Minhee

You Again!?

After a few moments, the door was opened by a young woman. Seeing her Gyuri was reminded of the photo In Jaejoong's room. The resemblance was uncanny.

Jaejoong smiled to the beautiful woman. "Minhee, how have you been?"

The young woman smiled as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and gazed softly at Jaejoong. "I've been good. You're silly. It's only been a couple of days." She playfully tapped his  shoulder and opened the door more. Seeing that Jaejoong wasn't alone Minhee let out a surprised "Oh?"

Jaejoong reached for Gyuri who was hiding behind him and wrapped his arm around her, so that she stood directly beside him. 

Gyuri shyly bowed. "I'm sorry for the unexpected visit. It's nice to meet you."

"Minhee, this is Gyuri. Gyuri, this is Minhee. You're the same age, so you two should be friends!"

Minhee looked from Gyuri to Jaejoong and smiled. "Please come in."  

Walking into the house, Jaejoong kept his arm around Gyuri until Minhee offered to take Jaejoong's coat.

"I'll keep it on for now, thank you." He replied to her offer.

"So what do I owe this visit?" Minhee asked smiling at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong smiled, "I came to see Go Eun, and introduce her to Gyuri." 

"Ah~" Minhee said nodding. "So Gyuri here is?"

Jaejoong couldn't stop smiling as he was asked the question. "We're together."

"I see." Minhee said maintaining her smile. "Well please sit. I'll go get Go Eun."

The couple sat. Gyuri sat at the end of the couch and instead of sitting at the other end, Jaejoong sat right beside her.

"Not so close." Gyuri said feeling self conscious.

Jaejoong looked down at her. "How is this close? It's not close enough!" Saying that he sat back and put his hand around Gyuri's shoulder.

"Stop it."

"No." Jaejoong replied holding her tighter.

Gyuri smiled, unable to maintain the serious atmosphere she wanted to have. "Stop."

Hearing an excited yell, Jaejoong stopped squeezing Gyuri and stood up.

Running down the halls, an adorable little girl no older than four years old held her arms out to Jaejoong as he reached out to pick her up.

"You came!" Go Eun said smiling.

"I did! Oh my, how is it that our Go Eun keeps getting prettier?" Jaejoong said looking at the little girl in his hands. 

The little girl smiled brightly at his words.

Watching the pair interact, Gyuri smiled. It was another side of Jaejoong she hadn't seen before, a caring and fatherly side.

Jaejoong wasted no time to introduce Go Eun to Gyuri. Holding the girl he sat down again. Gyuri smiled 

"This is Gyuri Emo. " He said holding the girls hand out and waving it at Gyuri.

"Hello Go Eun. You're so cute." Gyuri said smiling and waving back. 

Go Eun smiled and greeted Gyuri back. "Hello Gyuri emo."

Gyuri smiled and looked to Jaejoong. "She's not shy is she?"

Jaejoong smiled. "Nope! She's a bright and outgoing girl." He looked to Go Eun. "Right?"

The little girl laughed. "Jaejoong, let's go play!"

"Can Gyuri join us?" he asked.

"Yeah and Emo too! I'll go get her!"

Walking back into the room, Minhee watched the trio in the living room.

"You're in time." Jaejoong said. "We're going to play right now, come on."  

Minhee smiled, "Jaejoong, do you think I could talk with Gyuri alone?"

Jaejoong looked from Minhee to Gyuri. Checking to see the expression on Gyuri's face. She looked calm and gave him a slight nod.

"Go on ahead with Go Eun, I'll be out later." Gyuri said.

"Okay." Jaejoong replied, he then looked back to Go Eun. "Let's go outside!"

"Mmm! We can go on the swings!" 

Gyuri and Minhee smiled as they watched the pair walk out.   

With the door closed, Minhee turned to Gyuri. "So, how long have you been with Jaejoong?" 

Gyuri's pleasant smile vanished when she saw the serious look on Minhee's face. "Uh, well it's been 3 months now."

Minhee smiled again. "How long have you known each other?"

"Almost five months."

Hearing Gyuri's answer, the smile on her face changed into a smirk. "You know, I was surprised when I saw you. He's never brought anyone along with him before... let alone a "girlfriend" he's hardly ever mentioned."

"I'm sorry, we arrived so unexpectedly today. It's my fault... I asked him some questions to better understand him and here we are."

"Understand? You mean like, understanding his past? His relationship with my sister?" 

Looking down, Gyuri nodded her head. She felt as though she was trespassing on grounds she was never meant to touch.

"So he's told you then? About Hyojoo and Jaehoon and obviously Go Eun."

"Yes he has... it must be hard for you to raise her on your own..." Gyuri replied, as Minhee sat down at the kitchen table.

"It's been two years you know. In that time he's always kept in touch and in contact. Whenever we needed anything, he'd always come rushing over or he'd help us as much as he could. He's practically her father, while I... am her mother."

"Yeah..."

"So you understand then don't you?"

"Huh?" Gyuri said looking up.

"I guess I have to further explain... I'm in love with Jaejoong." Minhee said, looking directly at Gyuri. "How could I not be? He's taken care of us so much. His kindness, generosity and devotion."  

Gyuri stared wide eyed as Minhee continued.

"It happened after Hyojoo passed. I was still mourning and he was there, giving me solace. I stared to depend on him and before I knew it..."

Minhee's soft tone of voice changed as she stood up from the table. "This will most likely be the last time I ever see you again... All this time I've had Jaejoong to myself... and that's how I like it. Even if he has yet to realize my feelings, it's okay... as long as I have Go Eun, he'll always come back to me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Think about it, Jaejoong has been in Go Eun's life longer than he's been in your life... He cares for and loves her as his own. I have custody of Go Eun and if he stays with you, I'll refuse to let him see her. If he stays with you... he'll never see her again."

Gyuri was shocked by what she was hearing. "Are you really using your late sister's child to fulfill your own selfish desires to keep Jaejoong close to you?"

Minhee scoffed, "Haven't you been so in love that you'd do anything to be with that person? I didn't get to choose who I fell in love with. Life just worked out this way. I'm only playing to my advantages now."

Walking over to the window, Minhee looked towards the backyard and watched Jaejoong push Go Eun on the swing. 

"You've been together for 3 months right? That's hardly anything. It'd probably be best if you just broke it off with him before I even refuse his visit next time. You'd save me the trouble of separating Go Eun from him."    

Minhee looked over her shoulder back to Gyuri. "It's up to you. It won't matter much in the long run though, because I know without a doubt that when it comes down to some 'girlfriend' or Go Eun, he'll always choose Go Eun."

Turning towards the glass door, Minhee walked out and joined Jaejoong and her niece, leaving Gyuri in the house alone.  

_________________________________________________________________

Hello LOVELY Readers!!!! <3

I wrote this part after I wrote chapter 44 so yee!!! Glad it's out now! I just had to edit it~  Minhee is a fun character and I really enjoyed writing her dialogue. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Look forward to the next ones~~~ :D And WOW! I hit 80 subs T^T Thank you <3 oh! I just realized that I started this story a year ago!!! WOW!!!