♔034

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter thirty-four: Ice cream

I lie in bed and look up at the ceiling, I don't know why but it appears as though I am having sleeping difficulties. Poor teddy bear JaeJae, abandoned on the side couch because a certain someone doesn't like plushies lying around on the bed. The bed is king sized, it's not like we use all the space! For some reason I feel uncomfortable but I guess it's because I actually have someone lying next to me, although I am on the edge of the bed keeping my distance. It isn't completely dark, the city lights from our full length huge windows are slightly illuminating the room, but it's a comfortable light and doesn't distract me from falling asleep. 

I turn around and face Jaejoong, and I'm still not really convinced on what Yoochun had to say. I scoot over slightly closer to him, he actually looks like an angel when he's sound asleep, "Is there things that I don't know about you yet you won't tell me?" I whisper. As much as we bicker I actually really do care for him eventhough he probably doesn't give a about me. I get up from the bed and rummage through my box of belongings taken from my old room, miraculously I find the photo I took from Taeyeon's house a while ago. I stare at it, and then stare back at Jaejoong, "There's a little resemblence but it can't possibly be you." I sigh and throw it back in the box. 

*

"How the hell did you end up sleeping on the floor." I hear Jaejoong say as I wearily open my eyes as the cold morning breeze hits me sending shivers down my spine. I wrap my arms around myself and quench into a little ball. The weather is still cold even though it's meant to be spring. With out warning, Jaejoong lifts me up and throws me onto the bed, before positioning himself with his legs parted on top of me. I stare directly at his dark eyes and milky white skin, "Jeez, you really need to get a tan." He doesn't say anything and continues to stare as if he's drilling a hole into my face, I push him, "What the hell, get away from me you ugly human!" He smiles and flicks my forehead, "There, there you're all lively and awake now." 

Aish, another one of his teasing, and he does it so recklessly and shamelessly. "You really have to stop sleeping half ..." I manage to say as he puts on his singlet and a low V cut oversized striped sweater on. "Why? Can't resist my body?" 

I shake my head furiously, "No! It just makes me feel awkward." 

"Why would you even feel awkward?" He asks, smirking. I sigh in defeat, he always gets me, "I'm going to brush my teeth and get changed in the bathroom and I'm smart enough to lock the door." 

"Whatever, out of all people I can e on it wouldn't be you." He says, laughing off. I guess he'll be staying at home again today and studying, this guy actually works hard when he puts his mind to it. 

I walk outside of the bathroom after putting on comfortable clothing and tie my hair into a lose bun, looking as casual as ever. Jaejoong appears to be rummaging though my box of items. There's nothing special there, and I guess I should go and make breakfast. 

I turn around about to walk out the door and head to the kitchen, "Yah, Ka Eun-ah." I sigh and turn back to face him, "What do you want? I was just about to go make breakfast, stop hindering me in whatever I do seriou-" I completely forgot I had that photo frame kept in that box. 

"What's this? Why do you even have this picture? Aren't those the girls who treated you like ? This picture looks so old why do you even have it? What is wrong with you-"

"Woah, woah woah," I say, with my hands up in the air, surrendering, "Stop throwing all these questions about me, why are you so concerned?"

"I'm not even concerned. You're so freaking weird, keeping all this stuff, some people might think you're a stalker." I sigh in relief, I guess Jaejoong just eased out all my suspicions regarding that photo since his reaction was just that, but what reaction did I expect? "I just thought that the guy looked like you, that's all." I honestly say. He looks at me as if I just threw a rock at his face, "That's just mean, you're comparing this beautifully built figure to the one in the photo? Sheesh." I smile, he seems okay, I don't think anything is wrong with this guy either... I shouldn't have thought of him so weirdly and maybe Yoochun is right! 

Maybe Kim Jaejoong is just Kim Jaejoong, unpredictable but he doesn't always have reasons for what he does, he just does it because he does it. 

"Meh, I guess we'll throw that photo out, I don't know why I picked it up anyway." Jaejoong widens his eyes and stares at me, "You picked it up from the trash can? What are you?!"

I chuckle, "I was suspicious okay! It's fine anyway, I'll go throw it out. You stay here and revise for your upcoming exam to get a good name and make your parents proud while I go and make you breakfast! When's your exam anyway?" I ask, for some reason I just feel so relieved and I can stop worrying about his intentions and behaviour.

"It's like at the end of this month, the thirty first." I smile, "Oh I see! Good luck, fighting!"

Jaejoong's P.O.V

"I was suspicious okay! It's fine anyway, I'll go throw it out. You stay here and revise for your upcoming exam to get a good name and make your parents proud while I go and make you breakfast! When's your exam anyway?" Why is she suddenly so curious and suddenly there's like some ultimate mood change moment and she's not attempting to offend me.

"It's like at the end of this month, the thirty first." I reply in a monotone. There's a little pause of silence and I just continue to stare at her.

"Oh I see! Good luck, fighting!" She says and disappears out the door. What the is wrong with her today? Scrapping away that thought I take a seat on my comfotable office chair and begin to revise. Is there even a need for me to study this hard when I don't actually need a degree to become the successor of the family business? Whatever, my parents are so ing obsessed with pride. It'll be like all, "Hey what did your son graduate at? How well did he perform?!" Then they'd proudly be like, "Oh yeah he graduated from the prestigious Seoul University and was like the top 0.0001% of the school!"

Yeah maybe that was overexaggerated but still. 

Anyway, bottom line is I'm still not convinced with Ka Eun's explanation about being suspicious. I mean what is there to be suspicious about? Do I look and seem like a weirdo? I'm perfectly fine.

'No you're not, you're a narcissist and a player and sometimes you over and bully her way too much. Let's not forget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter