Dinner

You Again!?

[7:25 PM]

The two teams had returned to the beach an hour ago. No longer divided with there being no more games for the day, it was time to just relax.

Gyuri was back in her room checking emails and finalizing more aspects of her project. She heard a knock at her door.

"Can I come in?" a voice asked.

"Who is it?" she replied.

"Your favorite person~"

Gyuri smiled, it had to be Jungmin.

"Come in."

"You must be in a good mood again." they said as they opened the door.

Looking up Gyuri didn't see the face she was expecting to see.

"Jaejoong? Where's Jungmin?"

"I don't know. Why? Did you need him?"

"It was you that knocked then?"

"Yeah." Jaejoong said.

"Oh."

"So your favorite person is Jungmin?" Jaejoong asked curiously.

Nodding, Gyuri smiled sweetly "At work, he definitely is my favorite person."

Jaejoong felt a tinge of something seeing her smile like that...he had never seen that smile before.

"What does he do to earn such a smile from you? Is he a lover?" Jaejoong asked casually.

Gyuri looked back up at him. "I hardly think that's any of your business."

Her response wasn't what he was looking for, he expected her to flatly deny a relationship... but she had opted for a different route. Interesting.

Feeling control over the conversation, Gyuri changed the topic.

"So what do you want?"

"I wanted a better look at your room." he replied as he walked further into her room.

"Get out."

"I actually had a question for you."

"What is it?"

"Is it hard to walk with those stubby 2nd place legs of yours?"

Gyuri's faced formed the now familiar scowl that Jaejoong had come to enjoy.

"We tied! I didn't get second, WE TIED!! And my legs ARE NOT stubby! Yours are just freakishly long!"

Jaejoong laughed at her.

"You're so childish! Get Out!" Gyuri shouted. She wasn't so much angry with what he said just more so at the fact that he was distracting her.

"Okay okay, they actually wanted me to remind you that the formal dinner is in an hour."

"Oh ."

"Forgot?"

"Don't you need to go get ready too?" Gyuri asked Jaejoong.

"I'm a guy, I only need 10 minutes." he said looking at himself in her room's mirror.

She scowled at him. "I'll be there. On time."

"Can I see what you've done to the project so far?" Jaejoong asked getting closer to her laptop.

Respecting his opinion as a partner in the project she easily agreed. "Yeah, here look."

At her agreeing, Jaejoong walked behind her and leaned over her shoulder. Gyuri could feel his breath on her skin, causing her to quickly shift out of his way.

"How about I just email it to you?" She asked wanting him to move away from her.

"That sounds good."

"I'm gonna get ready now, so you should leave."

"See you at 8:30!" Jaejoong said as he left.

Gyuri felt her face grow warm, she could still feel his breath on her skin and even though her face was warming up she could feel chill run through her.

_______________________________________________________________________

Back in his own room Jaejoong received a call.

"So when are you going to come over and see me again?" the voice on the phone asked.

"As soon as I can." Jae replied.

"Can you come now?" the voice asked eagerly.

"Be patient, I'll come over on Monday. How does that sound?"

"Okay, but you have to promise."

"I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise, now get some sleep."

"Okay, I will Goodnight."

"I love you." Jaejoong said sweetly.

"I love you too." the voice replied.

__________________________________________________________________________

[8:25 PM]

Gyuri walked out of her room and was greeted by Jungmin.

"Nice dress."

"You chose it." Gyuri replied.

"I did, didn't I?" Jungmin smiled arrogantly. 

"What would I do without you?"

"Probably die." he said playfully.

Gyuri laughed. He really was her favorite person at work. She used to think he liked her until she found out more about him. He just was a great person. One of the people Gyuri could reply on.

"You look good too." Gyuri said, complementing her assistant's taste.

"Of course. You ready?"

"Yeah, let's go."

They walked down the stairs. Waiting in the open kitchen Jaejoong was wearing a stylish 3 piece suit. He looked up. Gyuri was in a white dress that shined. Her hair was down around her shoulders and was in a wavy style. She looked stunning.

"You look pretty." Jaejoong said smiling at her as she continued down the stairs.

"Thanks... "

Jaejoong walked towards her and put his hand out for her to hold as she went down the last step. For the first time, Gyuri willingly gave him her hand. When she reached the last step he didn't give it back, instead he held onto it and linked their arms formally. Not shaking him off, Gyuri followed him and the trio walked towards the main beach house where the first party had been held. It would be their last night at the beach.

The dinner was formal and as such the large house was decorated accordingly. There was the same mingling as before, but this night the company "figure heads" were present and they brilliantly invited their clients to assure them of the future of the company.

Sitting at the "Figure Head" table, Gyuri & Jaejoong were responsible for representing the new marketing division. They were definitely in the spotlight and every action they made and every word they said, was being analyzed.

After a few speeches and dinner the mingling began once again with a live band playing in the background for atmosphere.

The night had progressed well. No major issues, no small issues.

Just as she was making her way back to her own table from chatting with one of their older clients, Gyuri passed by a guy that called out to her.

"Gyuri-ah..."

Gyuri turned around, the voice echoed through her. It felt so familiar, as if it came from a memory.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

[Ch 13 Preview]

How long ago was it? That time when they first met each other. The awkwardness between them, the closeness. Seeing him, Gyuri felt a wave of emotions wash over her, 'regret' dominated them all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :) All the comments have been encouraging! <3 More things shall be revealed in time~ n_n Also sorry that this chapter was a bit short! Next chapter is more lengthy!