Comfortable

You Again!?

[6:37 PM]

They stood outside Jaejoong's high rise.

"This is where you live?"

"Yes, Why? Gonna memorize the streetnames?"

"I'll wait out here for you." Gyuri said ignoring his last comment.

"Do you really wanna wait here?" Jaejoong said looking at her.

"Aren't you the least bit interested to see where I live?"

"Nope." She leaned against his car with her arms crossed.

"Come on." With her arms folded across her chest he didn't reach for her hand. Instead put his arm around her shoulder and forced her to move.

"I'll go, I'll go. What is it with you and pulling me around?"

"Have I ever lead you wrongly before?"

"YES! The first time you reached for my hand was the time you lead me wrong!"

"What are you complaining about? You got a free meal."

"That wasn't a free meal at all! You forced me to pay you back!"

"No, you're the one who put the money in my hand. Remember?"

"..." Dammit, he's right.

"Come on, let's go." he said pushing forward.

Jaejoong put in his code to the apartment and they rode up the elevator up to the 9th floor. The door opened to reveal his new home.

It was nice. The size was considerably modest for what Gyuri was expecting.

"Check out the view!" Jaejoong said as he walked over towards the sliding door that revealed a balcony.

"Was this the reason you bought this place?" Gyuri said following him outside.

"Mostly."

Out on the balcony the view was lovely. The sun was still burning brightly and the sky was clear. However, it wasn't too hot with the wind blowing at a constant pace.

"You really care alot about your surroundings don't you?"

"Of course, it's only natural to want to be surrounded by beauty. Isn't it?"

Gyuri looked out to the view. A part of her wished she could live her life they way he lived his. He never took anything too seriously and lived carefree.

"Do you ever worry about anything?" Gyuri said speaking her mind, it was strange how she was able to speak so freely with him.

"I try not to." He stood beside her. "That guy from the other night... are you worrying over him?"

She turned her head towards him. He was looking at her thoughtfully. He was prodding into her personal life but his intentions seemed completely genuine.

"I should go." she said walking back towards the door.

"You know you can tell me." Jaejoong said refering to his last question.

She shook her head. "No, I can't."

"That's irritating. You know?"

"I'll see you tomorrow." she said as she went to his door.

"The portfolio." he replied.

"Honestly, I probably won't even look it over tonight."

"I'll get my keys then."

"It's okay, I know where I'm at. I wanna take a walk anyway."

"All your stuff is in my car."

She somehow had forgotten where they came from and that her bags where in his car. Had she always been this forgetful & mindless? It was so out of character for her.

She followed Jaejoong out to the car. Despite what she had said about not looking the portfolio over he still carried it down to his car for her.

"I feel like I should say something." Jaejoong said as they entered his car.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, the atmosphere is strange. I don't like you like this. It's like the other night. You really think about a million different things at a time don't you?"

He hit the nail on the head. Was she really so easy to read?

"How do you do that?" she asked.

"Do what?"

"Understand things you have no business understanding?"

"Like?"

"Like... Me."

"It bothers me so much that you seem to know how my brain works. Am I really that simple to figure out?"

"It's strange how you think that. I can't figure you out at all." he replied to her.

"That sounds like my line. You're the mystery here." she said to Jaejoong.

He smiled at her, and a smile formed on her own face as well.

What a week. A crazy, crazy week.

Reflecting on all of it, Gyuri started laughing.

She had gone from never wanting to see this guy, to being able to talk to him comfortably.

The 'not-so-bad' bad guy... she knew she was starting to like him.

____________________________________________________________________

[Chapter 16 Preview]

He shook his head. "I have an important promise to keep today."

"Oh. Are you meeting up with someone?"

"Yep."

"Someone important?"

Jaejoong titled his head, slightly intrigued as to why Gyuri seemed so interested. "Yeah, they are important to me, precious even."

____________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's short! But it felt right to end the chapter there n_n

Thanks for reading! <3