's uncle and her one time stepsister.

Leah's eyes grew wide seeing Gyuri. "Unnie! It's been so long!" she jumped up and hugged Gyuri, "Omonim, said you'd be coming over! I was so upset when I heard Nicole was already in the States. I could have met up with her for a little bit while I was still there. So how have you been?"

"I see you're still calling me unnie..."

"Of course!" she chirped.

Jaejoong walked into the dinning room.

"Your house is cute." Jaejoong said to Gyuri.

Leah looked over to the stranger. "Who's he?" she asked.

Jaejoong looked at the girl. She was young, maybe two or three years younger then Gyuri.

"Gyuri, tell Leah who he is." Eunjung said elbowing Gyuri.

Gyuri sighed, tuned her head away and mumbled, "He's my boyfriend."

Jaejoong hadn't known about the bet and he was also surprised to hear her say that, but he played along.

"Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you both. I'm Kim Jaejoong."

"You are dating already?" So Hyun had walked back into the room, "I thought Gyuri was still giving you the run around."

"It's just because she's so shy about it that she didn't tell you earlier."

So Hyun nodded, "She is like that." she walked into the kitchen and came back with a tray of tea.

"So you must be Gyuri's Uncle?" Jaejoong said, sitting down at the table.

"I am. I'm Lee Hyunbong So Hyun's younger brother."

"Younger by only a year. Stop acting as if there is a bigger ." So Hyun snapped to her brother.

"And you are?" Jaejoong looked over to Leah again.

"Gyuri's stepsister Leah." she said watching him closely.

"Stepsister?" he looked to Gyuri.

"We're no longer stepsisters. It's a long story." Gyuri said.

"It's not that long." Eunjung interjected. "I'll explain it, if you don't mind." she cleared , "Omonim, married Leah's father about 11 years ago and then they separated about 5 years ago?"

Leah nodded, "I was in town and I haven't seen them in a while... You look really familiar to me." Leah said looking at Jaejoong. "I met you before, I know I have."

"I don't recall." he said, not recognizing her.

Gyuri watched them, the conversation was eerily similar.

Leah stared at Jae, trying to figure out where she knew him from. "I can't remember, but I know, I know you. Kim Jaejoong."

"Well while you try to figure that out, how about we eat? Gyuri, Eunjung, help me carry out these side dishes." So Hyun called from the kitchen.

Gyuri's mother had cooked a lot. "I'm not sure what you like but please try everything." she offered to Jaejoong.

"It looks great." Jaejoong feasted on the home cooked food. His own mother didn't cook a lot by herself so he was used to a different style of food. When he did try completely 'home made' food he fell in love, which is why he loved street vendors. He loved the different style of cooking.

"So, where do you work Jaejoong-shii?" So Hyun asked, trying to learn more about him.

"We're partners." Jaejoong said motioning at Gyuri.

"Partners?" So Hyun repeated.

"Yes, we work together."

"You do!? So, when I first met you?"

"We actually didn't know we'd be partners at the time. We happened to meet beforehand by chance."

"Really!?" So Hyun smiled delightedly and clapped her hands together, "It's fate."

Gyuri choked on her food and began coughing.

"Slow down." her mother sternly told her.

Gyuri gulped down some water and saw Eunjung and Jaejoong's smiling faces.

So Hyun continued to ask Jaejoong questions thought dinner.

Through the questions, Gyuri learned that Jaejoong was the only son with an older sister. He also had already served in the services, went to college in America and could speak English. Gyuri felt it strange that she didn't already know these basic things about him.  

With dinner finished, So Hyun started bringing out old pictures of Gyuri and shared them with Jaejoong. Much to Gyuri's dismay and disapproval. 

Jaejoong enjoyed being in the family's company, they were all very warm, welcoming and open to sharing different stories about Gyuri. With every picture and story he learned a little bit more about her.

Annoyed, Gyuri had left the room, whether she was there or not they were going to talk about her. She'd rather not hear the stories, so she left to the backyard.  

Also leaving the others, Jaejoong followed Gyuri to the small backyard area. She was kneeling down pulling weeds out of the small home garden and throwing them in a pile.

"You managed to escape?" She said hearing him walk towards her.

"They're watching a movie now... You know, I'm jealous of you. Your family is fun to be around." he said squatting down beside her.

"Crazy really is your style isn't it?" Gyuri said looking over to him. "What's your family like?"

"Boring."

"Sounds nice." she sighed, "Wanna trade?"

"How about we share?" he asked pulling a weed and throwing it into the pile.

"Share?"

"Yeah."

"I want to meet them first." Gyuri said quietly.

"You want to come over to my house for dinner?" he brushed his hands off and stood up.

"Uh?" she said standing.

"It's only fair right?" Jaejoong replied.

"Well..."

"You should know that I rarely introduce them to anyone."

"Why?" she asked, cleaning up her hands.

"They, well, my father doesn't like wasting time on people he deems unimportant."

"Would he meet with me?" she asked. Was she important enough?

"You'll definitely be able to meet him." he smiled, "He'd like you."

Gyuri looked over to Jaejoong and smiled. She was starting to feel important to him.

He turned his head in time to see her smile at him.

"Does it really make you that happy?" he teased.

"Yeah, it does."

Her honesty made his heart skip a beat, he reached out to her.

"Don't move." he said.

"Is there a bug on me!?" Gyuri said, suddenly startled.

"Don't move." he repeated.

Gyuri stayed still. She hated bugs. She knew she shouldn't have been in the garden.

"Please get it off!" she asked, shutting her eyes.

Standing in front of her, he put his arms around her back and kissed her again.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Two chapters released in one day! A rare occasion! \o/ This was originally a really long chapter but I cut it down after I started writing the next one, sorry! Still hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading and commenting~ <3