Settling In

You Again!?

[6:00 PM]

After heading home from the bank, Jaejoong was called in for a formal meeting with his father. He was expected to stay at home but Jaejoong had other plans. He wanted to maintain whatever freedom he did have left. 

The meeting consisted of the usual string of complaints followed by the speech he had been given since he could remember. He didn’t want his job to become his life, especially his father’s job. So, maybe he did play around too much at times, and maybe he had been away from home as much as possible but it was all so that he would at least feel that the decision to succeed his father would eventually become his own because he’d be tired of avoiding it. Still, he felt it wasn’t the right time.

“Right time? Right now is the right time. You are already going to be 30 soon. It’s about time you finally took some responsibility.” his father sternly said.

“I’ve had responsibility. I have responsibility. Just because I’m not working under you or for you does not lessen my current work responsibility.”

“If you are not working under me or for me that means you are making money for another company. This company is your future. Don’t you want to put the time and effort of your work into your future?”

“I’m putting the time and effort into myself.”

Kun Hee felt himself roll in his seat. How did his son turn out to be this way? This rebellion... it was enough that Jaejoong had gone straight into the services after High School graduation instead of going to University, but his son also stayed abroad after earning his degree. Now that he finally had his son closer to him he was not going to let him play around.

“Father, I’ve told you before, I will lead your company but that day is not today.”

“If not now, when? You need to lead now.”

“I can’t.”

“It’s not that you can’t, it’s that you don’t want to.”

“I will... but not yet.”

“Enough! Shouldn’t we just be glad that our Jaejoong is back home?” Jiyeon said, as she gracefully entered into the room. She walked over to her son and embraced him. “You’ve been gone too long.”

“I’m sorry.” Jaejoong replied.

“I’ve had your room made up for you Jaejoong.”

“About that.”

“You don’t plan on staying here?”

“No. I’m sorry Mom.”

“Where will you be then? No too far right?”

“I’m looking for a place just outside my new work location. It isn’t too far. I’ll try to visit you more often.”

“Well at least for tonight, stay here.”

Jaejoong nodded.

______________________________

[Morning]

Jaejoong woke extra early to avoid breakfast and to look for a new place. The place had to have that critical balance. Price didn’t matter too much but he was a bit on the stingy side when it came to everyday expenses. He started in the area he said he would. The location wasn’t too bad. Perhaps a bit too middle class but not bad. He kept walking along, stopping to try the street food. One particular street corner caught his attention. The food was better then the last place and only seven streets down did he find upscale places. His new home had been found.

By the afternoon he had signed a lease for the new place he would be living. It was spacious without being obnoxiously overkill and it was already furnished. He moved what little things he did have in himself. Jaejoong had two more days before he’d have to start up his new job. He spent the rest of his day out of the apartment, looking around the neighborhood. It was slower then the usual pace of the inner city areas. It was exactly what he wanted.    

He remembered seeing a park in the area, another plus of the neighborhood he chose. In his newly acquired car, which he also purchased during the course of the day, he arrived at the park and began his run on the path laid out.

______________________________________________________

The bad luck that had taken ahold of Gyuri yesterday followed her into the next day. 

She found herself sleeping through her normal wake up time. Her alarm didn’t go off. Springing from her bed and moving at a pace that could never be duplicated, Gyuri had managed to get into work on time. She couldn't let herself make any mistakes, especially now since her boss was retiring.

With the her boss retiring, his position was now available and she had been working hard for it. She had worked for Saya Inc. for six years, since before her graduation as an intern. As a senior consultant and project manager, she brought in major accounts and was good at her job. She had been working on creating a new cell phone campaign for a big potential client. Gyuri felt confident that she would get the job, despite having a rival front runner for the position. That rival was In Young, an equally brilliant and great project manager. Both had the experience and dedication so it could be either of them to take the position. With the morning meeting over and the day running much smoother than the morning had, Gyuri breezed swiftly through her work.

Today was her running day with Eunjung, her roommate and longtime best friend. The two met in high school during track tryouts and bonded. They didn’t go to the same College or Major in the same degree but managed to stay in touch until they both finally finished their schooling, found jobs and decided to fulfill the promise they made with each other to become roommates.

Gyuri headed home and met up with Eunjung. For them most things in the area were in walking distance, which was convenient since neither of them had a car. The two walked towards the running path and almost instantly Gyuri saw him.  

_________________________________________________________________________________

n_n