Mother

You Again!?

[D-Day]

Gyuri stood facing the large doors of the manor Jaejoong once called home.

"This is the 'family' home?" she asked nervously looking over to him.

"Yeah. I grew up here." Jaejoong said smiling, he saw the intimidation in Gyuri's eyes and enjoyed her apprehension. "You ready?"

Gyuri paused for a moment. Just two weeks ago they had been forced to reveal their budding relationship to their company. Some of the employees (mainly the women) were still against it but the majority accepted it without any issues. Her family had accepted their relationship before it was even real, now all that was left was Jae's family.

Jaejoong watched her pensively look down. He reached for her hand in intertwined their fingers. "It's just a formality."

Gyuri squeezed his hand, nodded and followed him inside where they were greeted by a grand staircase. 

The interior of the home was just as intimidating as the outside with high ceilings, elaborate interior designing and an overwhelming decadent atmosphere.

As the pair walked, the halls were silent with only the sound of Gyuri's heels clacking against the marble floors. Jaejoong finally stopped in front of another pair of doors. He leaned in an knocked twice. 

"Come in." A woman's voice called out from behind the doors.

Jaejoong gave Gyuri a quick smile before opening the door.

Inside the room stood the woman from Jaejoong's portrait, Kim Jiyeon. The woman stood at the same height as Gyuri, but she seemed taller. Looking at the woman, she was grace personified, from her short dark black hair framing her face to the dress that draped lightly on her shoulders. She greeted the pair with a warm smile. 

Jaejoong smiled and walked over to greet his mother with Gyuri in toe.

"Mom, this is-"

"You must be Gyuri." She said cutting her son off.

"Yes ma'am I am." Gyuri said as she gave the woman a deep bow.

"Let me have a good look at you." Jiyeon said receiving the girl's respectful bow.

Gyuri stood straight and kept her eyes lowered as the woman got a closer look and lightly touched Gyuri's chin. The slim hand now held her face, causing Gyuri to meet a deep set of eyes.  Jiyeon smiled and put her hand down.

"You promise to keep my son here in Korea and you have my blessing."

 Gyuri let out a small sigh of relief and smiled."I'll do my best."

The woman then turned back to her son. "Why didn't you ever tell me about this girl? She's lovely."

Gyuri turned toward Jaejoong. "You never told her my name at least?"

Jaejoong looked from his mother to Gyuri. "I didn't. I was kinda surprised when she said your name." He moved his gaze back to his mother. "So how did you know her name?"

Jiyeon smiled and tucked her short hair behind one ear. "Your father isn't the only one keeping tabs on you, you know."

"So what else do you know?" Jaejoong asked, slightly irritated to learn that he was being watched.

"Well, I know that Gyuri comes from a sweet, little middle class family. She went to college locally and  began to work for your current company since before she graduated. I also know that you two work together as partners."

Gyuri was slightly taken aback, Jiyeon was like Jaejoong times ten.

Jiyeon turned back to Gyuri and grabbed her hand. "You know, you share a strong resemblance to Jaejoong's grandmother."

Gyuri let out a nervous laugh. "So, I've been told."

"Mmm yes, did Jaejoong ever show you a picture of her?"

"No, he hasn't."

"Wait one moment. I'll be right back."

Jiyeon exited the room and Gyuri looked over to Jaejoong. He met her eyes across the room and they shared an awkward silence. Gyuri felt herself smiling, everything was so... strange.

Jaejoong walked towards her. "Is something funny?"

"You're like your mother." Gyuri said smiling at him. 

Jaejoong pinched her smiling cheek. "Like my mother?" 

Gyuri brushed his hand off. "Yeah, I think I understand you a bit more now too."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah." Gyuri smiled again. She really was starting to understand Jaejoong more through meeting his parents. The feeling was happiness. 

"You're really asking for it now." Jaejoong said pinching her cheek again.

"Ya! That hurts!"

"Call me 'oppa' once and I'll let you go."

Gyuri tried to brush his hand off again but he held on tight.

"Jaejoong, really now, that hurts." 

"Just call me oppa."

Gyuri tilted her head. "Oppa. There let me go, this hurts."

"Not like that! You should do it more cutely"    

"Pfft."

"Come try again."

"I'm not gonna do it."

"Fine then I'm not letting go."

Jaejoong continued to pinch as Jiyeon returned to the room.

"Am I interrupting something here?"

"Ah, no." Jaejoong dropped his hand and Gyuri rubbed her cheek as Jiyeon walked towards them with a small photo album in hand.

"Here is the best picture where you can see the resemblance. Take a look."

Gyuri's eyes fell upon an old family portrait. In the center stood a young woman in hanbok. They shared the same deep eyes and oval face shape. She could see the resemblance.

"We really do look a bit alike." 

"I told you." Jaejoong chimed.

Jiyeon took the album back into her hands. "Yes, you do. It's a shame I hated that woman so much."

"Eh?"

Jiyeon laughed. "Oh don't get worried, I won't hold your looks against you. You're much prettier than she was anyway."

"Ah, thank you." Gyuri said, unsure of how to respond.

"So, you two must be hungry, let's go to dinner. Jaejoong's father will be joining us in a little bit."

Gyuri's posture stiffened.

His father, one of the most important and well respected men in all of Korea, was the last person she needed acceptance from.

Taking a deep breath, Gyuri looked towards Jaejoong and then to Jiyeon.

"After you."

______________________________________________________________________________  

Hey readers! I hope ya'll like this chapter. I'm gonna try and focus back on the story again so the next update shouldn't be as long as the last one! Thanks to all old and new readers! I appreciate all the comments you give and read every single one of them!

Much love y'all <3