♔045

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♣ Chapter fourty-five: His misunderstanding

The bed sheets are shuffling, there's some action happening. The bed slightly creeks as I hear a voice curse under his breath, "." He says. My eyes are still closed but I'm still awake, the weight on the bed lifts, realising that Jaejoong is standing up, making slow movements towards the bathroom. I estimate his speed to be around one metre per hour. Why is he even creeping anyway? He doesn't need to be so quie-

Oh. 
I get it! He's trying really hard not to wake me up! I continue to pretend to sleep until Jaejoong has successfully creeped out into the bathroom. At a sudden thought, he usually doesn't care if he wakes me up, in fact half the time I don't even get woken up even if it's screaming since I'm a heavy sleeper. I just happened to wake up just now.... and he's being really weird. 

I understand now, my brain is telling me that he's up to something so I must acknowledge it! 

After a while, the bathroom door opens and slightly pearing from the blanket, I see Jaejoong with his usual blow-dried hair and clean face. I don't even know whether he's wearing BB cream since his skin is so good and let's not forget his retardedly tinted lips. He edges his way closer to the bed, causing me to quickly shut my eyes, pretending I'm in deep slumber. He plants his back onto the bed and I can hear him writing a quick note and delicately placing it on the bedside table. I can also picture him straightening the note on the table, he is such a perfectionist. 

And with that, he leaves the room. 

I immediately spring up and look at the note.

I have to go to work early today,
Why am I even telling you this, you're not even my mum.
-Jae 

I pull a weird face, wow he's even being mean to me on a note! However, I chuckle at his behaviour because it's this relationship that brings us together. After smiling thinking about the memories of his lame comebacks, I frown again. That Jaejoong was wearing casual clothes, and usually when he goes to work he wears his Armani suit with his two coloured dress or textured dress shirts. 

Should I follow him? I mean it's not too late to get ready he's probably eating downstairs? 

"Stop it, Ka Eun, do you not realise what you're doing?" He Changmin asks, almost as if he's scolding me. 

Am I going to be that girl again... oh my god, I don't care I have a bad personality anyway. Screw Changmin, he's so annoying and speaks like a smartass just to insult people who aren't educated well like me.

Ka Eun is going on mission 'check what Jaejoong is doing'. I quickly get up and enter the bathroom to prepare myself. I brush my teeth and decide to wear my hair in a high ponytail, letting my thick lose curls flow down without getting in the way. I decide to dab on some BB cream and quickly tight line my eyes, I don't know why but recently I have cared more about beauty. 

I enter the wardrobe and decide to wear my overalls jumpsuit shorts but with a thicker long sleeve top underneath. I look in the mirror, these clothes make me look young as . 

Is it too cutesy? 

I swear I shouldn't wear this, maybe I'm sticking out too much of my legs.

Is the weather outside moderate, warm or like cold as? Oh wait that's why I have a long sleeve top underneath it. 

I need to get myself together, since when did I become this self-conscious? I quickly put on my white socks and stare outside the window to see Jaejoong walking out. He's not even heading towards his car at all. How convenient, this then means I don't have to call Myungsoo to drive me since I don't know how to face him and I don't have to waste money on taxi fees either. I quickly put on my white socks and grab my phone and wallet, who knows when these will come into use? I place my sneakers on and dash outside. 

Jaejoong has just turned around the corner, he's walking so casually with his hands in his pocket. He's dressed so casually yet so fashionably, he looks super attractive, even from back view. His V neck sweaters really brings out his broad shoulders and arm muscles, as well as that deep cut that showcases his pecs. Oh Jesus, help me, I'm like a fan girl.

He's still walking. 

Where the hell is he going? There's like nothing around here? Well maybe a few shops... but why can't he just drive instead?

He's running, he's running faster and faster and I don't think I can catch up to his pace. What the hell is he actually doing? He suddenly stops, and I pant, I really think I should exercise more because right now it feels like my lungs might blow up from my oxygen loss and severe panting. 

We're pratically out of our neighbourhood now, and I'm standing in the commoner streets, just like how I used to not too long ago. I hide myself behind a thick pole and stare at him. 

Except, I'm not really staring at him because he's already gone. 

Damnit, I lost him. I decide to walk around the streets for a while and some of the restaurants that look awfully familiar, I used to eat there! Little did I know that this area was so close to me and Jaejoong's home, yet it's so far from my parent's house. 

"Ka Eun." I hear a faint voice call. I spin around with my phone tightly clutched in my hand and see the person I tried to avoid for so long. "Ka Eun, we need to talk." Myungsoo says, making his way towards me. I stand there frozen, in situations like this, it's only normal to run away from the one I have been desperately trying to avoid, yet I'm too weak to move a step in case I make him feel even sad. 

"I'm sorry." He says. Why is he even apologising to me?

"For what?" 

"I'm sorry I made you feel uneasy, I just- I don't know why I said all those things out of the blue but..." I smile at him as he continues to feel bad for me. Idiot, I should be the one apologising for being so rude and just ignoring him. 

"I should be the one sorry, I was just a coward and kept avoiding you... and I was happy that you didn't really try to contact me either." I say, confessing how guilty I truly feel. 

"Because I know that Ka Eun you will feel awkward, so I didn't try to contact you. I just happened to bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter