Boss

You Again!?

The rest of the weekend was spent much more peacefully, with the exception of a dream that Jaejoong had invaded. Gyuri deemed it bad luck and left it at that. Hopefully with the beginning of the workweek she’d receive a change in luck, She was in closing deal talks with the cell phone company and over the weekend had finalized some aspects of the deal. She’d have it and prove once again that the only person worth promoting was her. As she walked into work she noticed a strange atmosphere. She got onto the elevator & went up to her floor. There was Jungmin, her assistant, waiting for her with the same strange look on his face that matched the atmosphere.

“What is it with everyone?”

“What do you mean?”

“That look on your face.”

“Oh. You haven’t heard?”

“Heard what?”

“The Boss brought someone in.”

“Brought someone?”

“Yes...”

“Why?”

“I don’t know yet… people are saying that the person will be revealed during the meeting.”

“Our meeting this morning?”

“Yes.”

“Okay… Do I have any messages?”

“Oh, Yes!”

A person… why would the boss? Maybe it was nothing… Could just be an old friend… but still…

“Jungmin, has anyone seen this person?”

“Only the front desk but they told Hara, and you know her. She spread it like crazy.”

“Okay, can you get my report ready for the meeting?”

“Already did.”

Gyuri turned to look directly at Jungmin.

“You really are amazing.”

“I know.” Jungmin replied smugly.

“Not humble though.”

He laughed and returndd to his desk. Gyuri prepares herself for the meeting, she had her own great news to report. She was one signature away from closing the deal. Within the next few days she’d have the account.

The conference room filled up and the meeting began. Gyuri looked around the room to see if there were any unfamiliar faces. None. Everyone seemed to be slightly on edge. Gossip certainly spread fast. The meeting proceeded and nothing was out of the ordinary. The tension in the room slowly faded away. Gyuri ended her report to applause. The meeting was close to ending when the Boss finally spoke up.

“It’s always a great feeling to know that I’m leaving such a great team to keep this ship going. Every one of you is an incredible asset to this company and I can tell that you all will only continue to bring great things. As I make my exit I am comforted by this fact… I know you are all very capable and I feel that my decision is the right one.”

Everyone looked at each other.

“So without further ado. I shall announce my choice.”

Complete silence came over the room.

“Park Gyuri. I have decided that you will be taking my place.”

Everyone’s attention shot over to Gyuri, some applauded, others just continued to stare. Gyuri sat there blankly. She had wanted it so much. It was finally her position. Manager of the Marketing Division…

“However, even though I have chosen you, CEO Park Hyun Geun has made his own recommendation. We talked it over and came to a compromise. Mr. Kim please come in.”

The door to the conference room opened and there stood Jaejoong.

“Everyone, this is Kim Jaejoong, personally recommended by the CEO to fill my position.”

“But what about Gyuri?” Jungmin burst out saying.

Gyuri? Jaejoong looked around the room. No way… It was the very same Park Gyuri who never wanted to see him again… He couldn’t help but chuckle seeing her shocked face.

“Like I said before, we came to a compromise. Both Jaejoong and Gyuri will be taking the position.”

A murmur of confusion broke out around the room. Gyuri was shocked and angry. Out of all the people in this great earth it just had to be him. It wasn’t bad enough that she had to share the position with another person. It had to be him…this crazy person. She felt his eyes on her and so she met them. He was smiling slightly, a slight dimple in his cheek exposed. She could feel her blood boil.

“So what exactly is going to happen?” In Young asked.

“The two will be managing seperate divisions. Don’t worry, I think this deal will work out better then I expected it to. After talking with Jaejoong, I definitely feel that his style compliments Gyuri’s.”

Everyone seemed to accept what he said. The room grew silent.

“Now that I have announced my decision lets get situated. This concludes Monday’s Meeting.”

The conference room emptied.

“Gyuri, Jaejoong please see me in my office.”

“Yes Sir.” They said in unison.

The boss smiled. “See you two really do match well.”

Gyuri looked at Jaejoong appallingly, causing him to laugh. It seemed as though the future held more fun days ahead of him. So much for her request. Now they had to see each other. The more he thought about it, the more entertaining it became. Gyuri started wondering what she must have done in a previous life to be punished this way. They arrived at the office. Their future joint office. She’d have to request for a divider. She thought to herself. She then began realizing that she really had made it. She started feeling better about the situation, they would have to work together but business was business. She could handle it. She'd just have to avoid him at times.

“I know this isn’t exactly an ideal situation for either of you.” the boss began, “But I have confidence that you two will be able to work together. It will be a transitional time period, which is very fragile. I am really counting on you two to not let me down… I can imagine you two may have questions for me.”

The two looked at him and Gyuri spoke up first.

“How long is the transition period?”

“Well, just adjusting you both may take some time…By the end of this week I will be taking my own leave, but it starts now.You two are already prepared in different ways. Jaejoong has the managerial experience, and Gyuri you have the company experience, just another reason why I think this will work.”

Jaejoong then spoke, “How are the divisions being divided up for each of us?”

“The division are already divided. However instead of just me watching over both, each of you we will be taking on the different sections. The two divisions are Individual & Company and since Gyuri has herself been working in the Company division she will be responsible for them.”

“Where shall I be for this week then?” Jaejoong asked. “I want to go in right away, could I set up a formal meeting with the Individual section?”

“The meetings for both sections are already scheduled during this week to gain employee confidence.”

The room grew quiet. The boss looked at both of them.

“I’m glad to know you two are taking this well, it’s a major concern I had when making the compromise. Also, during this transitional week, as a favor to me, I would like it if you two would take lunch and not work through it, together. Just as a favor to me, to ease my own mind and to also get you two used to each other. It that possible?”

“Of course!” chimed Jaejoong pleasently.

The boss smiled and nodded, then looked to Gyuri. She nodded.

“Well now that that is settled, I still have some matters to attend to. Jaejoong, Gyuri’s office is now open to you, but it’s only temporary. It’d be best if you spent your time just getting familiar with the office and policies, you know, all the formalities. I know Gyuri is very close to a deal so I release you two for now. This afternoon I want you both to be available for some shadowing and such, more formalities. You both may go now.”

The two turn to go, Jaejoong leaves but Gyuri stops. With Jaejoong out of the office, Gyuri stood in front of her boss.

“Sir, I just wanted to thank you for chosing me, I know I still have others that aren’t convinced you made the right decision but I will definitely show them that your decision was the best. I promise.”

“Gyuri-ah, I have confidence in you. I know you have many ideas and can handle anything given to you. I know you will do well.”

“Thank you sir. I won’t let you down.”

Despite the unfortunate new partner, Gyuri was overjoyed. She had been working her way up. She was now the youngest Marketing Manager the Saya Group had ever had. She was ecstatic. Gyuri left his office and walked back to her own, Jungmin was waiting for her in the hall.

“How did everything go?”

“It’s not 100% what I wanted, but still I got it… We are moving up!!!”

She smiled at Jungmin, a move up for her meant a move up for him. He smiled right back.

“So about the other guy?”

“Don’t worry about him. He’s still not that important.”

“Okay.”

The two walked down to her office to see Jaejoong sitting at her desk. Looking up from Gyuri’s past company accounts binder he raised his hand at them.

“Hi.”

______________________________________________________________________________________

Like the new poster? n_n

Will update again soon!