Working Together

You Again!?

[10:34 PM]

Gyuri walked over to Jaejoong and leaned against the deck railing facing the sun-kissed ocean.

"Thanks." she said.

"You're welcome." he replied.

"Jungmin recruit you?"

"Yep."

"He's such a good kid." she said, complimenting her assistant. 

"He must really like you."

"Yeah, I'm a great boss."

"Wow, to say it with your own mouth, didn’t know you were like that."

"I'm not, I'm just in a really good mood."

"I can tell." He paused then looked over to her "You'd never approach me otherwise huh?"

"Bingo!"

"I guess I should take advantage of this time then."

"..." huh?

"I really wanna help you on that account."

Gyuri's lighthearted grin left her face... the account... no progress had been made... and she had learned that the competition had created something less risky and solid, unlike Gyuri's work.

"I told you already..." Gyuri said looking down.

"Yeah I know but, I want you to trust me on this. This is MT right?"

"It is."

Jaejoong was now no longer facing the water.

"So let's work on it together. It's the perfect opportunity to show our solidarity to the employees."

Gyuri hated depending on others, in fact she could count the number of people she really depended on, on one hand. However this was work, and Jaejoong had an amazing track record. After he was hired, her co-workers dug up information about him and found that he landed huge deals with large American & Korean companies and had great conncetions with all forms of media outlets. She couldn't let her pride get in the way of her job. She was also getting anxious about the time frame. She had hit a wall and help was needed.

She turned to face him, he had the same smiling face that he usually had on.

"Okay." she said.

His smile widened.

"Great! I have so many ideas! I've been making calls to different people that can assist us with the project."

"You knew I was going to say yes to you?" Gyuri asked, stunned that Jaejoong had been working on the campaign already.

"Well yeah, eventually you were going to say yes, I gave myself this entire weekend to get you to say yes, but you agreed right away. I actually created my own portfolio for the project and combined it with what you've done. I had it put in your room. Let's go get it now so you can see."

"You combined our portfolios?" He really had done that much? Wait...When did he get into my stuff?

"Yeah, I made it all comprehensive too, really easy to understand. Let's go take a look." Reaching for her hand he began to lead her to another house.

"I told you to stop that!" she yelled, pulling her hand out of his grasp.

"Sorry, I was just getting excited."

"I hate being pulled to places I don't know."

"Oh, well I'm taking you to your room!"

"My room?"

"Jungmin was part of the MT planning team so he was able to choose where everyone was placed. He gave me your key."

Jaejoong pulled a small key out of his pocket and held it up to show her. "Let's keep walking!"

"Give me my key! I don't want you in my room..."

"This isn't a key to your room."

"You said it was my key. "

"Well, yeah it is... here." He handed her the key.

Jaejoong took out another key as they continue walking.

He walked up to the house and used his key to unlock it.

"Wait... is this where you're staying?" Gyuri asked.

"The company could only reserve so many houses, and each one comes with 3+ rooms. Jungmin is also in this one."

Gyuri let out a sigh of relief. He must have Jungmin's key then.

"So am I." Jaejoong said.

"What?"

"We're sharing too."

"Why!?"

"Jungmin told me that this was the one house that wasn't filled up and so he placed me in here. He said it wouldn't be a problem."

"Oh. Well yeah... right, it's not a big deal... as long as the doors have locks."

He laughed. "They do, don't worry."

The two walked further into the house. It was nice and homey with large open areas and huge windows. It definitely belonged on the beach.

"Your room is this way." He ran up the staircase, she followed behind.

"Don't go in it!"

"I already have tho... to put the portfolio on the desk."

"Right... well don't go in now." As she said that he opened the door and walked in.

"Here it is."

He grabbed the portfolio off the desk and began showing her. Gyuri looked at it amazed. He had his own work to do and yet he was also creating this? In four days? She didn't want him to know what she was thinking but it still slipped out.

"...wow..." she said quietly.

"You like what I've done?"

Dammit. I still wanna be upset for him acting like a crazy person and for just pulling me around as he pleases... but this is brilliant.

"Let's go through it and talk about changes or anything you don't like in it." Jaejoong pulled the chair out and Gyuri sat down, he then pulled another chair out and sat next to her. Looking throught the portfolio, they began talking enthusiastically about the project, working happily together.

The midnight candle soon burnt out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A pair of hands cradle a child Gyuri. It was her father, the one she only got to know for seven years. He smiled at her and laid her down to sleep. She knows if she falls asleep she won't see him again... she fights it but she loses and falls asleep listening to the sound of his voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the sun peaking through the blinds in her room, Gyuri woke up. She looked around to see that she had made it to her bed last night. Still wearing her clothes from yesterday Gyuri realized that she had no other clothes... unless. She walked over to the closet and opened it up to find a row of her clothes hanging up. Giving Jungmin an extra key to her apartment must have come in handy. She gets cleaned up and changes then exits her room to see that Jaejoong hadn't made it to his room, instead he crashed on the living room sofa and was still asleep. Even when he slept he slept happily, with a slight smile on his face. The "not-so-bad" bad guy. He sure was an interesting person.

Gyuri tried to walk silently across the living room in order to get to the kitchen downstairs but as she made her way Jaejoong shifted. As he shifted a part of his blanket fell off of him...he was.... The unexpected exposure of skin caused Gyuri to let out a quick scream. The scream shocked Jaejoong and he moved again exposing himself even more. A second longer and louder scream escaped Gyuri. This time the scream pulled Jaejoong out of his sleep and he stood up completely dropping the blanket. He was wearing shorts.

"What's Wrong!? he asked, stunned awake.

"I'm sorry!" Gyuri yelled embarrassed as she ran back to her room.

Jungmin came out of his room to see what the commotion was about.

"What happened?" he asked his red faced boss.

"Nothing!" she said closing her door.

Jungmin turned and looked at Jaejoong.

"Are you ?" he asked.

"No, I have shorts on."

"Oh, well carry on then. We have about an hour before we have to be at the park for today's activities." Jungmin then returned to his room, leaving Jaejoong alone.

? It that why she screamed? The thought made Jaejoong chuckle as he made his way to his neglected room.

_______________________________________________________________

It may not be the same as when I first wrote it... ;~; I can't believe I actually deleted this chapter.... >.> well at least it's back up now!