Trust

You Again!?

[10:57 PM]

Gyuri took her time getting back to the house. She couldn't explain it properly but somehow she felt... awkward. She couldn't get his words or his face out of her head... he had managed to infiltrate her mind now. Definitely not good.

Back at the party, Gyuri found her spot besides Jaejoong at the table when she heard a rumbling noise. Remembering that she left her phone in her purse at the table, she picked it up. She had 5 text messages and 2 voice mails from Jungmin.

Pick up your phone!

Where are you!?

Call me ASAP.

Hyukjae is here!

Pick Up!

Looking at the messages Gyuri remembered. How could she have forgotten? He was here, he was waiting for her. She had to go see him, there was so much to say. She tried to exit quietly but before she was able to leave, her retiring boss grabbed a microphone and began an impromptu speech.

"Tonight we celebrate a new chapter, as we close my own. I have the utmost confidence that these two will bring about a great golden age for Saya."

At his words reached the crowd all eyes fell to the partners.

"Though we've never had partners lead before, I feel as if it is fate that they lead together. Like a great Yin and Yang. A perfect balance. As I leave I can only hope that everyone feels the same confidence I feel. It's going to be a great beginning. Here's to New Beginnings" He lifted his glass and drank a sip. The audience follwed his lead and then applauded. Gyuri felt warmed by his speech. He really believed in them. She'd definitely make him proud.

With the speech over Gyuri left to look for Hyukjae. Walking around she overheard a conversation that she wasn't supposed to.

" 'Confidence' he says, I'd be more confident if it was just Jaejoong. He's the best for the job."

"Right!? It's like they put her in just to satisfy the old man."

"I heard that once he suggested her for the job, President Park Hyun Geun countered with Jaejoong."

"How long do you think they'll keep her as his partner?"

"To be honest I'm thinking they'll keep her on just because she's different, not because of ability."

Their words hit her. She knew there were plenty of people against her being in charge, even as a partner. However, she'd prove herself a million times over if she had to. She continued to look around for Hyukjae. Jungmin came running towards her.

"Where have you been?" he asked, "Hyukjae was here, did you see him?"

"Was here?"

"He left awhile ago looking upset. Where were you?"

"I did see him... I left earlier to get some air."

"Are you okay?" Jungmin looked at his boss concerned. He knew they had a history together, but no one at the company was ever sure what exactly happened between them.

"I'm fine." It was the truth this time and Jungmin could tell. She was okay.

"Okay, let's head back okay?"

"Yeah."

The rest of the night went on perfectly.

______________________________________________________

[1:29 PM]

Sunday arrived. They had a couple of hours left, then it was time to leave. Some employees left early, other stayed and played on the beach. It was another sunny day.

Arriving with Jaejoong originally, Gyuri wanted to leave with Jungmin. The weekend had changed things between the partners and Gyuri still felt strange because of the other night.

"I don't have room in my car. I carpooled with Hyunjoong, Young Saeng and Kyu Jong."

"Tell them to go with Jaejoong."

"I thought things were getting better between you two."

"They are, but... it's awkward around him."

"Awkward around who?"Jaejoong asked walking out onto the patio where the boss and assistant sat.

Turning to Jaejoong, Jungmin let him into the conversation.

"Gyuri wants to leave with me, but I carpooled here with others." Gyuri hit Jungmin's thigh, upset that he called her out.

"I can take her home. We don't live that far apart." Jaejoong said thoughtfully.

"See, there's no problem." Jungmin told his boss. She made an annoyed face at him and walked back into the house to make sure she was fully packed up.

Alone together Jaejoong had some questions for Jungmin.

"Did she not want to go with me?" Jae asked filling Gyuri's empty seat.

"Yeah, she's being a bit difficult today... You know, I've never seen her so bothered before." Jungmin said about his boss.

"Bothered?"

"Yeah, in our company she is one of the people that is able to handle anything. Since you came she seems less collected."

"You mean she's not always that way?"

"Not at all." he said shaking his head.

Jaejoong smiled, "I think I know what you mean, when we worked of the project she seemed really passionate and professional."

"The project?"

"Oh yeah, we're collaborating on it."

"Wow." Jungmin said surprised.

"Wow what?"

"It's just that I'm surprised. She must really trust you. She's depending on you already."

Hearing that Jaejoong smiled again. Guess she didn't hate him afterall.

Turning to Jungmin, Jaejoong started asking more questions.

_____________________________________________________________

[4:55 PM]

"Are we the last ones?" Gyuri asked Jungmin. She recived a thumbs up.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." she said to her departing assistant. She watched his car get filled up and drive off. It was just her and Jaejoong now.

As she got into his car a thought hit her. Every time she rode with him her feelings towards him were different. Disdain the first time, dislike the second... but what was she feeling now? She started thinking that maybe she should invest in her own car.

Leaving the beach, Gyuri was quiet. Jaejoong broke the silence.

"Do you trust me? he asked.

"Why? What are you planning?"

"Do you trust me?" he repeated.

".........Yes." Gyuri answered honestly. If there was one thing that she was sure of after the weekend it was that Jaejoong wasn't a dishonest person. He may be annoying and tell white lies and be seemingly careless of others but he was an honest person.

Liking her answer Jaejoong asked another question.

"Do you like me?" He looked over to her and saw her look down at his question. "You can't hate someone you trust can you?"

"I don't hate you." Gyuri muttered. She wasn't sure about her feelings and him asking didn't help.

"So you like me too right?"

"You're okay." she answered hoping it would suffice.

"Okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Okay." he accepted her answer.

Gyuri's mind started wandering off thinking about how this all began. Leading her to have a couple of questions for Jaejoong.

"Do you remember how we met?" she asked.

"At the Bank?" he answered. Of course he remembered, it was hardly a week ago.

"Nope." she replied, "You stole my taxi."

"That's right... you said that before, but I don't steal. "

"But you did!" she said, upset that he still didn't acknowledge it.

"Are you still set on labeling me a thief?"

"I take it back, I don't trust you. You're a liar. How can you not remember?"

So much for that awkward feeling towards him. All her feelings turned back to "dislike".

"I just don't." Jaejoong said with a light hearted smile. A thought hit him.

"Do you remember I said you looked familiar?"

"And then you went on to insult me?"

"I never insulted you. I just make observations."

"You're insulting me now by saying that!"

"Well anyway..." he said, brushing her off again. "I remembered who it is you reminded me of!"

Curious, Gyuri asked, "Who?"

"My grandma."

"WHAT!?"

"You remind me of my grandma."

"Ya!"

"There's that "Ya" stuff again. Do you feel we are close enough for you to address me that way?"

"We are not close." she rebuffed.

"Then address me properly."

"Fine... but I can't help it sometimes."

"Try."

Getting closer to the neighborhood they drove past Gyuri's apartment.

"Hey! You passed my house." she yelled.

"What did you say? I didn't catch that."

Remembering to use formal speech, Gyuri repeated what she said properly.

"Why did you pass my house?"

"I have part of the project at my house. Don't you remember I told you about it on Friday?"

"Oh, right."

That was right. He had a larger portfolio at his house. He really had prepared thoroughly.

The two arrived at his high rise.

____________________________________________________________________

[Chapter 15 Preview]

He hit the nail on the head. Was she really so easy to read?

"How do you do that?" she asked.

"Do what?"

"Understand things you have no business understanding?"

"Like?"

"Like...Me."

____________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed! Comments are appreciated <3