Sweet Suffocation

You Again!?

"I don't even know why you're freaking out." Jungmin told his boss as she hid behind the closed door.

"I'm not freaking out!" she yelled.

"Then what do you call going to the supply closet and locking yourself inside?" 

"..."

"Talk to me." He said knocking on the door. 

Gyuri opened the door and let Jungmin inside then squatted back down.

"So why are you freaking out?"

"I'm not freaking out. I'm just spending my lunch time here."

Jungmin gave Gyuri an extremely confused look. "Why?"

"It's Jaejoong."

"He wants you to eat your lunch in here?"

"No. It's just that... he's too much. It's getting worse too."

"Too much what?"

"And I'm doing exactly what I didn't want to do. I just can't be around him when we are not working."

"So you're in the supply closet to avoid him?"

"Yeah."

"I feel like I'm missing something here. Did something just happen between you two?"

"Yeah, earlier."

"Well...?"

"He's drowning me. It's this sweet suffocation. It's like he's trying to kill me with it."

"So you're hiding from his sweet suffocation?"

"Yeah."

"Get up. You're being ridiculous."

"But every chance he gets he's going to be like that with me." she said standing.

"That's what couples do. Make the people around them sick from sweetness. So you're going to suffocate him back."

"What? No!"

"Why not?"

"I can't just become that kind of girlfriend." 

"You will. It happens naturally."

"But I was never like that with Hyukjae."

"He isn't Hyukjae."

"Right."

"So, lets get out of the supply room."

"Fine."

Gyuri followed Jungmin out of the room. 

"But what do I do?" she asked him.

"Those moments when you're not working and you're with him, you allow yourself to become suffocated by the sweetness."

Gyuri sighed.

"I should charge you for these types of talks."

"How about you give me a discount?"

"I'll consider."

They smiled and walked back into the office. Walking to her desk, Jaejoong stopped Gyuri in her tracks. 

"Lunch time. We are going to our spot."

"Our spot?"

"Mmm. Let's go."

It was unavoidable, even if she refused he'd pull her along anyway. He'd always bring her along with him. She followed him to the elevator. 

"The roof is 'our spot' ?"

"Of course it is."

They walked out and on the roof was nothing. No table, no chairs nothing. Confused, Gyuri looked at Jaejoong for an explanation.

"Were you expecting anything?" He asked with a small sly smile on his face. 

"Honestly, yeah I was."

"Nope nothing." He smiled and pulled her to the edge. Gyuri felt her own face break into a small smile, she actually felt relieved. She didn't know if she could handle anything more... but then again, he had never really been they type to create events. He never had to set anything up. Everything was just natural to him. She started feeling jealous of him again.

He handed her a roll of kimbap wrapped in foil. 

"Lunch."

"Looks good. Thanks." 

He laughed at her comment and began unwrapping his own kimbap. Gyuri did the same.

"So why were you in the supply closet?"

"What?" she said, about to take a bite of kimbap.

"Why were you in the supply closet?" he repeated and took a bite of his lunch.

"How did you even know? There was no time for anyone to even tell you." she said looking at him surprised. 

"I sent Jinyoung to get more cardstock but she came back empty handed and told me that Jungmin and you were inside it talking."

Of course. Of course. He knew everything. It was annoying. Gyuri took another bite of her kimbap.

"So?" he asked looking at her.

She looked over to him and replied curtly. "Secret."

Jae looked at Gyuri slightly hurt.

"That's not nice."

"Why? You still have lots of secrets."

"Me? Like what?"

"Like why you never smiled when you were younger, not until college."

"I smiled when I was younger."

"Not the same way you smile now though. There's also that mystery person that calls you. "

"Mystery Person?"

"Never mind. Let's just eat our lunch."

"Who are you talking about? Tell me." he hit her shoulder with his own.

"Forget it."

"해 봐"  (Tell Me/Say it.)

"싫어" (No/Refusing)

"No more lunch for you then." he pulled the kimbap out of her hands and took a bite of it.

"Fine, it's wasn't that good anyway."

"Liar, it's delicious. Here, have this one."

Gyuri grabbed the roll and took a bite. Her childish side had come out again.

"So who are you talking about?"

"별" she said quietly.

"Star?" he repeated. "Little Star?"

She nodded.

"Where you by chance jealous?"

Gyuri turned her face away from him. 

Jaejoong smiled and walked around her. 

"You want to meet them?"

"Eh?"

"I was gonna wait but, I think it should be fine. Okay, I'll introduce you two on Monday then."

"Wait. What just happened?"

"I just gave you no reason to keep a secret from me. So what were you talking about?"

Gyuri looked at Jaejoong. "I'm really going to meet them?"

"Yeah." he said reassuring her.

Gyuri sighed,"I was going to avoid you again."

"Why?"

"Because you're overwhelming."

"Overwhelming?"

Gyuri felt her face flush. "I don't know how to explain it."

"Is it a good feeling?" he asked, watching her face. 

She nodded.

"It only happens when I'm around you right?"

She nodded again. 

"I think I know."

"You do?" she said turning to him. 

"It's this feeling isn't it?"

He bent down and kissed her, then let their lips part. "Is that it?" he asked.

Gyuri avoided his eyes. "Yeah."

"Good." Jaejoong leaned in and kissed her again.  

---

Back in the office, Inyoung and Younha talked with Jinyoung. Probing her about what she knew about Jaejoong and Gyuri.

___________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked it. Gyuri is still figuring out some things about herself and Jae.  Another thing~ I use actual korean because when writing the scene I hear it in my head as korean. lol it's wierd I know.