♔041

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter fourty-one: Unpleasant terms 

I wake up with a light headache, completely oblivious to what happened yesterday night. I distinctively remember having a few drinks, then suddenly bursting out into tears in some guy's arms. I think it was Myungsoo... yeah it's Myungsoo, because who else could it be since we went together and he was sitting next to me, haha. 

I stretch, attempting to sit up but a pair of strong arms is wrapped around my waist. 

Home, sweet home, I'm in the arms of the one and only Kim Jaejoong. My cheeks are probably fifty shades of red right now but thank god he's asleep so he can't see me. I try to gently pull away from his grasp, before realising I'm in my pyjamas.

What the- who changed me to these? Don't tell me it was Jaejo- at this point my whole face feels hot and I don't know what to do. I am so erted and always think of such mallicious thoughts, the maids probably changed my clothes, why would it be Jaejoong? 

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he took advantage of me... 

NO! I can't think like that! Jaejoong isn't that type of person! Wait, he could be... NO!

I mentally scream my insides out as the grasp around me loosens, awakening the sleepy head next to me. 

"Morning." I say, staring at him wide eyed as he rubs his eyes in attempt to pick out the eye wax. I giggle because he looks like a giant kid. 
"What's so funny?" He asks. 

"You look dumb and you have lots of eye poo." 

He vigorously rubs his eyes and stares at me again, 'Do I still have in my eyes?" I shake my head and he smiles, one that completely melts my heart... wait what. He leans in close to my face, I widen my eyes and stare at him in the eye. What is he doing?

He leans in closer and gives me an unexpected soft peck on the lips. "What was that for?" I ask, pretending to dislike it but in reality it's the opposite. He laughs, "Your reactions are always so interesting, but that was my morning kiss to you. I'll do it everyday." 

I'm not sure should I be comfortable with the new skinship we have, but I like him so much. Unfortunately, he doesn't like me so is it okay that I'm giving him myself? Actually, it's not like I'm doing it with him but... 

Jaejoong waves his hand in front of my face a couple of times, "Yah, what are you thinking about?" I snap back to reality, "Oh, it's nothing." 
"Don't be too surprised about the kiss, it's nothing. It's like a 'hello' so you don't have to take it so seriously. I'll make breakfast today, we both need to visit our parents today." 

I feel slightly disappointed by his words, but I shouldn't be. It was like this all along, and it will continue to be like that forever. 

"Why do we need to visit?" 

"Actually, I arranged a special meeting between the families. You don't work at the company unlike I do, and I'm seeing a lot of crazy in regards to our family's rivalry." He says, still sitting next to me in bed. 
"Is there a family feud? A business war? I don't get it." 
"You're stupid anyway, just we'll get going after breakfast okay?" 

*
"Annyeonghaseyo Abeonim, Eomeonim." I say, bowing to Jaejoong's parents. "Annyeong, Umma and Appa!" I exclaim, waving at them. Jaejoong gives me a strange look indicating the atmosphere in the meeting room. He leans in to whisper in my ear, it tickles and his breath against my neck is alluring. "Why are you so cheerful, clearly the mood is rather ty in here." 

He sits down and I sit down beside him. I look around to see another unfamiliar looking man sitting next to Jaejoong's dad. Is that Director Kim? 
"Annyeong uncle Dongmin." Jaejoong starts, oh so it is Director Kim. He nods to acknowledge Jaejoong's greeting and stares coldly across the room. He looks really mallicious and sly. 

"I'm sure you know why we're here today. I haven't been at the company for long but I don't understand why the Kim corporate is battling to take over the project from the Ahn's." Jaejoong starts. He's so adorable, clearly trying to peace make. 

"Mr and Mrs Ahn refused partnership with us. We just want to take part in the project." Mr Kim argues. 

I'm just sitting here not knowing what the hell is going on. Look, I'm just a stupid idiot living off Jaejoong and my parent's money. I'm probably a parasite. I continue to blankly stare at the discussion in front of me. 

"We don't need to share it with you." Appa firmly states. 

"Well, that's greedy of you Mr Ahn, you're even forgetting about our long term friendship." Mrs Kim butts in. I don't really like that woman but she is Jaejoong's mum and I try to make her like me. 

"I wouldn't call it friendship." Umma snarls. 

I don't even know what's happening, how did their friendship go down the drain within like a month? 

"That's harsh." Mrs Kim replies, crossing her arms across the desk. Jaejoong heaves a heavy sigh, "What is so special about this project is it even worth all this bull?" 

Yeah, you go girl!

"Stop with the vulgar language Kim Jaejoong, aren't you on our side?" Mr Kim asks. Jaejoong scoffs, "I don't even take sides and I don't give a just stop being ridiculous." 

That's right Jaejoong! I don't even know what the hell is going on. 

"I am tired of your threatening just to obtain a partnership with us." Appa says. Silence fills the room for a while, and whilst that is happening I'm trying to think about all the things they said but I find it impossible to understand. 

Director Kim finally coughs out loud and laughs. This guy looks like those sly creepy busine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter