Normal

You Again!?

-Monday-

If there was one thing the weekend didn't change between Jaejoong and Gyuri it was their job. To Gyuri her job was the one consistent thing in her life for the past six years. Nothing, not even her own feelings or relationship to her partner would change that. 

In the office Gyuri sat at her desk already working.

"So, we didn't finish talking yesterday." Jungmin said, as he passed by her desk.  

"Yes we did." she replied, "There was nothing else to tell." 

"So you and Jaejoong are on better terms with each other now?" 

"Yeah, we talked on Friday and everything is okay again." 

Jungmin let out a frustrated sigh. "Why do you choose to leave out all the good parts? I know all about Friday."

"What do you mean all?" Gyuri asked hesitantly, sitting at her desk.

"That he went to your house, met you mother, uncle and Leah." Jungmin leaned over her desk, "I also know that you held hands... and kissed..." He held up his hand, "3 times." 

"Dammit Eunjung." Gyuri said in response.

"Who said anything about it just being Eunjung?" Jungmin smirked. "So you two are finally together?"

"What do you mean finally?" Gyuri asked, looking at her smug friend.

"Please, it was too obvious."

A confused look crossed Gyuri's face. "It was obvious?"

"You might be my senior in this company, but you're my junior in things like this." He pulled up a seat in front of her. "So you're going steady then?"

"You make things sound so juvenile. We are two adults that have decided to..."

 "So have you slept together yet?" he interrupted. 

 "Ya! That mouth of yours!" 

"What? You are two adults right?"

"Okay, no more talking about this in the office. I don't want this to become something we talk about at work."

"That's too much to ask. This office hasn't had any good drama since I've been here. You two are the most interesting thing since Hara started dating that music producer."

"It's not too much to ask for. Personal life and work don't mix, that has always been my motto."

"Yeah but your life hasn't been this interesting, especially since it involves another person that works here."

 Gyuri buried her face in her hands. She didn't want her life to be a distraction or a topic for others to gossip about, they gossiped enough as it was. She picked her head up and met Jungmin's eyes.

"Don't tell anyone, it's none of their business. Okay? Nothing is different."

Jungmin looked at the serious face in front of him. "Fine, nothing is different."

"Thanks."

"Yeah, yeah but that means I'm coming over tonight. Alright?"

"Okay." She smiled at him as Jaejoong entered the office with Jinyoung a couple of steps behind him. 

Gyuri felt frozen upon seeing him. She suddenly couldn't remember what "normal" was between them. Had things ever been normal between them? This is exactly what she didn't want. To worry about things like this. She took a deep breath and cleared her mind. Focus on work only right now.

---

Luckily for Gyuri, Jaejoong had jumped right back into his own work and so she was able to work just as well. It was only until both assistants were out of office that he did approach her.  

"This is what you said you wanted right?" he asked, hovering over her computer. "For nothing to change at work."

She nodded. 

A dissatisfied looked darkened his face. "I tried... but I don't like it."

Gyuri looked up toward him. "You agreed though."

"Yeah but I don't like acting like nothing happened. You know that." He sat on the edge of her desk now.

"We aren't acting like nothing happened... we are just acting appropriately for the office and company."

"Well let's take a break now." he said extending his hand out.

"No, I'm in the middle of something."

Jaejoong reached over and grabbed Gyuri's left hand.

"Hey! I said I was in the middle of something."

"I only need one hand." he replied.

Gyuri stared at him, wondering what he was going to do. 

Jaejoong held her hand so that her palm was exposed upwards towards him. With his right index finger, her began to lightly 'write' on Gyuri's palm.

"What are you doing?" Gyuri asked trying to understand the light touching on her palm.

"Pay attention." Jaejoong started over and slowly traced the first character again.

He was wrtting a message on her palm. Gyuri couldn't help but smile. Jaejoong was, for lack of a better word, just really cute. She stopped what she was doing and closed her eyes to focus on the message he was writing to her. 

"Start over again." she said.

Jaejoong smiled, knowing that she was now giving him her full attention and traced the first character again. 

"I" Gyuri said softly, reading out the characters Jaejoong wrote on her hand. She continued,"don't want... to act this way... anymore."

Gyuri opened her eyes and frowned at him. "You agreed though." 

"I'm not done, pay attention." he replied. He then continued to scribe his message to her. 

"But... I will... keep... acting like this." He kept scribbling. "However... every break... lunch... and moment... I can get... you... are mine." As the word 'mine' came out of he kissed her open palm.

Gyuri felt the same overwhelming loss of control.

"You got that right?" He asked her.

She nodded.

He smiled and let her hand go.

___

Outside the glass doors stood Inyoung and Younha. Both trying to process what they had just seen.

__________________________________________________________________________________ 

Sorry I've been a bit distracted from updating... but here it is~ Viola! 

Hope you like!