♔016

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter sixteen: Frying pan

“Oh Ka Eun! I haven’t seen you in three weeks! You two are officially married for three weeks now!” My Umma exclaims, caressing my cheeks.

“So how’s the baby business?” Mrs Kim blurts out, smiling at us.

“Oh Umma! You’re going to make my wifey feel really embarrassed here. Truth is she hasn’t even shown herself to me before…” I step on Jaejoong’s feet from under the table. Mrs Kim turns to face me with a worried expression on her face. “But… Ka Eunnie… you guys are married now, don’t be so afraid.”

“Eomeoni, am I a little bit too young?”

“ANNIYA, ANNIYA! You guys are both over twenty now! Plus you’re husband and wife! Why are you worrying so much?”

“Umma,” Jaejoong blurts out, “maybe Ka Eun just doesn’t trust me.”

“KA EUN! YOU HAVE TO TRUST YOUR HUSBAND!”

“Eomeoni, I’m not an easy woman! Don’t make me sound that way please!” I laugh. She takes it as though I’m joking but I’m actually being serious.

“Umma, maybe Ka Eun doesn’t trust my skills.” Mrs Kim gets startled a bit, and stares at me with her long-flaring eyeballs.

“Have you… have you not ever done it before?” I flush red in the face. WHO IN THE WORLD ASKS RETARDED QUESTIONS LIKE THIS REGARDING MY PERSONAL LIFE, OH MY GOD.

“I….”

“Oh Mrs Kim! Don’t embarrass my daughter like that!” Umma exclaims, saving my life. Jaejoong leans in close to my ears, I can feel his breath tickling it. “Oh…” he silently whispers, “trust me to take it.” He teases. I flush a bit and slap his arm.

“STUPID HOE!”

“Oh no no, we’re not singing Nicki Minaj.” He replies, giving me an evil smirk.

“KYAAAH! HE WHISPERED SOMETHING IN HER EAR AND MADE HER FLUSH! MAYBE WE’LL HAVE A GRANDCHILD IN THE NEXT MONTH OR SO!!!” Mrs Kim yells.“Oh goodness,  do you ever stop being such a childish mother and stop minding your son and daughter in law’s personal life?!” Mr Kim says, coming in to sit down next to Mrs Kim.

“You’re embarrassing my Ka Eun!” Appa yells out, placing himself right opposite me. “Oh Ka Eun, nice to see you again! Appa missed you! To think that we only found you not long ago and you’re already living away from us…”

“Nawhh Appa! Don’t be too sad! I’ll visit you often! I’ll visit you once a week!”

“Ka Eun will always be Appa’s sweety pie. Even once a fortnight will do!”

“I will visit you and Umma as often as I can!” The other parents all smile and look at me. “If only Jaejoong was an obedient and parent-loving son.” Mr Kim states.

“Appaaaaa!” Jaejoong pouts, “I’ll visit you once a month!”

“Not good enough!” I yell. Mr Kim smiles.

“Shhhhhh Ka Eun!”

“You two make the perfect couple. Ka Eun, you’ve always been pretty, but you’re looking more beautiful after you married!” Mrs Kim compliments. I can feel Jaejoong kick my side. “She’s absorbing all my beauty.” Jaejoong jokes, actually, he’s probably not even joking. All those are his indirect insults to me. I pout, Jaejoong is too ugly!

The chef arrives and places down some delicious food on the table. “Umma, Appa, Eomeoni, Abeoji, let us eat!” I announce.

Yummmy, yummy food!

*

“You have got to stop eating so much, like seriously Ka Eun. I don’t want you to get fat, you’ll look worse than you already do.” His insult dive into my left ear and comes out the right ear. I don’t really care what he says. I’ve known him long enough to get used to it.

“I…like food.” I manage to squeak.

“Oh then, what sort of food do you like?” He randomly asks, as if showing interest in me. Well Jaejoong, that’s new. Are you only talking to me because I have make up on or something…

“You wouldn’t know about commoner junk food Mr Kim, you’re too classy and good for everything. Oh and look, it’s 12AM, I’m going to go to sleep. Have fun sleeping alone!”

“I’m no like you. I WILL BE ABLE TO SLEEP ALONE, Japan was a lie.”

“DOUBT IT! SHOULD’VE SEEN HOW SCARED YOU LOOKED!”

“You’re wasting my time, if you really want to talk to me about something, you’ll have five minutes to do so when morning comes. Love you babe.”

“Sweet nightmare yeobo bayyyy….BY.” I yell in agony.

♘Jaejoong’s P.O.V

A light tapping on my face, although it doesn’t seem like I can feel anything. It feels as soft as feather, or maybe nothing at all. A finger sliding across the bridge of my nose, a moist droplet falling onto my cheek. My eyes are closed, a hand caressing my left cheek, whispering sweet words in my ear.

“Remember me?” The girl asks.“Remember? Remember?” I open my eyes slowly to see a girl, so close in front of me yet I can’t see her face.

“Who are you?”

“From your childhood…. From five years ago. You forgot? You really forgot?”

“Um, that’s why I’m asking?” I say, wow that was a sassy come back, good one Jaejoong. “You… you don’t remember. You don’t remember at all?” What the is her problem, I just said I didn't. 

“No. I don’t remember okay?”

“Five years ago… five years ago.”

“Shut up, what the is your name?”

“Five years ago… five years ago… ten years ago…ten years ago.”

“Shut up!”

“We’ll meet again, Kim Jaejoong. This time… you won’t be able to leave out of my hands.”

*

I let out a huge gasp and open my eyes to darkness. That… a retarded dream. Stupid Ka Eun actually cursed me to have a ing nightmare of some crazy mental chick. It would be so scary if I came across something like that in reality. A ticking sensation slides across my cheek, feeling as light as feather, it nearly feels as though someone is dragging a soft feather across my beautiful cheeks. Oh no. This is horrible.

Th-th-th-that dream!

..

Oh oops, it was just the corner of my blanket gliding across my cheek. I shut my eyes again, hoping to sleep in peace and have a sweet, beautiful dream. Tick, tock… tick tock. It’s the clock, probably making its way to midnight. The moon outside is full and bright today, shining directly at my blanket… then I hear another sound. The door creaking… someone is coming in? is it… is it…

“Eah!!!” I lightly yell. No no, get a ing hold of yourself Jaejoong. Stop being a when you’re already twent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter