Thank You

You Again!?

Pulling out her phone as she walked out of the large manor, Gyuri saw that she had some missed calls. Checking further she realized that they were all from Jaejoong. Just as she was about to call him back, her phone rang. Getting into the same car she was escorted in last time she answered the call.

___

"Jaejoong?"

"Where are you?" He asked concerned.

"Out on a walk?" She lied unsure of whether or not she should explain to him what had just happened.

"You said you were feeling sick!" He yelled back at her.

"It stopped hurting when I got home."

"Where are you out walking?"

"I'm actually a bit far from my usual walking area."

"Where?" he repeated.

"I'm headed home right now."

"I'll go pick you up."

"It's okay, I'll be fine. Why did you call?"

Jaejoong sighed on the other side of the line. "After you left we ate but then Go Eun fell asleep. I left after tucking her in... I just wanted to make sure you were feeling okay so I called. When you didn't answer the second time I kind of sped over to your place."

"Oh." Gyuri replied flatly.

"What do you mean 'oh' ? Do you know what was in my mind... You left with that guy!"

"Hyukjae?"

"You don't have to use his name."

Gyuri laughed, "He has a name though."

"I don't care." Jaejoong sighed again. "You're home alone tonight aren't you?" 

"Are you in front of my apartment right now?" Gyuri asked.

"Yeah."

"Go home!" she yelled back over the phone.

"I'll go home when I know you are here and safe."

"How about I call you when I'm home?"

"No good. I'd rather verify it in person."

Gyuri sighed. "You are the most stubborn person I've ever met. Go home. I'm hanging up."

"Ya!" Jaejoong yelled back at her, but she had already ended the call.

___

The car pulled up in front of Gyuri's apartment complex and she got out. Seeing Jaejoong's car still there she sighed and shook her head. She then walked into the complex and rode up the elevator to her floor. When the doors opened she saw Jaejoong still wearing the same clothes, sitting down in front of her door. She quietly approached him and smiled when she saw that while waiting he had fallen asleep.

She crouched down in front of him and lightly touched his forehead. "Jaejoong, I'm home." Receiving no reaction, she placed both of her hands on his face and shook him causing Jaejoong to jolt awake.

"You're home." He said yawing and smiling.

"I told you to go home earlier."

"I didn't want to." He replied standing up.

"You're too stubborn." Gyuri said, putting in the code to her place and opening the door.

Jaejoong leaned on the entry way but made no move to walk inside.

Surprised by his actions (or there lack of) Gyuri looked over to him. He had closed his eyes and seemed as though he was about to fall back asleep.

"Jaejoong, you're not going to drive tonight are you?"

"I have to go home though." he mumbled, still slightly awake.

Gyuri sighed. "If I set you home in this condition I'm sure I'd regret it. You can stay here tonight."

Jaejoong's ears perked up as he heard the offer. Standing straight, he walked cheerfully into her place. "Well, if you insist."

Seeing him awaken, Gyuri shook her head, disappointed that she had fallen for his act. "You're really something else."

"I know." he replied, flashing a brilliant smile as he plopped down on the couch. 

Giving up, Gyuri closed the door and plopped down beside him. Jaejoong then leaned his head against Gyuri.

"Today has been pretty tiring hasn't it?" he asked.

"It definitely has. More than you know." she replied. 

It had been a very tiring day for Gyuri, from learning more about Jae and meeting Go Eun and Minhee to being summoned by Jaejoong's father. It had indeed been a very tiring day. In fact, it had been one of the most tiring days of her life.  However, it had also become one of the most memorable and important days of Gyuri's life.    

____

[A few hours ago - Kim Manor]

The President looked at Gyuri as he waited for her reply. He had given her two different proposals to chose from, both having her use her relationship with Jaejoong to assist him in getting his son to inherit the company already.    

Gyuri looked down for a moment, in her mind she figured it may be the last time she'd ever see President Kim. She took a deep breath and met his gaze, "President Hee, you are right about me being a smart girl. However, I'm also a woman with a lot of pride as well." In her tone it was evident that Gyuri was speaking as a woman in business. Strong and unwavering she choose each one of her words wisely before saying them. "It is because of my own pride that I could not accept your first proposal. I take my work very seriously and to "parachute" into a position such as the one you are offering is not something I personally would ever think of accepting. If I were to ever work for you, it would be because you respected the work I'd be able to do for you and your company, not because of my relationship or because of some 'deal'."

Kun Hee watched the woman's serious face and listened to her words. The last time she was in his presence she had seemed to have a calm presence about her... now she had a fire burning behind her eyes. 

"So, you are refusing my first proposal?" he questioned.

"Yes, I am."

"So you've decided then?"

"Yes." Gyuri replied. 

Kun Hee looked a bit surprised to see that Gyuri had decided to reject the first proposal for the second one. Perhaps she had already planned on breaking up with his son. He nodded his head. "I will compensate you generously."

"I'm also rejecting your second proposal." Gyuri said strongly. "I think you greatly underestimated me today. I also think that I've been underestimating myself and my own feelings."

Listening behind closed doors, Jiyeon smiled hearing Gyuri speak.

"I had a panic attack today from just the thought of living without your son. I didn't realize it before... but that's how much I love him. I don't want to live without him. You made me realize it today." Gyuri smiled to herself, stood up from her chair and bowed. "I'm sorry that I couldn't be of any assistance to you today. However, I'm not sorry about rejecting your offers." Looking up from her bow she smiled again. "Thank You."

Kun Hee blinked a few times as he watched Gyuri exit his office. After a moment, a smile found it's way onto his face and he let out a laugh. He had indeed underestimated her today.

____

Back inside her apartment, Gyuri looked at the now sleeping man beside her and smiled. She smoothed down the top of his hair, gently kissed his forehead and lightly whispered to him, "I love you."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!!! Updating often aren't I? lol. yay!

This chapter was written to bring back Gyuri's strong personality. I love kdramas but I HATE it when the leading female would just wither away in these types of situations. This chapter is my own personal satisfaction. lol.

And Holy Crap Yo! This was Chapter 50!!!! Wa!!!!! I couldn't have gotten this far with out all you lovely supporters!!! <3 Thanks so much for reading and  commenting!!! ilu!