Rain

You Again!?

Being the professional she was, Gyuri woke up the next day and got ready. Eunjung tried to convince her to take one day off but with the presentation approaching, she put on her face and went into work.

The day went on well enough, she had managed to get through the meetings just fine and worked on newer projects without incident. Now sitting in the company cafeteria she ate lunch with a few of her new employees. Sitting across from her, In Young began talking frankly to Gyuri.

"Gyuri, I mean Manager... You know all the female employees are getting jealous of you. Spending so much time with Mr. Kim."

"There's no reason to be jealous, approach him if you want. No one's stopping you."

"Really!? So you two aren't...?" In Young leaned back in her seat satisfied."I knew he wouldn't be attracted to such a stone-cold workaholic."

Gyuri looked over to In Young.

"What? Isn't that a compliment to you?" In Young said, her eyes widening innocently.

In Young's friend Jihae pinched her arm to deter her from talking but she continued. "I mean, that is why you got the promotion. You're so focused on your work that no one else could even compete. Heaven forbid they give the job to someone that has a social life outside of work."

"Stop being bitter In Young, it's unbecoming." Gyuri fired back. "I got the position because of this right here. We are adults, not little teenagers. You should remember that."

In Young glared at Gyuri. "And that right there is why you're alone." Jinhae and the two others at the table looked over to In Young in shock. In Young may be a year older then Gyuri but she was the new Co-Manager, a position directly above In Young.

Gyuri felt herself loosing face. She was already an emotional mess inside and this encounter wasn't helping. She rose from the table. "Like I said, this is why you didn't get the position. Grow up In Young."

Gyuri walked off having the last word. She hated these catty encounters with In Young. The relationship between them used to be good. They had gotten along just fine until Gyuri started to receive more recognition for her work than In Young did for hers. She believed it was an unjust favoritism that their former boss had for Gyuri and so she resented her. She often acted upon that resentment through seemingly innocent but catty banter with Gyuri.

Returning to her office, Gyuri saw a note at her desk.

Meet me on the roof.

It was definitely Jaejoong's handwriting.

She didn't want to walk away from her desk with things left to be done but she found herself going up the elevator to the roof. The doors opened and she got out. The weather wasn't as nice as it had been the last time and there were storm clouds in the sky. She looked around for Jaejoong. He was in the same spot as last time but instead of sitting at a table he was sitting in one of two lawn lounge chairs. He looked ridiculous laying on a lawn chair in his suit, on the roof during a cloudy day but it didn't seem too out of the ordinary for him. He heard her walk towards him.

"It's a shame the weather isn't as nice today." he said looking up at the darkened sky.

"What did you want?"

"You always cut to the chase don't you?" he smiled, "Sit down." He motioned to the chair beside him.

By now Gyuri knew to just do what he asked if she wanted an answer, so she sat in the chair beside him and looked up at the sky.

"It's gonna rain today." she said to him.

"It's a good thing too, my plants need it."

"Don't you water them regularly?"

"Yeah, but nothing beats rainwater."

She nodded. "So what did you want?"

"I wanted someone to relax with me."

Gyuri looked over to her business partner. "Jaejoong, the presentation is soon and-" Jaejoong cut her off.

"And everything is going to go perfectly. We've gone through it over and over again. It's going to be just fine. Everything is going to be fine. Relax with me..."

"I'll relax after the presentation." she said getting up.

Jaejoong reached over to her hand and put his on top, stopping her from getting up. "Consider this one of the missed lunch dates from last week."

Gyuri stopped moving and sighed. With Jaejoong's hand still on her's, she laid back, took deep breaths and closed her eyes.

Jaejoong looked over to her. She was finally relaxing. She had put on a pretty convincing facade but he had noticed it since yesterday. Watching her relax, a part of him felt pity, he saw a bit of his old self in her. Maybe that was why he did these things for her, because it felt like he was taking care of his former self.

He laid back, faced the sky and closed his eyes.

_____________________________________________________

"Jaejoong-shii get up!" Gyuri was trying to wake him. He felt a a few raindrops fall on his face. He opened his eyes to see that Gyuri was standing over him. The sky above them had darkened completely.

"It's raining?" he asked.

"Yes! Come on! It's starting to pick up!"

"Get the chairs!" Jaejoong said as he stood up.

"Just come on! Your suit is gonna get wet." As she spoke those words, there was a crack of lighting in the clouds followed by roaring thunder. The rain was no longer drizzling, it was pouring. Jaejoong went to grab the lawn chair but Gyuri grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the exit. Her hand was warm, unusual from the other times he had reached for it. He followed her lead and they ran towards the exit.

By the time they got to the elevator their top halves were soaked. Looking at each other they laughed. Two perfectly nice shirts, completely soaked.

"You need better make-up." Jaejoong said, looking at Gyuri's running mascara as he closed the gap between them. He brushed his hand underneath her eye, trying to clean her face up. Gyuri felt herself tense up. She shivered.

"Your hands are cold." she said trying to make an excuse for her reaction.

"Are they?" he touched his own face, "They aren't that cold." He reached into his pocket and took out his handkerchief. He then reached for her face again.

"You don't have to do that." she said rejecting his assistance. She then used her own hands to try and clean her eye make-up.

Watching her attempt to clean her own eyes, he laughed. "It looks worse now."

"Really? This usually works." She reached up to her eyes to clean them again.

"Here." Jaejoong said. With one hand holding her chin up and the other one holding the handkerchief, he started cleaning up her eye make-up.

Gyuri didn't look away this time, instead she studied his face. It was the first time she ever looked at him so closely. He really was very attractive. His eyes were deep & kind and his face shape gave off an overall soft feeling. She then looked at his lips and instantly regretted doing so. Much like the rest of his face, they were attractive. A light pink color, they were full and looked soft. She quickly moved her eyes back up to his and found them to be looking back at her. Jaejoong had finished cleaning her make-up but his hand was still holding her chin up towards him. His gaze moved down to her lips and then back up to her eyes. She stood still as he moved in closer and closed his eyes.

___________________________________________________________________

hehehehehehehehe~ Hope you enjoyed this chapter~~~~ Comments are always appreciated!