♔036

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter thirty-six: Birthday

"Good luck with your exam, I'm sure you spent enough hours studying to ace it!" I say to Jaejoong as we stand outside the examination hall. "Yeah, yeah, I will definitely make you so proud of me that you'll fall in love with me instantly since I'm good looking and insanely smart." He smirks, I scoff in return. "Well, I kinda have to go in now." He says, about to turn away. 

"Wait!" I fiddle through  my hand bag and take out an item I prepared in the morning. I grab hold of his hand and he looks at me weirdly, before he could say anything I enclose the little thing in his hand, "Good luck." I say again.

"What a copy cat." He smiles at me and walks into the examination room, I had prepared a drawn four leaf clover, similar to what he gave me a while ago.

"Kim Jaejoong, fighting!" I yell, he turns around breifly before turning away again smiling. For some reason my heart does this weird flip flop thing, something tells me it's a sign of my own bad luck. 

I didn't even tell him that it's my birthday today, not that he would really care, to be very honest. 

"Myungsoo, you have no missions today so in other words you're useless for today so you can go home and chill!" I say. He walks over to me and stares at me with a bored expression, "It's your birthday, are you just going to spend it waiting for your husband out here for three and a half hours?" 

"Well, I really don't know what else to do... even Yoochun is sitting the examination right now, Changmin isn't, but you see, I don't even know him that well." I sigh and sit down at a nearby bench, "There's nothing special about my twenty first birthday, and it's not like Jaejoong did much for his twenty third birthday." 

Truth is, I actually wonder who raised me up as a kid. I mean, I don't even know what my earliest memory was, I just know an ahjumma rent me an apartment when I turned eight. Actually, I never paid her but I don't know why she let me stay and I'm not sure how I even survived, I don't even remember where my food in the pantry came from. Except at the age of fourteen and onwards, I had to start working really hard. 

I knew my age, but not my birthday, and that's really weird. So in other words, I have never celebrated my birthday. Sure, I did lie about it being on the twenty fifth of December because of my obsession with the beautiful Christmas lights that day. 

"Maybe you should celebrate it, you shouldn't have turned down Mr and Mrs Ahn's organisation of your birthday party." Myungsoo suggest, but I know everything is too late now. "Well, they'll just hold a huge formal event and that's just me and Jaejoong sitting at the dinner table and greeting guests as if we're the best couple of the century as well as having to do formal public speaking and I kind of hate that." 

Myungsoo laughs at my response, "You and Jaejoong love each other though, how is that a problem?" I widen my eyes and almost choke on my own saliva, Myungsoo stares at me weirdly. "No, it isn't even what you think, but since we're such great friends and you follow me when I make you, can't you tell me and Jaejoong have a very different relationship?" 

"No, I've seen you two kiss when you used to go to college, in fact you and him would kiss in front of everyone." I can feel my face heat up, so I pretend to cough intensely, as if my facial redness came from me coughing too insanely. Myungsoo lightly slaps me on the back multiple times, "Wah, are you okay?" He asks, concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine, and Myungsoo! You really are non observant!" 

"Well, I do remember the time when Mr Kim ordered me to stalk Jaejoong-ssi and he came home drunk with a girl then Mr Kim raged at him. You defended him though, which means you forgave him because you love him." Myungsoo replies, sounding as intelligent as possible. He places his hand on his chin, "Hmm... so I guess you can call that, couples fight but make up in bed." 

Why the does he look so innocent, does he even know what he's saying?! I flush at the thought of his last phrase and pretend to intensly cough again, "Ka Eun!! Should I take you to the doctors, you seem to be coughing heaps!" I immediately stop, "Yah! Kim Myungsoo! How can you say these things so casually....especially about the bed..." 

He furrows his eyebrows and covers his open mouth, "Anniya! No! I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, just that married couples sleep together in bed and enjoy each other's company, even if there's a dispute, they'll still be sharing that relationship when they sleep. That's what I meant, I promise!" I sigh in relief, and truth is I've only been sleeping in the same room as Jaejoong a couple of weeks ago. Whatever, back to the topic because this guy is a stupid worm. 

"We don't love each other, you know. Only Yoochun, Jaejoong and I know about this but Jaejoong and I married because I proposed something stupid. He reminded me of an annoying guy who left me so I said to Jaejoong I'd make his life hell by marrying him and ruining him after that. He agreed because I was provoking him and he said he wasn't scared... turns out the annoying guy who left me, is actually Kim Jaejoong. Everything is just crazy right? I was so immature for suggesting a marriage." I sigh, but at least me and Jaejoong aren't in ter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter