Occurrence

You Again!?

[10:12 PM]

There in the doorway stood Gyuri's mom. Eunjung had called her after Gyuri had not returned to the apartment after an hour. Gyuri could see the look of regret on Eunjung's face in the background, she had acted rashly.

"Where have you been? Eunjung called me and started crying about you missing."

"I'm sorry, I got side tracked. Eunjung should know not to call you out unless it's an emergency. I'm sorry I worried you."

"Worried me? I was about to loose it when I got that call!"

"I know mom, I'm sorry."

"Why are you still in the hall? Get inside."

Gyuri moved to get inside and right behind her stood the forgotten Jaejoong. Gyuri's mom saw him standing in the door way as she went to close it.

"Who is this?" Gyuri's mom said looking at the handsome stranger in the doorway.

"Uh?...Oh! it's no one. He was just leaving."

"Were you bringing a man back to your place!? Are you bringing men back to your place now?"

"No! No! I'm not! I said he was just leaving... I... He."

"Are you dating? Is he your boyfriend?"

“I told you you’re wrong! It’s not like that at all!” Gyuri pleaded.

“Really now? You bring a man back to your apartment and you have no special relationship to him? That’s even worse.”

“That’s not what I meant either Mom!”

"So what is it then?"

Jaejoong looked upon the scene amused. He saw how flustered Gyuri was and spoke up.

"I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to introduce myself." he said walking over to her Mom.

"I'm Kim Jaejoong. It's nice to meet you." he said with a polite bow.

"I'm not dating your daughter M'am." Gyuri let out a sigh of relief. "...but I'd like to."

Gyuri's Mom's eyes widened as she gazed at the handsome man. "Is that right?"

Jaejoong continued. "Well, I was trying to get to know your daughter better so I asked her out. I'm the reason she went missing. I'm terribly sorry for making you worry."

 "Oh, well." She looked to Gyuri "Why didn't you say that sooner? I could have understood a date."

Gyuri looked at her mom and Jaejoong. What the hell did he say!? This crazy person needs to leave! Before she's able to scream her lungs out Eunjung jumped into the conversation.

"Gyuri-ah, I didn't know... you should have told me you were already interested in him, I wouldn't have done that... I'm sorry."

"Eunjung... Mom...It's not what you-"

"Aiyo Gyuri-ah~, it's okay to date again! To be honest I was getting worried about you." Gyuri's mom turned her focus back to Jaejoong. "I'm sorry I spoke ill of you right away and ruined your date."

Without skipping a beat Jaejoong replied. "Oh no! It's fine I'm so glad I was able to meet you already. In fact since we got to meet I'd like to get your permission to date Gyuri."

"I THINK IT'S TIME YOU LEFT." Gyuri yelled, rushing over to Jaejoong and pushing him away from her mother.

"Gyuri, don't be in such a rush." her mother responded.

"Mom, he needs to leave now. I'll explain everything once he leaves, okay?"

"Gyuri..." Eunjung chirped in. "You're acting a bit too dramatic... save the love spats for when you're alone."

"Really now, I can't take it when she's like this... always so pushy." Jaejoong said.

"She really is a handful. Stubborn too." Gyuri's mom added.

Jaejoong nodded. "She really is. Loud too."

"YOU. OUT. NOW." Gyuri yelled. She then pushed Jaejoong to the door.

"Sorry I couldn't stay longer, your daughter is intent of having me go. It was lovely meeting you." Jaejoong said as he was pushed out.

Gyuri had managed to push him out the door and close it behind her. She was out of her mind with rage. She grabbed his arm and pulled him further down the hall near the elevator and stopped.

"Are you out of your mind? Why the hell did you do that? I don't even know you! How dare you lie to my mother like that. I'm so mad that I could... I could."

"Could what?" Jaejoong looked down at Gyuri. He could tell he pushed it too far. "Calm down, you look like you're gonna pop a blood vessel or at least burn a whole in my shirt."

Gyuri looked up at him, hatred boiling behind her eyes. Jaejoong slightly smiled seeing her glare again.

She couldn't win this way. Her anger only made him smile. She took a couple of deep breaths and collected herself. She took a step towards Jaejoong and calmly began to talk.

"Kim Jaejoong, please leave. I will undo the damaged you have caused just now. I hope never to see you again and I really really hope we remain strangers." Gyuri then pulled out the money she grabbed on her way out of her apartment and placed it in front of him. Take this and leave."

Jaejoong looked at the money and then back at Gyuri.

"Fine but you have to do the same."

"With pleasure."

Without taking the money Jaejoong went to the elevator. Gyuri followed him with the money in her hand and firmly gave it to him. Gyuri exited the elevator and watched him, making sure he left.

For Jaejoong the night had become more interesting than he first anticipated and he was slightly surprised by his own actions. He only wanted to play with her a little bit but he knew he pushed her too much, which is why he was so willing to leave. The fun had ended prematurely.

Gyuri watched to make sure he left. At the very least he kept his word. It was time for damage control. She walked back to the apartment. Her mom was still happy thinking her daughter was dating again. 

"You really should have told me. He's good looking, what does he do for a living? How long has he been trying to date you?" her mom eagerly asked.

"Mom, it really isn't like that. He's no one to me. Honestly, I only met him the other day."

"Okay okay, I get it. I won't ask anymore. Just be good, I can tell he's a great catch."  

"MOM!"

"Calm down Gyuri, I won't ask anymore questions tonight. I'm going to go now okay?"

"Okay, Goodnight Mom." There was no use trying to tell her mom the real situation.... she wouldn't listen.

Exhausted, Gyuri didn't even bother talking to Eunjung. It was now a dead issue. She crashed in her bed and slept.   

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed~! This chapter was really fun to write!