♔029

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty-nine: Cakeover 

"No." 

"Fine, at least I have dimples instead of wrinkles." I chuckle and expect a reaction from Jaejoong, but he doesn't say anything and just keeps leading me towards his car. Why is he being so boring now, everything's just going to be awkward because the only thing that we talk about is offences that we fire from our inconsiderate mouths that speak out our minds…

Jaejoong opens the passenger seat of his car, I have never actually seen him drive before, but at least he knows how to. I mean I can't even do anything. 

"Get in." 

"Oh my god Jaejoong stop telling me what to do, do you think I'm so stupid I don't know how to get into a car when I know we're going somewhere?" 

"Yeah okay whatever." 

*

The car ride was extremely awkward, it was so awkward it brings awkward to a whole new level and that's rather intense. Seems like Jaejoong has taken me to a professional beauty salon. He has his hands in his pockets, blankly staring at the different hair colours available before picking up a magazine to examine the different hairstyles. He picks up another magazine and examines the different make up styles too. It appears as though this beauty salon is actually using my family’s cosmetic brand.

“Mr Kim! I have arrived with what you asked me to pick up!” Myungsoo says as he marks his standing position right in front of us, slightly panting.

“Yeah, thanks next time I’ll tell you to pick up chicks instead.” Jaejoong answers. I give him a small slap on the shoulder, is he not aware that Myungsoo is a pure creature?

“Hey Myungsoo, what’s that you’re holding?” I ask, staring at the coat hanger, dangling to the side as he holds the item into his chest.

“Mrs Kim, this is the dress that was ordered by Mr Kim and I just went to pick it up.” He formally replies, how typical. The dress is covered in a white protective layer, making it difficult to see the style. “Hey Myungsoo, can I have a look at it?”

He looks back at Jaejoong, “I think that’s Mr Kim’s decision.” I nod and stare at Jaejoong who is still busy flicking through the magazines. “Jaejoong-ah, can I see the dress that you sweetly ordered for me?” He slams his magazine shut, causing me to flinch a bit before closing his eyes with a sigh and staring back at me with bored eyes. “Ka Eun, considering that you’re currently getting prepared for the party tonight I’m pretty sure you’d have to put on that dress before we apply your hair and makeup. Why? Because if you put the dress on last it’ll ruin those two aspects, can you just use your brain for once? Holy !” I stare at him with an annoyed expression,

“Whatever.”

“Hey Myungsoo, did you pick up my outfit too?” Jaejoong asks.

“Yes, of course I did, do you want it now?”

“Hold onto it for a minute, we need to get this Ka Eun caked before anything, partly I don’t need any make up I’m already beautiful.” I roll my eyes, pfft, that narcissism right there. He takes the dress of Myungsoo and forces me to get changed into it in the changing rooms at this instant, without much time left I immediately obey his orders, for once.

“I’m glad it fits.” He says eyeing me from head to toe, “I was afraid you’d be too fat.”

Wow, rude.

 Jaejoong walks up towards me and pushes me towards a seat, forcing me to plant my onto the chair. “Give her these soft volume curls after you dye her hair red brown like mine.” He chuckles.

“Sure, Jaejoong-ssi.”

“Alright Ka Eun sit here quietly, and Myungsoo just keep an eye on her in case she tries to do something stupid like purposely getting some of the hair dye in her eyes just to go blind for the laughs while I get changed and style my hair.”

“Yes Mr Kim.”

“Call me Jaejoong, or if you’re desperate for formality call me Jaejoong-ssi. I swear when you call me that you make me sound twenty eight years older than I am.”

“That’s because you look like an old hag, as stubborn as one too.” I blurt out, smiling sweetly at the irritated man standing beside me.

“Whatever, let’s get started we still have to do your make up afterwards.” Jaejoong commands before leaving her side to get his hair professionally styled for the party.

The hair stylist began t away some ends of my extremely long hair, I apologise but I was obviously too poor to go to the hairdressers even to get a little trim, which explains this length. However, I still want to keep my long hair and… I don’t recall Jaejoong telling the hair dresser to trim my hair! “Excuse me, but I thought I was only dying it and styling it with a curler?” She smiles at me, “I’m sorry if this offends you Mrs Kim, but in order to achieve the best results dying your hair, it is necessary to cut some of the unhealthy ends an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter