Happily Ever After

You Again!?

The day Miyeon entered Gyuri's life was the end. The end of a battle with Minhee, the end of Gyuri's unresolved problem with Jaejoong's father. The end of much unnecessary drama in Gyuri's life. Much like her brother, Miyeon was a woman who did as she pleased. It was in her nature to be bold and outgoing and being the older sibling, she set an unusual standard for Jaejoong. Granting him a certain freedom, that he only realized was his when he became an adult.

Jaejoong eventually found out about everything that had happened on the day Miyeon picked Gyuri up. His initial reaction was one of shock at learning of Minhee's scheming, and then regret. Regret that he hadn't realized sooner that Gyuri was struggling alone. He wanted to be Gyuri's night in shinning armor whenever possible and was upset with himself for a while. However, in usual Jae style, he bounced back and decided that the only thing he could do now was to love the woman even more; and he did.

The endings that Miyeon brought with her allowed Gyuri to have a new beginning. Thinking back on it all, Gyuri owed a lot to the unstoppable woman. 

Laying upright and looking to her side, she lightly touched the still unbelievably smooth and flawless face of Kim Jaejoong. In the early hours of the morning she always had the man to herself. These days she had become selfish for his presence, even though the two of them still worked closely together at Kim Industries.  Hearing loud and fast footsteps approach her room, Gyuri looked to her closed door from her bed.  

"Changmin! Stop running in the house! Mom and dad are going to get mad at you for waking them up!"

"But Jiyoung! Mom said we were going to visit Auntie Nicole and Leah today at grandma's! I wanna see the new baby!"

"Yeah, but mom said we wouldn't go until two! It's only nine!"

"I don't care. I'm gonna call Go Eun and have her take us then. Daddy bought her a car for her birthday this year!"  

"Fine! Get in trouble!" Jiyoung yelled back, as her younger brother ran to grab the house phone. 

Smiling as she watched her husband wake up, Gyuri kissed Jaejoong affectionately. "Now that's what I'd rather wake up to... Why are the kids yelling?" Jae asked yawning.

"Changmin wants to see Nicole and Jinwoon's new baby already and Jiyoung is just acting in her role as older sister."  

"So the usual?"

"Yeah, the usual." 

Seeing Gyuri move to get out of bed, Jaejoong pulled her back and threw the comforter over them. "If we keep quiet, I bet we can have another thirty minutes to ourselves..."

"No way, I'd say ten at the most." Gyuri replied, also whispering.

"Fine, ten." Interlocking their hands, the bands around both their left ring fingers symbolized their ten years of marriage. Though Jaejoong had mentioned marriage a few times and indirectly asked twice, it was Gyuri that properly asked Jaejoong's hand in marriage. It was unusual, but their entire relationship was unusual. From how they first met to where they were now. Being loved by someone like Jaejoong, anyone's life was bound to become unique.    

It was a life Gyuri never envisioned for herself. After Hyukjae, she never thought she'd allow herself to fall for any man. Then Jaejoong happened, and her controlled world became chaotic. 

Kissing the man, a smile wouldn't leave her face and it caught Jaejoong's eye.

"Who you thinking of?" Jae asked quietly.

"My ridiculous husband."

"Ridiculous?"

"Yes, ridiculous."

"Why ridiculous?"

"Because he loves me," Gyuri replied smirking.

"Look, I had no choice in the matter. I'm pretty sure the first time I saw you, I already loved you." 

"That's why you're ridiculous," Gyuri whispered, before kissing Jae softly. Hearing the light foot steps come closer to their door again, Jae sighed.

"It's hardly been five minutes,"

Smiling at her sighing husband Gyuri pulled him closer. "I think we could get away with another five."

Returning the smile, Jae wrapped his arms around Gyuri. "Let's try to make that ten."

- - - 


 A/N: And so with this chapter... Chapter 55, I end my first fanfic. Started well over a year ago, I've learned a lot and must thank you readers and commentors. I've come along way and have started other stories, but this one is very very special to me. And all you subs are also very special and important to me as well.

I hope this ending wasn't too unfulfilling. Much like real life, we all go through struggles and have drama and Jae and Gyuri faced the majority of theirs in the beginning of their relationship due to internal conflict, outside pressure and their individual pasts.  

The turning point came when Gyuri allowed herself to be loved. It was only after that point, that she realized that she also loved Jaejoong. And with love, she became emotionally stronger, standing up to Kun Hee and confronting Minhee twice. With a little bit of help from the supporting cast, Gyuri and Jae finally found their path. They may still have a little drama here and there but I feel like I've put them though enough and now no matter what comes along, the two will never part from one another.

As a final word, THANK YOU!

I'll be starting another Gyuri story feat, Kyuhyun, Changmin and Victoria called Ace 88: The Kyu Line. Please support me!

- Ahn Cheonsa