Changes

You Again!?

Gyuri glanced up at Jaejoong from her desk. He was happily working away on their proposal for expansion into Japan. Proposal. Looking back down to her own work, Gyuri tightly shut her own eyes and shook her golden locks. The morning from last week was still fresh in her mind. Jaejoong had suggested that they get married. Suggested... Not proposed... Suggested. Perhaps that's why he seemed to be okay with her not responding. It was only a suggestion, one that didn't require a reply. Yet, it became the only thing Gyuri could think about, even at work, her safe and sacred environment. If Jaejoong did actually propose would she say 'yes'? She hadn't even told him she loved him, well at least not when he was awake. What would she say?

Sighing, Gyuri laid her head down on her desk. Seeing his boss in such a troubled way, Jungmin walked over to her and patted her back. He then reached for her hand and pulled on her, wanting her to join him for a stroll. Gyuri was thankful for the assistance and held his hand tightly as she got up and walked with him.

"So I hear Eunjung is engaged and moving out." Jungmin said, walking alongside Gyuri.

"Yeah..."

"They've been together so long, I think It's about time."

Gyuri nodded. "It was better that they waited though right?"

Jungmin looked over to Gyuri, "What do you mean?"

"My parents were engaged after two years, my grandparent waited three years... I too also knew Hyukjae for more than two years before becoming engaged. Accumulating time is important before getting engaged isn't it?"

Jungmin saw the familiar look in Gyuri's eyes. She was looking for a definite answer. He smiled, she always was this type of person. Someone that wanted yes or no. There was no grey area for her, she couldn't stand grey area. However, being the caring friend that he was, he didn't give her what she wanted, instead he gave her what she needed. "It depends." Gyuri sighed at his reply, prompting him to explain his answer. "I've actually heard a story where a man went on one blind date with a woman and spent only three hours with her before proposing."

"Did the woman say yes?"

"She sure did, they have a son now and are still happily married."

Gyuri frowned at Jungmin's story. "You liar."

"I'm not lying!" Jungmin replied defensively. "I know them!"

"Oh yeah? How?"

Jungmin smiled. "They just happened to raise me." Gyuri's eyes widened in surprise and then a smile formed on her face.

"But some people are just meant to be."

Jungmin nodded and smirked. "So you do understand then." Unknowingly, Gyuri had just answered her own question. Some were just meant to be, so time accumulated didn't matter as much as she thought it did. "So what's been on your mind these days?" Jungmin asked.

Gyuri sighed and looked upwards. "Change."

"Change?" Jungmin repeated.

"Yeah, things are changing again, and I'm not sure I'm ready."

Jungmin nudged Gyuri playfully. "You're always prepared though. How can you not be ready?"

"Well, I just want to hold onto the way things are right now. You know me. I'm stubborn."

"True, true, you are stubborn." Gyuri playfully hit Jungmin in the arm for agreeing too easily. "But I think you're short changing yourself." Jungmin dropped his light hearted tone and looked more seriously at Gyuri. "You are ready for change, in fact you've been changing and growing so much in these last few months that it's really quite amazing... I'm actually a bit jealous."

Gyuri looked down, she was really lucky to have a friend such as Jungmin. "This is why I'm not ready." she mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Jungmin asked confused.

Gyuri smiled and looked up at her dear assistant. "You know that position in the developing sector? The one I told you to go for?"Jungmin nodded. 

"Yeah, but I didn't apply for it. I didn't want to, there's no way I'd get it."

Gyuri smirked and shook her head. "I think you're the one that underestimates yourself. Don't you know  just how brilliant and talented you really are?" She smacked Jungmin on the shoulder an smiled brightly. "I recommended you for the job, and this morning they made their decision."

Jungmin smiled at Gyuri, "Thanks, but they didn't choose me did they?"

Smacking the top of his head Gyuri yelled, "Of course they choose you silly! Why else would I tell you any of this? You're not going to be my assistant anymore!"

Jungmin felt a wave of shock hit him. Even though he had said he wasn't interested in the job, he had looked over it but lacked the confidence to put his name in for consideration. He didn't want to leave Gyuri either... but she had wanted him too to grow and change and improve. Touched by his boss's actions, tears welled up in his eyes. "I got the position?" He asked, trying to cover his shaking voice.

Seeing her assistant, Gyuri glowed with happiness. "Yeah, you did. By your merits alone too. They didn't even need my recommendation."

Allowing a tear to fall from his right eye he threw his arms around his friend and embraced her. "Thank you... "  Wrapping her own arms around Jungmin, Gyuri smiled and hugged him back.

"I'm proud of you." Holding her assistant in her arms, Gyuri was once again comforted. Changes were still coming at her, and whether she liked them or not she decided that she'd also embrace them with open arms. Starting with Minhee. 


And so I'm back with an update! Very Jungmin centric but I still hoped you enjoyed! Gyuri's friendship with him is very important and this chapter signifies a lot of different things!

Thanks for sticking with me and supporting this story. As my first fanfic, I am deeply touched by all of the support I've gotten. Thank you all <3