♔044

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♔Chapter forty-four: His teasing
(I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE BEEN MISPELLING 'FORTY' AS 'FOURTY' FOR LIKE MY WHOLE LIFE I FEEL SO ASHAMED, ok sorry.)

It's been a week since my kiss with Myungsoo and his confession, I haven't been calling him to work for me but neither has he attempted to call or text me. I'm such a bad person. I bury my face into my hands, I really don't deserve him yet I enjoy the feeling of being loved by someone because no one loves me. If I were to reject him right away, what if he treats me coldly and less sincere? I can't believe I'm taking advantage of his affection for me just because I enjoy the feeling. I'm not accepting him, I'm also not rejecting him so I'm just avoiding everything and being a coward. 

I know I'm a coward, but I don't know how to handle situations like this, or in other words, I'm taken back by my own selfishness. 

I can't talk to anyone about this either because no one really cares about what I have to say and my communication with parents have gotten worse ever since I refused to divorce Jaejoong. The only person who is basically always there is Kim Myungsoo, yet I single handedly pushed him away, so everything is my fault. 

I am to blame for my loneliness. 

I also have trust issues ever since the incident with Taeyeon and those girls. 

Jaejoong is let off to go to work in the morning but for some reason he had a huge grin on his face, not even going to over exaggerate but his smile was so wide it was probably around 50km in width. 

Okay, I over-exaggerated.

My phone vibrates, playing a ringtone I have never heard in my life. What the-, isn't that Jaejoong's song? As if he recorded it, and he must have set it as my phone ringtone since he's so proud of himself, maybe too proud.

"Yeobosayo?" 

"It's me, Yoochun." 

"I thought you forgot about me since you never call me and you haven't spoken to me in a long time." I honestly reply, still surprised with his sudden call. 
"I'm sorry, like Jaejoong, I'm also spending a lot of time at my family's company too." 

I nod my head for no reason, it's not like he can even see me. "I understand, you're probably a lot more hardworking than Jaejoong is anyway. So why did you call?" 

"Let's meet." 

"Why?" 

"You'll see, let's eat lunch together too." 

He gives me the location and hang up. Realisation hits me because I think I dismissed the family's chauffer, only because Jaejoong or Myungsoo knew how to drive and usually take me to places but Jaejoong isn't available right now and Myungsoo is definitely not an option. I sigh and swallow my pride to give Yoochun a text.

Can you...pick me up?

*

"Hi dongsaeng." Changmin says as he eyes me and Yoochun as we enter the restaurant. "You- you're really a stalker, why are you here?" I ask. Yoochun smiles at my childishness with Changmin, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that Changmin will also be joining us." 

I let out a long sigh, I can't believe I have to see Changmin here, like I mentioned before, he leaves things half answered but when I question him he either tells me to work it out myself or he 'forgot'. In other words, this person really gets on my nerves and I avoid seeing him in case he says more weird things that make me curious and disappointed with doubts.

"Ka Eun, why are you so disappointed to see me, I'm so upset." Changmin says, pretending to sniff and cry. I roll my eyes and look at Yoochun who seems to not be able to stop smiling. 

"Ka Eun," Yoochun starts, "How is it between the Ahn family and the Kim family?" I shrug, "I don't know, I don't see them, why don't you go and ask Jaejoong." 

"Don't worry, he was just asking a rhetorical question because we probably have a better understanding of your life than you do yourself, Miss clueless." I slump myself onto the chair and heave a heavy sigh. After all these so called 'experiences' it's not like I haven't noticed how clueless I am, but at the same time these two weirdos in front of me don't tell me anything. 

"Why would you even be asking me these things,  it's not like I know what to do anyway." 

"What if I told you that you can live happily with Jaejoong and at the same time not allow the Kim's to act so ruthlessly?" Yoochun asks. I take a sip on my glass of water, "I'm sorry but me becoming the heiress won't work because I'm not smart." 

"We haven't even started explaining yet." Changmin buts in, he stares at me with wide eyes, "You really are impatient, just like Jaejoong." 

"Yeah whatever." 

Yoochun leans his elbows on the table and leans closer, Changmin does the same to enclose the space around us. "The reason why the Kim's took it away so easily is because they knew about this proposal when it isn't even publicly announced, and that comes down to one thing...trust. So the Kim's also took advantage of this and I heard they caused the shares of your company to drop... so with lack of money to do anything, recently the Ahn's were forced into a partnership with the Kim's as they hold great fortune. Unfortunately, Director Kim somehow obtained all the funds hence taking over the project, they still let the Ahn's participate in it, just a little. This happened a few days ago literally, so imagine how bitter the two families are." 

I stare at him weirdly because I honestly don't understand a single bit of information he had vomitted out. Changmin smirks at me before letting out a mallicious laugh, "Yoochun! She doesn't even know these things. I'll do the explaining." 

I nod as Changmin takes a large sip of water before starting, "Long story short, the Kim's successfully took over that project by taking advantage of the Ahn's hardships and the Ahn's haven't done anything to fight back mainly because...they really have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter