Phone Call

You Again!?

Their lips parted and his hands ran from the back of her shoulders to her waist. Gyuri let go of his face and turned her head.

"I'm sorry." she mumbled.

As Jae went to turn her face back towards him, his phone started ringing. The ringtone signaled that it was someone in particular calling.  

He quickly let go of Gyuri and answered it.

---

"Hello?"

What's wrong?"

"Minhee, what's wrong!?"

"The hospital?"

"I'll be right there."

---

He closed his phone and looked over to Gyuri.

"You're leaving?" she asked, having heard his responses on the phone.

He nodded looking worried, "I'll be back, there is some place I have to go." 

"Then go. I'll be fine. I promise not to break anything." She smiled half-heartedly.  He was leaving her to be with someone else. 

He smiled at her, "I'll be back soon."

He grabbed his keys and left. Running down the staircase instead of waiting for the elevator, his mind was now only thinking about one person.

Seeing him run out, she felt like an idiot. She slunk back into the wall. She didn't want to stay there. She had been left there rejected. He had rejected her.

With those thoughts lurking in her mind she thought of Hyukjae. Even at this moment he was waiting for her. He hadn't left her to be with someone else. Her feelings in this place were only one sided. She hated it.

Gyuri walked back into the living room to retrieve her purse and pulled out her phone.

___________________________________________________

Jaejoong returned to his apartment an hour and a half later, it was empty. Gyuri was gone. With no note left, the only proof that she had ever been there was the broken glass on the floor in the kitchen.

He started thinking of where she could have gone. She had no car and he doubted that she walked on her own. He called her cell. She had turned it off. He called up Jungmin and found out that Gyuri had asked him to pick her up and drop her off at home. Jungmin started asking Jaejoong his own questions.

"She wouldn't say anything while driving home. What did you do?"

"So she's at home now?" he replied not answering the question. "Is she alone?"

"She's home, what did you do?" Jungmin asked again.

Still ignoring him Jaejoong hung up and ran back out to his car. His mood was heavy and he couldn't get her face out of his mind. 

He drove to Gyuri's apartment and went up to her floor.  He stood in front of her door and knocked.  

In her bed Gyuri heard the noise and looked at her clock. 2:31 AM. She got out of bed and walked over to the door as the knocking became progressively louder. She looked through the peep hole and saw Jaejoong.    

"I know you're right behind this door." he said.

Gyuri thought for a moment, took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Are you out of your mind? You'll wake my neighbors."

"Why did you leave?" Jaejoong asked feeling relieved at the sight of her face.

"I left because I wanted to sleep in my own bed. You should go home. It's late. Why did you come out here anyway?"

Jaejoong thought to himself. "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well, I'm fine as you can see." she gave him a smile, "Go home. I'm okay." She was swallowing up her own feelings to make him leave. She didn't want to be rejected a second time, the first time hurt her enough.  "I'll see you on Monday. We have a whole campaign to get started."

Jaejoong kept watching her face, she hadn't looked away from him and her smile seemed real. He felt strange, Gyuri was acting as if absolutely nothing had happened. She was so convincing, that he started wondering if he had just imagined it all. The thought pained him. He stood in front of her silent.

"So I'll see you Monday then right?" Gyuri smiled, it was her final attempt to make him leave.

It worked.

Jaejoong kept looking at her strangely but he nodded and she closed the door. Behind the closed door Gyuri walked to her couch. She had forced herself to forget the last couple of hours. It hurt hiding herself, but watching him leave her earlier had hurt more.

She wasn't sure what she was going to do on Monday but one thing she did know now was what her answer to Hyukjae would be.

_______________________________________________________________________ 

Well writing this chapter was a little interesting for me. I had like 5 possible situations that could have occurred after the kiss but this one felt the most appropriate for Gyuri. Sorry It's short! I'll update soon~! Their story is getting a bit more complicated than originally planned n_n;;