Partner

You Again!?

Jaejoong left her office. He spent the rest of the morning getting familiar with the building and different divisions. Gyuri looked over her campaign again. A call should be coming in for her soon. Either they wanted to sign or more work was needed.

She didn’t know what time Jaejoong usually took lunch and she usually put it off due to her work schedule. As 12:00 passed then 12:30 and eventually 1:00 hit, he still hadn’t come back to her office so she figured she could maybe squeeze in a small lunch from the company food court without him. Who knows? He could have already eaten and forgot about lunch with her today.

Jungmin returned from his lunch and entered her office as she left. Out of her office, she saw Jaejoong walking up to her. Without saying a word he grabbed her hand and began pulling her towards the elevator.

“Hey!” she shook his hand off, “You really need to stop that. Where were you taking me?”

“Just come on.” Jaejoong said and reached for her hand again. She slapped it away.

“I’m going to lunch.” Gyuri said.

“So am I.” Jaejoong countered.

“Oh...” Stupid favor. She was hoping he forgot.

“Yeah, so come on.” he reached his hand out again.

“Okay, but… I’m not holding your hand.”

“Fine, fine.” he said putting it down, “Follow me.”

Down the hall and to the elevator they went up, the opposite direction of the food court.

“Up?” Gyuri asked confused.

“Yep!”

“This is for lunch right?”

“Yeah.”

The pair hit the roof level.

“The roof?” Gyuri asked suspiciously.

“Uh-uh.”

“I’ve been to the roof. There’s nothing there.”

"Just trust me. Come on." Instinctively his hand reached for hers as she walked forward.

The doors opened up and they walked out onto the roof. Near the edge, Gyuri noticed a table set up. Jaejoong walked over to the table, motioning to her to follow. As she got closer she noticed he had set up lunch here. She felt confused by him. It was actually really nice and thoughtful. The weather was great and the wind wasn’t too rough. The view was also amazing. She sat down across from him. Lunch wasn’t anything fancy, just some simple convenience store items. She laughed remembering his strange excitement over the street food they had eaten together, then a thought hit her.

“You’re not gonna say I owe you money if I eat this are you?” she asked.

Jaejoong laughed. “No, you just have to pay next time.”

“Okay.” Jaejoong motioned her to eat and she did. It grew quiet, the wind picked up.

“You know… this is actually nice.”

“It is isn’t it? I really have an eye for places.” he said satisfied with himself.

“Is this what you did when you left my office? Looking for nice areas?”

“Mostly.” he said smiling.

He was constantly smiling… how was he able to smile so much? Gyuri smiled, but not really at people she didn’t know. She was still a stranger to him too and yet he smiled at her constantly, even though most of it was at seeing her upset… but still, he smiled every single time she was with him. He seemed like a really happy person but he pushed and pulled her around too much. She just couldn’t understand him.

“You’re confusing.” she said out loud. Jaejoong looked over to her as she continued talking.

“I’m not sure what to make of you… enemy or friend. I know I’m still upset with you since there certainly is more bad then good but I don’t feel like this is something an enemy would do.”

Jaejoong started laughing. He rested his head on his hand and smiled.

“You really are interesting, have you really been spending so much time trying to figure me out?”

“Don’t flatter yourself. It’s just that you’ve been too involved in my life recently and I don’t really like not knowing what you’re about.”

“You really have a mean streak don’t you?”

“Only when dealing with people that infuriate me.”

“Do you really not like me that much?” he said smiling.

“Well considering everything you’ve done, it’s safe to say I don’t like you that much. I told you before…”

“Right right.” He nodded and returned to his lunch. “You know when you said you weren’t sure whether I was an enemy or friend?”

“Yeah.”

“I kind of like that.”

Of course he did… It was uncertain and confusing just like his personality.

“What do you consider me?” Gyuri asked out of curiosity.

Jaejoong looked back over to her, squinted his eyes and tilted his head in thought.

“I don’t see you as an enemy… but you’re not a friend either…”

“Nevermind.” He was just throwing what she said back at him.

“No, no… you are...” Jaejoong gets up having finished his lunch and walks over to her side. Invading her personal space again he looks at her and says: “You are my partner.” Letting it sink in, he stayed close to her face. She avoided eye contact and thought about what he said. He was really good at describing the situation. She was his partner and that’s how she should think of him too. Jaejoong got up again and walked over to the railing, leaving Gyuri to finish her lunch.

__________________________________________________________________

[Chapter 9 Preview]

"Never thought I'd take another ride in this car." Gyuri said.

"Right?" Jaejoong chuckled.

Were you really going leave me alone after I ate with you?" Gyuri asked remembering the reason she got into his car the 1st time.

"It depended." He replied thoughtfully.

"Depended on what?" she asked curiously.

"The way things went."

"Did they go the way you expected?"

Jaejoong started the car and looked at Gyuri and flashed a brilliant smile.

"It went better than expected."

Ugh...He's too much.

A grimace crossed her face.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's so short~

Hope you still liked it!