Elevator

You Again!?

He was acting on his own impulses, it was not unlike him to do what he wanted at any given moment but he hadn't felt this type of impulse in a while. In that moment he wanted to know what it felt like to kiss her, to hold her, to be intimate with her. He continued to close the distance between them.

Eyes now closed, Gyuri could feel his breath on her lips. Nothing about the moment felt real. She was convinced that she was still asleep on the roof until the loud "Ding" of the elevator pulled her back into reality.

Her eyes flicked open.

Jaejoong hadn't been alarmed by the loud noise as she had been. He became alarmed when she moved her face out of his hand just as his lips lightly touched hers. He opened his eyes and turned his head in the same direction Gyuri did. The elevator doors had opened to reveal a pair of eyes looking at them.

Gyuri was both horrified and relieved to see her assistant's bewildered face.

Jungmin had dropped his binder of reports seeing them together. Whether they had just kissed or were about to, he was unsure. The only thing he knew for certain was that something was going on between the partners.

Gyuri walked out of the elevator first and picked up Jungmin's binder. "Is this for tomorrow?" she asked, acting as if nothing happened.

Jungmin looked at her and blinked. "Um, yeah. I uh."

"Thank you, as always." she responded, holding his binder.

Jaejoong walked out of the elevator and stood behind Gyuri.

Finally finding his voice again, Jungmin noticed that they were both wet. "Where were you two?"

"The roof." Jaejoong answered.

"You were on the roof!?"

Gyuri looked down at the floor but Jaejoong answered him right away. "Yeah we were. By the way, I left two lawn chairs up there. Could you do me a favor and get them when the rain stops?"

"Uh. Yeah. I can do that."

"Thanks."

Gyuri started walking to their joint office. She wished she had the workers put up the divider. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to look at Jaejoong properly for the time being. As if her mind wasn't messed up so much already. Moving to her desk she dropped the binder on it and walked back out of the office just as Jaejoong entered it. He cleared his throat as he passed her and held a hand to his mouth. Gyuri started walking faster. She was headed to the restroom, the one place she could avoid him for at least a bit longer. She heard footsteps following close behind her. She looked back to see Jungmin hot on her heels. She turned the corner and entered the bathroom. Jungmin followed in right behind her.

"I'll be out in a bit!" Gyuri yelled.

"NO. YOU EXPLAIN NOW." Jungmin explosively shot back as he entered the ladies restroom.

"We were on the roof and it started raining." she explained, hiding behind a stall.

"You know I'm not talking about the roof. What did I just see in the elevator?"

In Young walked out of one of the stalls.

"What happened in the elevator?" she asked Jungmin, as she went to wash her hands.

"Nothing important to you." Jungmin answered her. He then turned his attention back to Gyuri's stall. "I'll talk to you later." With that, he left.

In Young remained in the restroom waiting for Gyuri to get out.

"What happened in the elevator?" she questioned out loud.

"Absolutely nothing happened." Gyuri said walking out of her hiding place.

"Why were you on the roof then?"

"Jaejoong wanted to go over some plans for our project." she lied, it was too embarrassing for her to tell In Young the truth.

"On the roof?" she said, not believing Gyuri.

"It's just how he works, he likes being outside and the roof is the best spot to be." That was an actual truth.

In Young narrowed her vision on Gyuri, feeling that something was off. Without saying another word, In Young left leaving Gyuri relieved.

Alone with her thoughts, Gyuri began rationalizing everything as she usually did.

It was a fluke, Jaejoong didn't mean anything by it. That's just how he is, I shouldn't let myself freak out, after all nothing happened. He was just being helpful. I'll go back to my desk and pretend it never happened. That's right! I'm a professional.

After her mental prep she walked out of the restroom still wet. Being the prepared person she was, she had an extra shirt in her office cabinet. Entering the office Jaejoong had already changed shirts and put on his jacket. She left to go change.

Jaejoong sat at his desk. He'd do some work, then think about the light touch of her lips, then do some more work and think about it again. He felt annoyed. Seeing her enter the office, he felt the rate of his heart beat quicken. It had never happened before. His eyes followed her as she sat back at her desk, she seemed unusually calm. It was unfair for him to be the only one feeling strange. He turned back to his computer screen and tried to get some work done.

Gyuri felt slightly worried... Jaejoong was unnaturally quiet. She wanted to ask if he was okay, but she really didn't want to discuss what just happened.

The rest of the afternoon was spent in silence, with only the clicking noises of the keyboards.

Jungmin observed the strange silence, he was going to have to corner Gyuri about everything later.

___________________________________________

[6:22 PM]

Jaejoong had left first, leaving Gyuri and Jungmin alone. Her assistant walked over to her and stared her down at her desk. She was ready for him this time.

"So what happened? Talk."

"Nothing." she denied.

"Bull. What happened?"

"Honestly?"

"Honestly, now tell me." he grabbed a chair and sat at her desk.

"We got caught in the rain and my make-up ran. I smudged it trying to clean it off so Jaejoong offered to clean it for me. That's all." It was the truth. "You just happened to see the end of him cleaning my eye make-up."

"Was he also going to clean off your lipstick with his lips then?" Jungmin asked boldly.

"What are you talking about!? That never happened!" Gyuri said, frustrated that he kept pressing the situation.

"So it was about to happen then?"

"No! I'm done with this subject now, I've told you exactly what happened." Jungmin looked at her, still wanting to know what she was hiding.

"Why didn't you tell me that you met Jaejoong before he started working here?"

"Who told you that?"

"Jaejoong did, so did Eunjung and your Mother...."

"Are you still talking with my mom over the phone?" Gyuri asked, relieved that the subject had changed.

"You know I am."

"Did you tell her about Jaejoong working here?"

"No, I didn't but I did tell Eunjung when we went out yesterday. "

"When did Jaejoong tell you about what happened?"

"During the MT, he kept asking a lot of questions about you and he also told me what happened."

"It's a crazy story isn't it?" she asked, feeling bad that she wasn't the one to tell him.

"I asked Eunjung and she told me what happened at your apartment too."

"Sorry I didn't tell you. I honestly thought I'd never see him again."

Jungmin looked at his boss, he could tell he was pressing too much but he felt that forcing her to talk about things was the best way for her to feel better.

"I also heard that Hyukjae visited you yesterday... How did things go?"

At the mention of his name, she felt herself stiffen.

"I got to apologize finally." she said looking down, recalling last night's events.

"Did he apologize too?"

She nodded, "He did."

"Did you accept?"

"I did."

"So, is there finally closure between you two? Are you going to finally move on?"

"Well... he told me that he still loves me... and I..."

"What!? You can't be serious." Jungmin said looking at Gyuri disapprovingly.

"Yeah, I know but... I still love him."

He stared at his boss in disbelief. She was the most realistic, professional and self reliant person he knew and there she was, giving up her pride because of love. Love really made people lose all sense. It was frightening.

"Do you want to be with him?" he asked.

"I've never saw myself being with anyone else."

"So you still see yourself with him now?"

Gyuri thought about it. She wasn't sure. She still needed more time.

"I don't know. He said he'd wait for my answer."

"Okay, I think I interrogated you enough for now." Jungmin said bringing their conversation to an end. "Next time tell me first and I won't have to grill you like this." He made his boss stand up and hugged her. Poor Gyuri, she was experiencing more drama in past two weeks then she had in the past two years.

When it rains, it really does pour.

_______________________________________________________________________

[Chapter 20 Preview]

"You can make that face right now even though I'm helping you?" he said smiling.

"As long as you act the way you do, I can always give you this face."

"Well you shouldn't. You'll get wrinkles."

"I told you I don't care." she said looking down.

He touched her forehead like he had before.

His close proximity caused another confession to escape Gyuri's lips.

"I like you..."

Jaejoong smiled as he lifted his hand from her forehead. "I like you too, you're interesting."

Gyuri looked up watery-eyed at him and shook her head.

_______________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed~