Monday

You Again!?

[1:36 AM]

Gyuri tossed in her queen sized bed, unable to sleep. She usually had trouble sleeping but this time it wasn't because of work. No, work was no longer stressing her since she started working with Jaejoong on the campaign. She felt good about work. It was something else, someone else.

Hyukjae was on her mind. He had been the one to leave her. So why comeback now? He's the one that disappeared. She had been fine for so long without him. Why did she let him hold her? She hated him for leaving, she hated him for coming back... but she missed him, so much.

Feeling that something was wrong, Eunjung walked over to her friend's room and opened the door.

"Gyuri, are you okay?"

Hearing her friend's concerned words for her, Gyuri began to cry. She wasn't alright. Not at all.

Eunjung climbed into Gyuri's bed and held her dear friend. She had known Gyuri well enough to understand she was someone who'd hold things inside if she could help it and when she broke down she really broke down. 

Letting Gyuri cry in her arms, the two eventually fell asleep.

____________________________________________________________________________

[8:45 AM]

Jaejoong swung into work happily, as seemingly carefree as he was, he seemed even more upbeat then usual. Gyuri was already at her desk immersed in busy work that needed to be taken care of. She had gotten a minimal amount of sleep and was still weary from last night, but she worked hard at keeping face.

She saw Jaejoong walk towards her desk.

"You ready?" he asked.

"One moment."

Today they were moving into their new office and she needed to clean up her desk. Jaejoong had offered his assistance in helping her move. The two carried boxes up while others worked to move the bigger items. Moving in the last of the items a moving worker approached Gyuri.

"The divider you ordered is here. Did you want us to set it up for you?"

"Divider?" Jaejoong repeated looking at Gyuri. She avoided his glance.

The worker repeated himself.

"Did you want us to put it up?"

"It's not necessary." she said, trying to keep the conversation between herself and the worker.

"Are you sure?" Jaejoong asked his partner.

Gyuri turned to face him, teeth bared.

"That's a new one." he said, responding to the look on her face.

She looked back to the worker.

"Just leave it here for now."

"No problem M'am." The worker turned and left.

Gyuri turned her own attention to Jaejoong. "Will you be able to stay late tonight?"

"How forward of you."

"It's for work."

"Whatever you want to call it is fine with me."

"I'm being serious. I need to know if you can stay tonight."

He shook his head. "I have an important promise to keep today."

"Oh. Are you meeting up with someone?"

"Yep."

"Someone important?"

Jaejoong titled his head, slightly intrigued as to why Gyuri seemed so interested. "Yeah, they are important to me, precious even."

"I see."

"What did you need?"

"It's the campaign, I sent the company a revised version and they wanted to set up a presentation time. "It's gonna be on Thursday, I just wanted to work through some details with you today since I know the rest of the week is gonna go by fast."

"How about a power lunch?"

"You mean work on it through lunch?"

"Yeah."

Gyuri nodded. "That'd work."

Jaejoong smiled and patted her nodding head like he did before.

"Are you going to make this a reoccurring thing?" Gyuri asked.

"Only when you act that way."

"Act what way?"

"Cute."

With that, he walked away from her and began organizing his area. The office was large, but with two desks inside at opposite ends, it didn't seem as intimidating as it used to.

The partners worked through lunch together and soon normal business hours were over.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Jaejoong said as he left their office.

"See ya." Gyuri responded, now the last one there.

Sitting at her desk she spun her chair around playing by herself to relieve a little of the day's stress.

Not having left yet Jaejoong saw her through the open glass doors and laughed quietly.

She's a funny one, that's for sure.

He then left to his car.

Gyuri stopped messing around and began packing up. As she cleaned her desk her phone began to ring. It was Eunjung.

"Hello?"

"Hey are you on your way home?" Eunjung asked.

"Yeah I'm cleaning up, the bus should be here in about 10. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I just needed to pre-warn you."

"Pre-warn me about what?" Gyuri asked.

"Hyukjae is here. I didn't know what to do, he said you two needed to talk."

"How did he know I was living with you now?"

"He told me that he's been calling up old friends."

"Okay, I'll be home in a bit."

Gyuri hung up. She'd have to face him. She didn't want to. She was hoping he'd just leave her as she was but that was impossible now.

_____________________________________________________________

[6:48 PM]

Jaejoong arrived at a blue and white decently sized house with a small yard and garden. It was the same place he went to last time on "personal business." He had kept his promise to visit again. Outside of the house, he was greeted by beautiful young woman.

"Jaejoong-shii, I'm glad you came."

"Of course I'd come, I'd never break my promise."

Following the woman, Jaejoong went inside the house.

____________________________________________________________

[7:02 PM]

Gyuri stood before her apartment. She was reluctant to go in. She dreamt about talking with him and asking him all the questions she had for three years but now that the moment had come she wasn't sure she was ready. Still, she walked inside, went up the elevator to the fourth floor and walked down the hall to her door.

__________________________________________________________

A bit short, sorry~

Thanks for reading & commenting!