Summoned

You Again!?

Standing in front of her apartment door Gyuri found herself in the company of three unknown suit wearing gentlemen. From what she had learned they not only knew her name but also said that she had been 'summoned'. The last time Gyuri had heard that word she had been watching a Crime & Punishment tv show. Needless to say whatever it was she was being 'summoned' to didn't sound too pleasant. 

"We are here to you." The older man said. He then motioned for the two younger men to her.

"Wait!" Gyuri said. "I'm not Park Gyuri!" It was a risky move to lie but uncertain about where they wanted to take her, Gyuri thought on her feet. 

"You're not?" He replied. 

"I'm not." She lied. 

The older man then motioned for the man carrying a bag to walk toward him. He then reached into the bag and pulled out a small folder. He smiled and clicked his tongue inside the top of his mouth creating a 'tsk' noise. "You're definitely Park Gyuri, don't worry, you'll be fine."

Not feeling any confidence in the man's words, Gyuri reached into her purse for her pepper spray.

Seeing the woman's quick action the younger men quickly stopped her as the older gentleman lightly laughed, "I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Shin Heejun. I work for President Kun Hee."

Hearing the name of Jaejoong's father, Gyuri's eyes widened. "President Kun Hee?"

"Yes. The very same."

A mixture of confusion and intrigue formed on Gyuri's face. "The President wishes to see me?"

Mr. Shin lightly nodded his head. "He does."

"Right now?" She asked further.

Mr. Shin nodded with a small smile.

"I... don't look suitable, I need to get cleaned up." 

The older gentleman looked at Gyuri. "You look perfectly fine to me."

Gyuri shook her head. "If you could give me a moment-" 

"Would you keep him waiting then?"

"Ah... no." She responded looking down.

"Then let's go." Mr. Shin nodded to the two men to help Gyuri out. 

Walking out of her apartment complex Gyuri was escorted into a sleek and stylish imported black car. They rode in silence until Gyuri thought of a question she should have asked at the beginning. 

"Why does President Hee want to see me?"

"You'll find out soon enough."

"Is it related to Jaejoong?" She asked.

Suddenly Gyuri's mind filled with a mess of different possible situations of why he wanted to see her. Maybe he was going to forbid her from seeing Jae... or maybe he was going to acknowledge her finally? What if he just wanted to talk. What if he was going to test her? What kind of test would it be? Were any of Jaejoong's other girlfriends summoned the same way?

As her mind continued to think of possible situations, they arrived at the familiar and prestigious manor.

Walking into the house, Gyuri felt the same nervousness that she felt when first entering. She walked the same path for a while before being escorted to a different area of the home. Going up a flight of stairs and down another hall she now stood before a large door. She looked to her escorts for guidance.

The younger of the two men knocked on the door. "She is here."

After a moment a low voice responded from behind the doors. "Let her in."

The motioned for her to enter and Gyuri took a deep breath before entering the room.

Looking around the room Gyuri found that it was an office. A very decadently decorated office. Looking straight ahead, she saw the back of a large chair that sat behind a rather intimidating and ornate desk. Unsure of what to do with herself, she stood a few feet in front of the desk. 

"Please have a seat." Kun Hee said with his back still facing her as he sat in the large chair. 

Gyuri obeyed and sat down in one of the chairs located in front of the desk. "President Kun Hee, I..."

Turning around and facing Gyuri finally Kun Hee interrupted her. "You must be curious as to why I've call you here."

"Very." Gyuri replied nodding.

"You seem like a smart girl Gyuri, so I won't waste your time with word play today."

Seeing the President talk to her so actively was strange. The last time she met with him, he had hardly even acknowledged her presence, let alone engaged her in a conversation. Gyuri instantly knew that he wanted something from her and whatever it was wouldn't be something simple.

"I'm going to propose that we work together. With you mainly working for me, but the situation is 'win win' so everything will work out well for the both of us." Kun Hee paused for a moment and saw that Gyuri was listening intently. He continued, "It seems as though my son is a bit attached to you. He rarely introduces us to anyone and the fact that not only did he bring you to us and introduce you but also that he gave me a piece of his mind when I didn't show interest that day, tells me about his attachment and affection for you."

Listening, Gyuri couldn't help but feel thankful to Kun Hee for sharing the information about Jae getting upset at him that day. Jaejoong hardly talked with his father and for Jae to specifically talk to him because of how she  was upset that day made her happy. She only hoped that the president wouldn't bear any ill feeling towards her for it.

"You must know that I run a rather large company, and that Jaejoong is my only son, with my elder daughter being already married into a different family. The company is his future and although he tells me he will inherit my seat, he constantly follows that up with the word 'eventually.' It's his time to take his seat now, but I feel as though he is more reluctant to take his proper place because of you."

"Because of me?" Gyuri asked with quizzical look on her face.

"It's as I mentioned before, his attachment to you. You two currently work together correct?"

"Yes sir, we are co-managers."

"Well, this is where I need your cooperation. With you working for a company that isn't mine, Jaejoong too will continue to work for a company that isn't mine. So I have arranged two options."

"Options?"

"Proposals, I should say. The first is to have you join my company and bring along my son with you. You'd be compensated well and the job would pay a large amount more than your current one. You'd do the same work you currently do as well."

"And the second?" Gyuri asked, not too fond of the proposal she first heard.

"You break off whatever relationship you have with my son, causing him to have no attachment to you and thus making it easier for him to come to my company. You'll still be compensated very well."

Gyuri stared at the President. "You want me to manipulate your son for you using my relationship with him?"

Kun Hee smiled. "You see, I knew you were a smart girl."

___________________________________________________________________________

Hello!!!! And Yay! an Update! Sorry it's a bit short! It felt right to cut the chapter right there!

I just keep throwing things for Gyuri to deal with all at once! Muahahahah lol.

As ALWAYS thanks for reading and commenting! n_n <3