♔025

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty-five: Buying a present

We’ve wondered around the shop for nearly an hour, and still clueless on what present to purchase for Appa. I know, it’s difficult, especially when the freak next to me isn’t helping at all. We’re currently strolling around in the Doota mall, the place where we established most of our hate for each other. Thinking back about it, it was rather ridiculous. I guess I was just really protective of myself so I slapped him for coming near me. Involuntarily, my lips curved into a small, silly smile. Not realising Jaejoong’s look on his face.

“What are you smiling at? I’m judging you so hard right now.” He scoffed, staring down at me. I look up at him and blink a few times, “What? I’m not even smiling, you’re just hallucinating.”

“Oh? Or maybe you’re just thinking about what happened here a while ago.” Jaejoong replied. I looked at him intently in the eye; does this guy really know what I’m thinking?

“Why are you looking at me that way, am I really that attractive?” He asks, raising an eyebrow at me. “Psh… you’re so full of yourself!” I reply, slapping his arm. This time, he eyes me murderously; I just slapped him…on the arm. Feeling a bit scared, I take a few steps away from him and he laughs loudly.

“Why do you have to be so scared of me? I won’t do anything. We’re married now.” He says while laughing, grasping his arm around my shoulders. I lightly flinch a bit. It’s not that I’m scared of him, just that when he stares at me like that, I really feel powerless.

“Are you doing this because we’re in public or what?” I mutter under my breath, loud enough for him to hear. Jaejoong shrugs his shoulders and stares at me, “Look Mrs Kim, just because I don’t love you, we’re still living together and legally married. I mean I can’t divorce you right now, because our parents would be disappointed.”

“Get to the point Jaejoong.” I say, letting out a sigh.

“Maybe we can be in good terms instead of giving each other headaches.” He suggests. I swear what he said just then was something that I thought he’d never say, in fact I thought it was the last thing he’d say. Or maybe Yoochun was correct about Jaejoong, maybe he really is a nice guy, HAHAHA no.

“Are you trolling me or what, or are you having mood swings and being extra friendly.”

“What? You’re actually rejecting my kindness?! You’re such a .” He says, frowning, though he doesn’t look sad at all. It’s not that I’m rejecting it, it’s just that I don’t trust him enough to think that he doesn’t have other intentions.

“Jaejoong, uh… it’s just that, it always seems to be me who’s suggesting these things, and you never really accepted it so I’m just a bit surprised by your words, that’s all.” He raises his eyebrow at me again, “What? Since when do I reject these things, I’m the nicest man alive.”

“Fine! It’s a deal, and if you ever be mean to me I’ll chop you up with a butcher knife.”

“What? please! You don’t even have the guts to hold up a knife!” I frown, I guess he’s correct. I remain silent as we continue to stroll around the large shopping centre, his arm around my shoulder, partly because we are in public and we have to play our roles.

“Can you please help me think of something to buy? I mean I don’t know what you guys like.” I complain. “Personally, I like expensive .” Jaejoong replies. Yes, he’s just that specific. I sigh, letting out a frown, I really wished I spent longer bonding with my parents, instead of straight away getting married and living away from them with this jerk.

“Maybe he’ll like a new watch.” He suddenly suggests. I turn to face him, “Are you just suggesting random items because you can’t think of anything else, and you’re trying to make it sound like you’re helpful when you’re not?” I ask, suspiciously. Jaejoong furrows his eyebrows and sighs, “God Ka Eun! Let me tell you this, nights ago, I went to follow my dad to his business place where your father was too. His watch looked a bit rusty, but it’s as if he never had the time to change it.”

“What if he likes his rusty watch? I mean, it could mean something to him, or it could be an expensive antique.” I reply, still clueless on the perfect gift. “Man, Ka Eun, you’re so annoying. He’d like ANYTHING you give him, you’re his daughter, and you’re putting a lot of heart into this.”

“Fine, we’ll go and see the watches.” We continue to walk to the closest shop, a watch catching my eye.

“Jaejoong!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter