♔043

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 43- His confession 

Jaejoong disappeared to work this morning so I'm just sitting here at home, with no one to talk to of course. I'm still baffled about that sticky situation between our families and whether or not I should take sides. 

Why am I even questioning? It's obvious that I'll continue to cling onto Jaejoong and never let him go.

Never! 

I slap my cheeks again, I guess I really am desperate. I stare into the windows to see the  morning view of Seoul, it really is quite beautiful, the birds chirp melodiously as I immerse myself into deep thoughts until my phone vibrates. 

You're techically being lead on by Jaejoong, you know. 
It's not even like he will ever like you.

I stare at the message, it's from an anonymous number. I ignore it, I don't care.

Thing is... who would send me those things anyway? It's not even like I have many friends, let alone people who actually know my phone number. I hug my knees to my chest and sit in the silence once again. I really want to go to that exhibition, I mean, which girl in the world doesn't like pretty flowers? Well... most girls like flowers and I don't suffer from hay fever either. 

Oh yeah! I can get Myungsoo to accompany me!

"Yeobosayo?" 

"Good morning Myungsoo, I'm alone again and you should do your job and assist me with going around to different areas to have fun." 

"Oh? Yeah, I'm not the type to recommend fun places but I'll certainly accompany you." 

"Of course you would, or else I'd fire you! Also... let's go to the flower exhibition in the evening, I got rejected." I sigh and slump myself onto the bed once again and I heard Myungsoo sigh as well, "I hope you don't see me as just a second option." 

I widen my eyes in shock and an uncomfortable feeling develops inside me. I certainly don't think that.... but more than anything, I know I'm being dishonest with myself. 

"Hey...so, I'll see you soon." I say, before hanging up.

I'm a horrible person.

Jaejoong's P.O.V

"The demand for these major blocks of lands have allowed the market price to increase, so we should be able to take advantage of that for maximum profit. However, some locations are worse than others, so in order to improve our sales we'll have to..." 

The rest of his words have become blank to me because I'm sick of listening to this whenever we have a meeting. People here are so pretentious and talk so ing professionally but in reality, their proposal doesn't solve anything but they just try to make it look like they're putting an effort. When no solution is found, it just seem as though they tried their best. 

Well, they haven't used their brains to the maximum, or maybe these people aren't capable at all. 

Which is why I understand why Ka Eun will never be able to be the Heiress of the Ahn's, aren't my parents just so smart to be able to predict that and be able to take over the whole thing? 

However, it really isn't right at all. I'm rich but I don't want to be so ing greedy. 

But...if you think about it, people complain about having too less money, but do people ever complain about having too much money?

"Let's call an end for the meeting." Appa says. Everyone gets out of their seats and proceed outside whilst I sit with my head leaning on the table, I'm rather tired actually. 

"Jaejoong, get up." 

"What?" I say, not even bothering to look at him. 

"What do you think about the ideas suggested?" Why is he even questioning me, he must have extremely high expectations for me. "They were okay." I reply, not bothering to elaborate more. 

"Jaejoong, you're going to become the heir to this company in some years to come, and an answer like that is not valid. You'll be expected to evaluate everything in order to make a decision for the best." 

"Okay." I'm rather awkward towards my parents so I don't really want to talk to them, plus, our relationship is rather dodgy anyway. To them, I'm just the future heir to this stupid company. Except, I need to ask him one thing.

"Was it planned that Ka Eun and I would eventually meet so we could get married so it benefits this company?" He doesn't reply and I sit there waiting for him to speak. What the , hurry up and talk I need to go and take a break soon. 

"Yes... and we also knew ages ago that she was the girl you hung around with three years ago." 

"Wow." I reply, "But...Jaejoong, it was never in our plan that you guys would get married so easily. Even so, no matter what you did, there was also going to be an arranged marriage, but since you two chose to marry to your own wishes, that makes it even better." 

I stand up and place both my hands on the table, "So, is your friendship with the Ahn's also superficial?" 

He doesn't give me a response, "Appa!" I yell. 

"Things change, so can people. Stop asking me, just focus on maintaining your relationship with Ahn Sun Hee and everything will be fine." 

"Her current name is Ka Eun... I also don't see how trying to over take the Ahn's is 'fine', she's still their daughter, she'd just hate me forever.... and I don't know how long I can maintain this relationship anyway." 

The man in front of me turns around and enlarges his eyes at me, "What are you on about? Jaejoong, how much more do you want to disappoint this family?" 

"Neither do I want to be a son just to ing go against my will forever!" 

"You guys married at your own accord." 

"It was never serious, and I regret it okay? What if I happen to fall in love with someone else..." Appa laughs hysterically and eyes me, "I don't recall my Jaejoong taking relationships seriously. Plus... in the future you'll soon understand why we're going against the Ahn's. So don't even think about other women, because your Ka Eun, is an important object." 

He turns to leave the room. 

I always knew my parents are the worst but they still raised me and , little did I know how greedy they are. Relationships seem so ing superficial and everything is so ing corrupted, so I'm really sick of this . Ka Eun would probably cry gallons of tears if I tell her that she's just a tool and we should divorce, and since proving Changmin's theory, she doesn't seem to be heavily affected. 

Which means, I'll just keep that marriage title. 

Sometimes, doing nothing is the best option. She also wouldn't care if I end up liking some other woman for real, because I know for sure K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter