Manners

You Again!?

Getting a clear look at the guy in the middle of the room Gyuri felt herself go numb.

It was Hyukjae. Gyuri's last boyfriend and one time fiancé. She hadn't seen him in three years, but there he stood smiling at her. He was so out of place that she thought for a moment she was dreaming. Seeing that he didn't disappear after she pinched herself, she knew that it was real.

"Why? How?" she asked, stumbling to find her voice as she looked at his matured face.

"I came to dance. You wouldn't happen to know where I might find a partner would you?" He said as a smirk crossed his face. The young guy from Gyuri's memories had definitely changed. He no longer looked as boyish as she remembered, he also seemed more confident and mature.

How long ago was it? That time when they first met each other. The awkwardness between them, the closeness. Seeing him, Gyuri felt a wave of emotions wash over her, 'regret' dominated them all.

Seeing her face change into a saddened expression he pulled her towards him and held her like he used to. Remembering where she was she didn't let herself become blinded.

"Don't." Gyuri said pulling away. "Not here. Not now. I'm sorry. I can't."

Pulling her back into the embrace he held her tighter. "I'm sorry too." Hyukjae said regretfully.

"You should leave, tonight is really important to me. We can talk later."

"You haven't changed. Work is still your number one isn't it?"

"I said we can talk later, I can't do this." she said pulling away again. As surprised as she was, she had always felt the need to maintain a line between her job and her personal life. No matter how much Gyuri wanted to start talking with him and ask him questions, she knew she shouldn't. It wasn't the time or place.

"You know, I'm actually relieved to know you're still the same... I'll be outside waiting for you. Don't make me wait too much."

Hyukjae left as Jaejoong walked by his partner. Observing Gyuri's face, he stopped.

"Let's go for a walk." he said holding his hand out to Gyuri.

"I'm fine." she responded unconvincingly.

"Well I'm not, I'm feeling claustrophobic with all these people here, but I don't wanna be by myself. Come on." Instead of reaching for her hand like he usually did, Jaejoong put his hand down and walked on by himself.

Seeing his back walk away from her, Gyuri knew knew what he was doing. She felt grateful towards him, he was offering her an exit without pulling & pushing her.

As she followed a couple of steps behind him, Jaejoong could hear Gyuri's heels lightly clack against the floor. He walked to the docks in the opposite direction of Hyukjae. Jaejoong wasn't clear about the situation or relationship between them but he could tell Gyuri needed help. He was just available at the right time. With the noise diminishing as they walked further from the crowd a quiet fell between them.

With every step  Gyuri took, a million thoughts & questions filled her mind. Why did Hyukjae come? How did he come? I really missed him. How has he been? Why now? Why? Gyuri allowed herself to drown in her own thoughts now that she was outside of the party. So focused on her own questions, she bumped into Jaejoong when he stopped walking at the end of a pier.

"Sorry." She said unconcerned, still entranced by her own thoughts.

Jaejoong didn't reply, instead he walked over to edge of the pier, bent down, cupped his hands together and put them in the water. With the water in his hands, he walked back beside Gyuri.

"Hold your hands out." he commanded.

"Uh?" Gyuri said still in her own world.

"Cup your hands together." he repeated.

Stretching her arms out before her mindlessly, Gyuri cupped her hands together as she was told.

"Here."

Jaejoong opened his hands and the water that was in them fell into Gyuri's. The shock of the cold water awakened Gyuri and she instantly uncupped her hands and let the water fall to the floorboards of the pier.

"What are you doing!?"

"There you are." Jaejoong said, as if greeting an old friend.

"Ya! Are you crazy? That's so cold! It got on my feet as well." Gyuri said shaking the cold water from her hands.

"You shouldn't refer to me as 'Ya' anymore, I'm older than you." Jaejoong said as he took out a handkerchief and dried his own hands.

"Don't change the topic! Why did you do that!?"

"You also don't use the proper formalities when talking to me. You really don't have manners do you?" He reached out to Gyuri's moving hands and began to dry them for her.

Gyuri stopped shaking her hands and watched him clean them.

"I do have manners, I just forget about them when I'm near you."

"So it's my fault you're rude?" he asked with a laughing smile on his face.

"I just can't help it. It comes out naturally."

Jaejoong let her hands go. "Better?"

Gyuri held her hands together and nodded. They were dry, and being held by his they had also become warm. "Thanks."

"See, even when you say 'thanks' you say it informally."

"I told you, I can't help it. Plus are you really older then me? Do you even know how old I am?"

Jaejoong folded his handkerchief and placed it back in his pocket. With his hands now behind his back, he walked around Gyuri and pulled her profile from memory.

"Park Gyuri, 26 years old born on May 21st. AB blood type, current height 162cm, current weig-"

"Okay, okay I get it!" She said annoyed. "So you looked up my profile then?"

"I looked up everyone's profile on Tuesday."

"So you're older than me then?"

Jaejoong stopped in front of Gyuri and smiled. "You can call me 'Oppa'."

The words "Like hell I will." automatically spilled out of .

Reacting to her quick and blunt response, Jaejoong started laughing hard.

Gyuri put her hand to , not believing just how short & rude she was with him. "Sorry." she muttered to the laughing Jaejoong.

"You still really don't like me do you?" he asked finally at the end of his laughter.

"..." Gyuri looked away from him. Spending more time with him, he seemed less and less like the mean person she originally thought he was. She didn't hate him... so then did she not like him? But if she didn't dislike him did that mean she did like him?

"Well, you must dislike me too." Gyuri said, not really answering his question.

Completely done laughing, Jaejoong met Gyuri's eyes.

"You're interesting to me, I like you." He then patted her on the head and started walking back to the beach house.

"I'm not a Dog!" Gyuri yelled at him. She then put her hand on her head where Jaejoong had touched her, she could feel her cheeks flush.

Hyukjae, who had started to look around for Gyuri after she didn't meet him, saw the final exchange between the two on the pier. He didn't like what he saw... He hated it. Upset, he left the party.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Progress, Progress, Progress & More DRAMA!

Hope you enjoyed! n_n