Lunch

You Again!?

Despite having a good first lunch together, the two had missed going to lunch together three days in a row due to their hectic schedule. The transitional period was a busy and delicate one.

The two had only really seen each other in the morning of everyday and to Gyuri's relief she hadn't spent more than five minutes at a time with Jaejoong.

Then Friday arrived.

Jaejoong had arrived before Gyuri and left a note on her desk.

She saw it as she put down her bags. She picked it up and read it.

"You owe me lunch."

Gyuri laughed. Jaejoong no longer felt like a demanding person, just a simple one.

Since he was out of the office when she got there, she left a reply note on his desk. (Which he had gotten just the other day that currently faced her own from across the room.)

She walked back to her desk, Jungmin arrived and the two began work.

Jaejoong came back to his desk and despite the early morning grind he smiled seeing a reply note.

"Fine, do you want lunch today?"

Before he headed out again for another round of meetings he scribbled another note, walked over to Gyuri and Jungmin and put the note on the edge of her desk.

Gyuri and Jungmin stared at him as he walked out of the office. Jungmin looked at Gyuri and then both reached for the note.

Jungmin, who was quicker and closer, snatched the note up.

"Hey! That's for me Jungmin!"

"What does 'yes' mean?" Jungmin asked reading the note.

Gyuri stood up and snatched the note out of his hands.

"Yes."

That was silly, he could have just told me.

"So what does it mean?" Jungmin asked again.

"It means nothing. Come on lets continue, this small account is interfering with my other work and I need you assisting Younha."

"F i n e."

The two got back to work but when she found the chance, Gyuri hurriedly wrote another note back to Jaejoong and left it on his desk. She enjoyed writing notes to him... it was better than actually facing him, because she was a lot calmer when writing notes, she also didn't have to worry about him talking back.

After more prep work Gyuri left for her meeting.

It was around 1:15 PM by the time she got back, Jaejoong was sitting at his desk. The note from Gyuri was in his hands.

After settling into her desk, Gyuri had noticed that there was no reply note from him.

Not letting herself be bothered, she supposed that she'd try and grab a snack later. As she turned to begin replying emails, a figure appeared hovering over her computer screen. She looked up and saw Jaejoong.

"Now." he said.

"Excuse me?" she replied.

"N - O - W" he said again.

"Now what?"

Jaejoong took the note she wrote out of his pocket and pointed at it.

"What time?"

"Let's go now." Jaejoong said again.

"Can we reschedule?" Gyuri asked, thinking about the work that needed to get done.

"No, I haven't eaten and you owe me lunch. Let's go."

Gyuri reached for her purse to give him money but before she could hand it to him, he held her hand to stop her.

"Aren't you hungry too?" he asked.

Gyuri pulled her hand out of his grasp.

"No, I'm fine." as the lie left her lips, her stomach growled.

Jaejoong looked at her suspiciously "Really not hungry?"

"Really." Her stomach growled again.

Not giving her an option he grabbed her hand again. "Let's go. There's this place I want you to take me to."

Okay, she was hungry... work could wait a little.

"I'll come, I'll come, just stop grabbing my hand."

"Okay." He let go of her hand and began to lead.

The two walked out of the office and down the hall.

"Are we going somewhere far?" Gyuri asked.

"Not too far."

"Walking distance?"

"No. Don't you have a car?" Jaejoong asked.

"..." She felt her pride slightly hit. She didn't have a car. She got her license and everything but she didn't have a car, she never owned one, only had borrowed one from her grandfather. It's not that she couldn't afford it.. she just never felt the need. Everything in the city was so close and bus routes had become so efficient... it wasn't a big deal... lots of people didn't have a car! YEAH!

"A lot of people don't have cars." she replied.

"Do you have one?"

"No." She expected him to give her a hard time but instead she received a calm reply.

"We can take my car." he said smiling.

Jae continued to lead her as they approached his car.

"Never thought I'd take another ride in this car." Gyuri said.

"Right?" Jaejoong chuckled.

"Were you really going leave me alone after I ate with you?" Gyuri asked, remembering the reason she got into his car the 1st time. 

"It depended." he replied thoughtfully.

"Depended on what?" she asked curiously.

"The way things went."

"Did they go the way you expected?"

Jaejoong started the car then looked at Gyuri and flashed a brilliant smile.

"It went better than expected."

Ugh... A grimace crossed her face.

After driving for over 15 minutes Gyuri started getting worried about their destination... but she didn't speak up until 30 minutes later.

"Where are we going!?" she demanded.

"The beach."

"The beach!? We were supposed to go out to lunch not the beach!"

"Relax."

"I need to call Jungmin and tell him I'll be late."

"Don't worry, he already knows."

"What?"

"Relax, the company will be fine for a couple of hours without you."

"." Gyuri took out her phone and began to search for a wireless signal.

"What are you doing?" Jae said looking over at Gyuri.

"There are some things I need to do! I didn't plan for such a long lunch."

"Stop it." he said, swatting at her phone.

"Pay attention to the road!!!"

"Stop messing with your phone and relax. The world won't end if you relax for a bit."

"Says you." she muttered.

Jaejoong laughed at her.

Gyuri held onto her phone but soon gave up finding a signal... 'Covered everywhere my '.

The two finally arrived at the beach. The location was beautiful with a row of new beach houses lining the shore.

"It's pretty isn't it?" Jaejoong asked.

"Another spot you found?"

"Nah, I can't take credit."

"Now where to?"

"Just over here."

Out of habit, he grabbed her hand and lead her to a beach house, a very beautiful beach house.

"Is this a restaurant?" she asked.

"You'll see soon enough."

He lead her to the biggest house in the row of beach houses and opened the door to reveal a dark interior. With Gyuri behind him he flipped on the light switch and a roar of "Surprise's" filled the room.

Gyuri was indeed surprised. She had gotten so caught up in work that she didn't even notice that Jungmin didn't return from his lunch or that the offices were extremely quiet. She didn't notice at all. She looked around and saw a banner that read "Congrats on your promotion."  She saw Jungmin run over to her clapping.

"Did you do this?" Gyuri asked.

"Yep! You didn't think I'd let a promotion this big go uncelebrated did you?"

Gyuri hugged Jungmin, he seriously was such an amazing guy.

As things would turn out, Jungmin had planned for the party to kick start the 3 Day MT. Where the old boss would pass on the torch and the new bosses would spend more "quality time with the marketing division." It was all about team building. In her busy week Gyuri forgot all about it. 

The row of beach houses had been rented so everyone would be staying for the 3 days.

After eating and chatting with her co-workers, then eating again and talking some more, Gyuri walked around the exterior of the house looking out towards the beach. She saw Jaejoong there.

______________________________________________________________________________________

[Chapter 10 Preview]   

"What happened?" he asked his red faced boss.

"Nothing!" she said closing her door.

Jungmin turned and looked at Jaejoong.

"Are you ?" he asked.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

More fun things in the works~!

Comments are always appreciated! Thanks for reading!