Meeting

You Again!?

[5:02 PM]

“What do you mean no electricity?” Gyuri questioned to Eunjung over the phone. She had just finished the last errand of the day but it seemed as though she’d have to be out a little longer.

“Well, when I got home I noticed that when I flipped the switch the light wouldn’t go on.” Eunjung explained.

“It is really all off? No one else is affected?”

“Yeah, it’s just us.”

“That doesn’t make sense. Wait. You did send the money off right?” 

“Uh?” Eunjung said weakly.

“Eunjung I told you two weeks ago!”

“I must have forgotten… I'm sorry. ” her voice diminished over the phone even more.

“I’ll go take care of it.” Gyuri hung up. She’d have to go to the bank now to fix it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 [5:25 PM] - Bank 

“I need to move some money in my accounts around.”

“No Problem Sir!” the teller responded.

“I also need to make a withdrawl."

“Understood Mr. Kim. We’ll take care of that for you.”

Jaejoong nodded in acknowledgement. His next step was to scout an area. Far enough and yet close enough… a happy medium that wouldn’t upset the balance he had to create. He’d start his search in this area.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

[5:28 PM]

Gyuri walked into the bank. A quick transfer and she’d be out. She looked at all of the lines, it seemed as though all were long. She walked further into the bank and rushed over to the shortest line. There was only person ahead of her. Lucky! 

Jaejoong felt a presence behind him. He looked back to see a girl fidgeting around. He stared at the woman who was intently reading something on her phone. She seemed familiar to him. The downward slant of her eyes. Dark long eyelashes, even the oval shape of her face.

Gyuri looked up and saw his eyes on her. Unfazed, she put her phone down and looked back at him.

“Excuse me, did you say something to me?” she asked.

“Hm? No, I didn’t.”

Seeing that she was unfazed he continued to stare, getting a better look at her face.

“Have we met before?” Jaejoong asked, still trying to place her.

“No, I don’t think so.” he kept staring at her, so with child-like mentality she just plainly stared back at him. Looking up at him she saw a well defined face with sharp features. He had deep eyes, a defined jawline and good skin. He was actually not too unattractive.

“Are you sure?” he asked taking a step closer to her as he waited for the teller to call him back.

“I don’t…” As she continued looking at him it clicked. “Oh yeah! You took the cab I worked to flag down! This morning!” It was him, that rude guy she encountered at the airport.

“No… that doesn’t sound familiar to me." he said, flatly rejecting her accusation. "Did I meet you before in the States?”

“I haven’t been in awhile… but you did steal my cab at the airport today.” she replied.

“Are you accusing me of being a thief?”   

“Uh?” His quick change in tone shocked her a bit. "Well you did take my cab.” Gyuri felt her voice get softer.

“You don’t even know a person and you accuse them of stealing?”

"But I know it was you. I saw your face… and you’re wearing the same suit.”

“Well, I don’t remember it.” he said dropping the topic. “Are you sure we haven’t met before? You look like someone I remember.” His face came closer to her own. Apparently he had no sense of personal space. He continued talking.

“Then again your skin isn’t as light and clear and looking closer, you seem heavier… your hair wasn’t as frizzy and damaged either… maybe I am mistaken.”

Gyuri stood there amazed that she had just been insulted by a guy she didn’t even know… How dare he! She felt her face get warm as blood rushed in anger and embarrassment.

“Well I think you’re right! You must be mistaken!!” she barked back at him.

“Your face is getting red.” Jaejoong said casually, feeling a strange sense of enjoyment that he easily made her so upset.

Gyuri stared at him half pissed off and half confused. Normal people don’t act this way. He must be socially inept.

“You’ll get wrinkles if you keep scowling like that.” Jaejoong said, now fully enjoying the situation with a smirk.

Gyuri moved her gaze from his face to the floor.

“Then let me get wrinkles! I don’t care!” The harsh tone of her own voiced slightly shocked her... this guy was really able to get under her skin.

“That’s a shame, your face isn’t actually all that bad. You shouldn’t ruin it with wrinkles.” he lightly touched her forehead as if to stop her from furrowing her brow.

"WHY IS HE TOUCHING ME!!" she yelled mentally. The desire to slap his hand away from her was overpowered by her complete shock that he touched her. She kept her gaze lowered. 

Jaejoong removed his hand and stood there still facing her direction as if waiting for a response. Gyuri continued to burn holes into the floor, avoiding him. Getting bored, Jaejoong tilted his head down in order to fall back into her line of view.

“I was talking to you.” he said making her look at him.

“Well I wasn’t talking to you.” she said sharply, still clearly annoyed. Jaejoong chuckled.

“Sorry for the wait sir.” The teller had returned.

Jaejoong turned back around to the teller and Gyuri sighed in relief.

“All the transfers have been approved as well as the withdrawl.”

“Great.”

“Have a good day Mr. Kim.”

Jaejoong turned back around to leave but just to have a little bit of fun before he left as he passed by Gyuri he said “See you around.”

In response, he received another scowl that made him laugh.

After he left, Gyuri’s day became much quieter and pleasant. She got the bill paid and left.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Reading!