His story

You Again!?

Jaejoong's grasp on Gyuri became completely loosened as he heard her words. How long had it been since he heard that name. It didn't matter, he knew exactly who she was talking about. He'd never forget that name.

He let Gyuri go and weakly smiled. "So... I guess you know about that now..."

Gyuri felt panicked as she heard Jae's heavy tone. "I... I'm sorry."

Jaejoong shook his head. "I should have told you... I'm sorry."

Gyuri felt horrible. It was obvious Leah only knew a part of the story and Jaejoong held deep emotional connections to the story as he was the one that lived through it. She felt regretful as she stood before him. "I only found out recently... Leah remembered you from their funeral. I should have stopped her. I was just... too... I didn't think."

"No, I should thank her... It's about time I talked about it with you." Jaejoong smiled softly and lifted Gyuri's chin so that their eyes met. "You should know."

Gyuri looked into Jaejoong's sincere eyes and felt a light breeze wash over them. She nodded her head. "I'm ready to hear it." 

"Okay." Jaejoong smiled and pulled on Gyuri's hand as he walked to the edge and looked over the edge. 

Standing beside him, Gyuri sqeezed his hand.

He looked to her and smiled before starting. "I guess, the best place to start is college. I was 21 she was 20. I was still very different at the time. Serious, silent... arrogant. I believed I was too important to give anyone 'below me' status wise attention. We were partnered up for a final project. She was everything I claimed to not care about. She had a normal up bringing, middle class... completely common, but she wasn't." A sweet smile crossed his face thinking of the girl.

Gyuri knew that this story involved a woman he loved... and so she knew that I might hurt her to hear it but she didn't expect to feel so bad. Still wanting to understand him, she continued to listen, hiding her face from Jaejoong.

"Han Hyojoo... She was indestructible. Did as she pleased, talked as she wanted, to whom she wanted. Completely ran me over. It was inevitable that I'd fall for her... She changed me. You remember that picture in my room that you started at?"

Gyuri nodded still hiding her face. 

"That was our year anniversary. On my 23rd birthday I proposed. We were supposed to be married the next year. Only three months before the wedding, she told me that she was pregnant with another man's child and that she had been seeing him for over a year while she was still with me. I still wouldn't leave her. She said she loved him. That man was Jaehoon." Jaejoong sighed. "I tried so hard to hold onto the pieces of her heart that still loved me... but it was useless. She left me." Jaejoong bitterly smiled. "I was too in love to see her faults, her betrayal... I think she felt guilty. After that I left Korea and traveled, lived freely without her."

Gyuri watched his face, he looked relieved. She wiped the tears out of the corner of her eyes. 

"I heard from her again after two years... She contacted me and like a fool, I talked with her and we began to email each other. It was nice. She showed me her family, her daughter... after awhile I went back to Korea and met them all. I saw Jaehoon for the first time as well as Go Eun." he paused. "I was with Go Eun, when it happened. When she lost her parents." Jaejoong stopped talking. 

Gyuri could see the pain in his eyes, as if he was reliving that day. "Jaejoong..."

"Byul... That's what I call her..." He smiled thinking of the little girl. "I left Korea a year after the funeral, another job took me elsewhere... I visit her often now though." Smiling brightly now, Jaejoong turned to see Gyuri's crying face.

"I'm sorry..." Gyuri weakly said. "I'm sorry..." 

Jaejoong smiled at her tears. She cried for him. For his pain and his loss. She cried for him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. "Thank you."

Until her tears stopped, he continued to hold her, feeling a small weight being lifted off of him. He hadn't told anyone about that part of his life before... he was glad Gyuri was the one he shared it with. Thinking about it, a thought hit him. "Gyuri... you wanted to meet her didn't you?"

Wiping her tears she nodded. With the door to Jaejoong's past open, she wanted to keep going further.

"Okay, we'll go, after we eat." 

"How can I eat?" Gyuri muttered as he held her.

"I'll make you eat... no skipping meals."

"Okay..." Gyuri nodded. Her mind was still a mess, but one thing was partially resolved... Jaejoong wasn't a father. Her trust in him hadn't changed.

The pair sat down, and quietly ate. The feeling was calm... Watching her take one last bite, Jaejoong slightly smiled at her. "Ready?"

Meeting his eyes, Gyuri nodded. "I'm ready."

They left for the day and headed to Jaejoong's car. Getting in and going, Jaejoong headed down a familiar road to him. 

Gyuri watched Jaejoong as he drove. Wondering about the other secrets he had kept inside and how he managed to come out of such a relationship like that. It also made her wonder what he saw in her. Why did Jae choose her out of all people to be with?

Soon they arrived at a blue and white house with a small yard and garden. 

"We're here." 

Escorting her out of the car and to the door, he let out a breath as Gyuri followed suit letting out a heavier sigh.

Reaching out, Jaejoong knocked on the door.

__________________________________________________________________

HELLO BEAUTIFUL READERS!!!!! <3

I hope you like it. It's a heavy chapter... Jaejoong is less mysterious now right? Sad past... :'(

As ALWAYS!!!! THANK YOU FOR SUBBING AND COMMENTING!!!! I love you all *-* <3