Recommended

You Again!?

The two stood before Jaejoong. Jungmin was a bit shocked to see him behaving so casually but Gyuri didn't even flinch.

“Looks like we are gonna be desk mates.” Jaejoong said smiling at Gyuri.

“You don’t have a desk yet.” Gyuri retorted.

“I like this one.” Jaejoong said touching the desk he sat upon.

“This is only temporary, in the mean time you don’t really need a desk at all.”

“You’re right this is only temporary, which is why we should share.”

Gyuri sighed, “Look, you can sit over there for now and read this. She threw Jaejoong the company handbook. "Memorize it word for word.”

“This? But I’ve already read it.”

“Look, don’t try and get out of reading it… the boss already told you to do this.”

“I’ve read it.”

“Well have you memorized it?”

“Yep.”

“Really now?”

“Really.”

“Prove it.”

“Are you suspicious of everyone or just me?”

“Just prove it. Start with the opening paragraph.”

Not to be messed with Jaejoong began reciting word for word the Company handbook.

Jungmin looked at his boss and back at Jaejoong… Were they arguing over a handbook? Really? He could tell the future of the company wasn’t gonna be as quiet as before. With other errands to run he let himself out of the office, leaving the two to argue.

Gyuri and Jaejoong were midway through the handbook when Jaejoong started getting annoyed.

“Are you satisfied yet?” Jaejoong asked.

“Fine, so you did memorize it.” Gyuri said slightly defeated. He really was a great adversary. She continued. “Right now I have other work to get done and I need my desk. So if you would…”

“That’s right! I heard you are working on catching a big fish.”

“That fish has been caught, killed, de-scaled and is waiting to be cooked.”

“So you already have the account?”

“One signature away.”

“How long have you been working on it?”

“Almost a month… It’s a marketing campaign for a year so.”

“Not bad.The hardest part is closing.”

“I know that.”

“What kind of campaign did you develop for them? I’ve looked through some of your past work. I'm impressed.”

“This campaign is beyond my usual work.”

The atmosphere between them had changed… it somehow softened… it must have been the fact that they were talking shop, and if there is one thing Gyuri loved talking about, it was her job. Jaejoong had also seemed a lot less annoying when talking about business.

“So... How did you end up here?” Gyuri asked.

“Recommendation.” Dropping the topic he continued. “It’s not that bad is it?”

“What?”

“This feeling.”

“What feeling?”

“But that feeling is good too.” Jaejoong smiled to himself. “You know, I was really shocked to find out you worked here.”

“Not anymore shocked then I was…”

“It’s a small world huh?”

“Too small sometimes…” Gyuri mumbled.

“We are gonna be seeing each other alot now you know.” a child like grin crossing his face.

“Yeah… but you should know I still feel the same way I did last time.”

“Huh? Last time?”

“Yeah.” She said nodding.

“Really? How stubborn.”

“Stubborn?" she scoffed, "Rather stubborn then crazy.”

“Crazy? Who? Me?” Jaejoong said pointing at himself.

“Yeah! You! What kind of person starts staring at a complete stranger and then insults them?”

“When did I?” Jaejoong then thought to himself. “Oh! At the bank. Are you still upset over that?”

“When you say it like that, it sounds like it happened a long time ago… This happened like… Four days ago!”

“I was just bored.” he replied bluntly.

“Bored? That’s why you messed with me? ‘Cause you were bored?”

“Yeah.”

"Is boredom the reason you lied to my mother as well?" Her eyes filled with anger. He really is horrible.

Jaejoong smiled. “There’s that look again.” he chuckled, “You really should see yourself.”

“Whatever.” Gyuri had it. No more talking with him… She couldn’t control her anger. She’d only ever talk business with him, nothing else, he pissed her off too easily. Gyuri moved back over to her desk, pushing Jaejoong out of the way.

Jaejoong got with up and walked around the room. “Can I see your current work on the campaign?” he asked, hovering over Gyuri’s shoulder.

“Fine.” She brought out her work and began showing him. Another opinion…even if it was his, couldn’t hurt… plus he was supposedly “recommended." Jaejoong looked over her work. He was slightly impressed but found lots of areas to improve upon.

“So?” Gyuri asked.

“It’s pretty good.”

“Only pretty good?”

“Well, it’s solid… but there’s a lot of weak points. I mean if it was perfect that deal would have been made already right?”

“…” He had a valid point.

“The concept is really the highlight of the plan but the strategy for implementing the plan is not as efficient as it could be.”

Gyuri reviewed her implementation strategy… she did have some problems when deciding how to go about the plan… dammit… he was good at analyzing.

“You know… I do have some ideas for this campaign…” Jaejoong said looking at her concerned face.

“For the implementation?”

“Yeah. I could definitely help.”

She sat silent for a bit. ”This campaign was really supposed to be my breakthrough account.”

“I’m not gonna steal it from you.”

“I’m not worried about that.”

“Then?”

“…”

“Do you have a problem because it’s me?” Jaejoong asked as he walked closer to Gyuri. “We are gonna be partners eventually. We should start working together already.”

“As much as I appreciate the offer, this campaign is mine alone.”

“Suit yourself.”

They were gonna be partners eventually… but Gyuri wanted to get this deal on her own. She also had reservations about working with Jaejoong. He was the type of person she had no idea on how to peg.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Readers! You may have noticed some small changes~ I'm just polishing things up a bit to make it easier to understand. Hope no one gets confused! 

I really enjoy writing this story, so I hope you all enjoy reading it!

Comments are my fuel~ aka:  I tend to update quicker with encouragement n_n